Don’t you think we need someone to be PC’s boss?

Joyodongo

Reaction score
Don’t forget: it was PA who called PC and JS and asked them to do some significant changes a couple of years ago. If it wasn’t for him, we’d still have Cable, Bevell & Co.
I know nobody is going to fire PC. And he’s JS’s boss. And Paul’s sister is not his brother, and he’s too stubborn to acknowledge flaws and try to improve.
I think we need someone to tell him:
- Fix the time management issues
- Do not stick to bad coordinators
- Don’t waste first round picks in RBs
- You lose games in the first half !!!!
Things like these...

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

sutz

Reaction score
A head coach is a head coach. You want to fire the best coach in team history in year two of a rebuild in which we went to the second round of the playoffs in the first?

Not buying it.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Okay, but if they're gonna do some Jerry Jones or Dan Snyder stuff they need to get moved to the NFC East where they'd belong.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
bmorepunk":24pt1fh8 said:
Okay, but if they're gonna do some Jerry Jones or Dan Snyder stuff they need to get moved to the NFC East where they'd belong.

My son might shoot me for saying this, but I was rooting hard against Atlanta last half of last season. Quinn was on the hot seat and I was in hopes of Pete getting him back as DC. That's a major change I would welcome. But Quinn and the Falcons pulled off a stronger finish, so ended that hope.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Ans: NO!

Some here think Pete doesn't understand football or that he knows what's wrong with the team or that he and JS aren't trying to fix the team. Finding impact players at the end of each round is not easy and keeping a good team together requires rebuilding at times.

Be very careful what you wish for. This team has strung together almost enviable record since Pn'J arrived. This staff gets things done. The present team has the potential with a few extra parts to be special. Change for change sake often screws up a good thing. With all personnel decisions time and performance does change things. After Pete there will be huge change here and it may not be positive.

KinesProf

Reaction score
No. Keep the non-football people away from the football side of things.

Look at Washington and Cleveland and the meddling that Snyder and Haslam do.

BASF

Reaction score
I get it. People are frustrated. However, looking at the roster to start the season, how many of you actually believed that we would make the Divisional round? The defense this season was flawed from the very beginning.

With Reed suspended to start the season, we had no one to push the pocket on the interior. Signing Al Woods was never going to help with this crucial part of the defense. We needed to add a penetrator here and I hope that we do not make this mistake this offseason.

There was zero reason to think that Jefferson and Green were going to be the bookend DE's we need to get pressure, without anyone pushing on the interior.

There was zero reason to think that the combination of Thompson and McDougald would play better than the previous season (when Thompson became the starter, our pass yards allowed per game went up significantly)

There was only hope that each of those players would take the next step and elevate their games. The Clowney and Diggs trades made a huge difference, but not nearly enough. We have given up too many points to expect wins in twenty-two regular season games in the past two seasons. That is the number we need to improve upon more than anything.

The main reason we have been in these games, has been Pete Carroll and the coaching staff. What we really need is better talent on the defensive side of the ball. It may be that we have lost too many people in the scouting department to other teams, but we need a talent infusion far more than anything listed in the OP.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
BASF":276gzctb said:
..........The main reason we have been in these games, has been Pete Carroll and the coaching staff....
"We've won because of Russ and in spite of Pete" incoming from someone in 5-4-3........

knownone

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind if they invested in a guy who specializes in clock management.

Everything else feels like a commentary on things you can't possibly know.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Joyodongo":1ijgv0me said:
Don’t forget: it was PA who called PC and JS and asked them to do some significant changes a couple of years ago. If it wasn’t for him, we’d still have Cable, Bevell & Co.
I know nobody is going to fire PC. And he’s JS’s boss. And Paul’s sister is not his brother, and he’s too stubborn to acknowledge flaws and try to improve.
I think we need someone to tell him:
- Fix the time management issues
- Do not stick to bad coordinators
- Don’t waste first round picks in RBs
- You lose games in the first half !!!!
Things like these...

I’ve said this previously but we cannot do anything to change anything.

We have absolutely no power and no leverage to change anything about Carroll or how he manages or coaches the team.

Here’s how it’ll play out next years16 games.

First half no offense.

Third quarter, something.

Fourth quarter 3 tds.

Game over.

Close game.

907Hawk

Reaction score
Joyodongo":gf696vg9 said:

Where did you get this information, were you on a conference call from Spain.

The answer is No.

chris98251

Reaction score
Lewinski made the overtures, brought Pete here and then Paul was involved directly.

AgentDib

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":1tgzc7jh said:
Here’s how it’ll play out next years16 games. First half no offense. Third quarter, something. Fourth quarter 3 tds. Game over. Close game.
You may find our splits by quarter under Pete Carroll interesting.

Seahawks Splits

We're a little more conservative in the first quarter with a much lower amount of interceptions. Our passing volume is actually highest in the second quarter along with the interception and sack highs. We have the most rushing attempts in the 4th quarter when we tend to have a lead and are trying to run out the clock.

OP
OP
Joyodongo

Joyodongo

Reaction score
907Hawk":isr8i2bw said:
Joyodongo":isr8i2bw said:

Where did you get this information, were you on a conference call from Spain.

No, my friend, Pete acknowledged it several times after that offseason. Listen to the old Mondays’ show with Brock&Salk and you’ll hear it crystal clear.

OP
OP
Joyodongo

Joyodongo

Reaction score
getnasty":34mytct3 said:
Sounds like we need Jerry Jones

As far as I know, PA was more a basketball guy than a football guy, but he was far from being an idiot, and anyone could see that something was not working then and he decided to have a chat with PC/JS. That’s great. I personally miss this, not another Jerry Jones (anyway, he’s the GM, so ...).

I see that most of the people disagree with this idea of someone “supervising” PC, and that’s great. At least you don’t get insulted when you dare to criticize PC/JS (which was a very usual response a couple of years ago).

xray

Reaction score
This is Wilson's team not Carroll's . Wilson has made it plain what he wants going forward; and Carroll should listen . Turn up yer hearing aids Pete ! :D

Latest posts