Dolphins vs Bengals

Mizak

Reaction score
Didn’t know Bevell was Pass Game Coordinator and Quarterbacks Coach for the Dolphins.

OP
OP
M

Mizak

Reaction score
Another concussion for Tua and it looks bad. The NFL seriously needs to investigate the Dolphins AGAIN on how they let Tua play last week against the Bills.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Seeing that concussion hit close to home for us. My wife met Tua a couple months ago when he and two other Dolphins were serving breakfast at her company HQ in Fort Lauderdale. Tua was serving pancakes and asked her which of three choices she wanted. Chocolate chip, naturally. She said he was a really nice guy. Hoping and praying he's OK.

Last edited:

RedAlice

Reaction score
Another concussion for Tua and it looks bad. The NFL seriously needs to investigate the Dolphins AGAIN on how they let Tua play last week against the Bills.

Tua should not be playing.

Herbert should not have been playing either.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
It looked VERY bad, I can't remember seeing a QB lock up like that before. I hope his recovery time is comfortable for him and that he doesn't try to rush back from this. Man, you hate to see things like this.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
A doctor I worked with that did work with ex-NFL players shared that concussions are cumulative. Tua having had one the game before, made him more likely to have one today. And going to be even more likely to have them.

They need to be very careful with him moving forward.

He shouldn't have been playing this game.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Tua will be welcomed back on the team...well unless he's a drooling vegetable but I think thats just common sense...

RedAlice

Reaction score
A doctor I worked with that did work with ex-NFL players shared that concussions are cumulative. Tua having had one the game before, made him more likely to have one today. And going to be even more likely to have them.

They need to be very careful with him moving forward.

He shouldn't have been playing this game.

yes.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Why TF was Tua playing again so soon? I was shocked to hear that he was out there tonight.

Yes.

In case I have not said this: I am a dork. I have questionable (or none) depth perception and so I hit my head a lot. Once you hit it really hard, it takes like 10 or so days to recover. You can mask it in real life, but holy hell you cannot play a gladiator sport like that.

Ruminator

Reaction score
The report on Tua is that he "didn't have anything more serious than a concussion." He flew home yesterday. These types of hits being cumulative is right, what TwistedHusky said above. Dolphins coach Mike McDaniel said last night's hit was exacerbated by the hit he sustained during the Bills game.

I wonder if Eskridge's concussion last season was a lot worse (being that he missed a bunch of games) or if the Seahawks were being considerably more careful in comparison. I don't know all the details -- just wondering out loud.

Msfann

Reaction score
Why is that suplex tackle even legal in the nfl? The exact point of it is to slam a players head into the turf and try to hurt them.

ivotuk

Reaction score
The report on Tua is that he "didn't have anything more serious than a concussion." He flew home yesterday. These types of hits being cumulative is right, what TwistedHusky said above. Dolphins coach Mike McDaniel said last night's hit was exacerbated by the hit he sustained during the Bills game.

I wonder if Eskridge's concussion last season was a lot worse (being that he missed a bunch of games) or if the Seahawks were being considerably more careful in comparison. I don't know all the details -- just wondering out loud.
Pete is much more cautious about his players than any other coach in the NFL, and probably College. The Seahawks take care of their players, and want them to have lives after football. Pete also realizes that it's a lllllloooonnnnggg season, and not to "put all of his eggs in one basket."

How stupid is it that Mike McDaniel put an unknown outcome in a football game, ahead of a Concussed players health?

McDaniel must think that it's okay to risk everything on one game, even if it puts your whole season at risk!

Chargers coach is just as st00pid. Like RedAlice said, Herbert should NOT have played last weekend. Hell, he should NOT have finished the game the previous week!

Slick

Reaction score

It can be un-settling and I think it was a lot worse than we know. I suffered a concussion from being rear-ended (uh-huh huh huh Butthead laugh) by another car while I sat stopped at an off-ramp. 10 days of fuzziness and then tinnitus set in after that and never left. Psychologically tinnitus can really suck to get used to but I was able to overcome it and accept a new normal of ringing in my ears. But it can bring about depression and paranoia like crazy and your sleep can be awful.

I say this because I recall one of Eskridge's challenges was dealing with some ear-ringing and dizziness. I speculate he was in some way dealing with some awful stuff mentally and emotionally vs just physically. Concussions suck.

EDIT: To add to this I know these are athletes and they can recover faster yada yada yada. But your brain sloshing and smashing the sides of your skull is bad no matter your body fat %. I'm positive guys get cleared to play but are still not themselves. To Red Alice's point, you can play off you feel good post-concussion but you're not.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It really is mindblowing that they would endanger their QB like that. Take the loss. How many teams go undefeated anyway?
Teams literally tank for 10+ games to get a 1 in 3 chance at a starting QB.
The hardest thing to do in sports is to find one of those or a dominant starting pitcher.

But yet a team would endanger its QB to play him on a short week, for little to no real benefit other than a regular season game. Makes no sense.
The starting QB is the most coveted and valuable asset a team has or can have. Why risk it?
The goal is not to win every game, the goal is to advance farthest in the playoffs. To do that, you need to have your best producers healthy for the playoffs.

Just a weird move by the Fins.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Dolphins aren't sold on Tua as a long term solution at qb so they probably don't give a shit what happens to him