Do you think Lane is a better cover corner than maxwell?

blazen2392

Reaction score
Really impressed with him. I knew he was good, i never thought he was as good as hes recently been playing

Laloosh

Reaction score
Really wish I were smart enough to answer this.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I suspect he's a better cover corner, but he's been more fragile. He's a good bit faster & quicker than Maxwell, but lacks the dominant physicality of Maxwell, and he's smaller.

I believe he'd be worth giving a nice sized short contract, which he might be interested in signing to stay in our scheme to show he could become durable.

Seafan

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3mmahgec said:
I suspect he's a better cover corner, but he's been more fragile. He's a good bit faster & quicker than Maxwell, but lacks the dominant physicality of Maxwell, and he's smaller.

I believe he'd be worth giving a nice sized short contract, which he might be interested in signing to stay in our scheme to show he could become durable.

When another team offers him $30 million he will sign. Next man up.

Hawks46

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1xdxivtp said:

This. Plus, Maxwell was a better tackler and caused more turn overs.

As a pure cover corner, Lane is probably better, and he's much better in the slot. Maxwell caused more fumbles, and had more INT.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Hawks46":30nivsdo said:
jammerhawk":30nivsdo said:

This. Plus, Maxwell was a better tackler and caused more turn overs.

As a pure cover corner, Lane is probably better, and he's much better in the slot. Maxwell caused more fumbles, and had more INT.

I'm not confident in saying that Maxwell is better at getting INTs. Both had 2 INTs this season. And both had 2 INTs in their final seasons with the Seahawks . . . the difference is Lane did it in two games as a starter (and six overall games) vs. 12 games as a starter for Maxwell. Effectively, Lane had twice as many INTs per game.

Maxwell did have an uncanny ability to force fumbles, but he was also a little more loose in coverage. Lane has struggled a lot more with injuries. If both are healthy, straight up, I think I would take Lane.

crosfam

Reaction score
Love to hold on to both Lane and Shead, but I would settle for one out of two. Hopefully the injury history will keep down Lane's value just enough so we can sign him (but he will still get the $$ he has earned).

kearly

Reaction score
Purely in terms of coverage, I'd probably give Lane the edge. But Maxwell added huge value in several other areas, and he could stay healthy.

RussB

Reaction score
I think lane is faster and better in coverage, maxwell was a better tackler. REALLY hope they resign him.

Erebus

Reaction score
Seafan":1nifw921 said:
jammerhawk":1nifw921 said:

There is no way another team offers him that much. He's started 7 career games as a CB. Maxwell had a brilliant finish to the 2013 season and then was a starter for a full year. And not only that, but Maxwell's and Browner's recent performance has probably caused a lot of skepticism around the NFL about signing our corners.

I think the best offer he'll get will be from us.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Yes, he gets his head around quicker. B-max would be close to all-pro if he could get his head turned around faster.

ivotuk

Reaction score
They're shot equal, Bmax is tough and can punch balls out. Jlane is lightning fast, ran a 4.3. No way Ginn outruns Jeremy.

Seafan

Reaction score
Erebus":cq3sl5v7 said:
Seafan":cq3sl5v7 said:
jammerhawk":cq3sl5v7 said:

There is no way another team offers him that much. He's started 7 career games as a CB. Maxwell had a brilliant finish to the 2013 season and then was a starter for a full year. And not only that, but Maxwell's and Browner's recent performance has probably caused a lot of skepticism around the NFL about signing our corners.

I think the best offer he'll get will be from us.

Did you think that BMax would get $10m per season? Someone (Oakland, Atlanta, and others) will have no problem with offering Lane $6m a year, less than what Cary Williams made this season. Williams and Maxwell never made a Pro Bowl and got huge amounts of money. That's the nature of the position. Lane can play outside and inside and does it very well. He's going to get paid. I just hope it's not ARZ, SF or LA. It would be sweet if the Hawks step up and pay him. But if not.....next man up.

Vetamur

Reaction score
I think they may actually try to pay Lane. Lynch will be off the books, the salary cap is expanding, and they saw what happened this past off season bringing in Cary Williams. They saved a bit of money at the expense of, possibly, home field advantage.

rideaducati

Reaction score
If Therold Simon stays healthy, he has a good chance to be better than both of them.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
hawknation2015":kf44fzqi said:
Too bad he's an unrestricted free agent after this season.
Guess that's why we offer him a fair contact but move on if he gets Maxwell money. Philadelphia must be a fun place now, right? It's the price of signing Wilson. Or please explain who else is going to win this week, next week and two weeks after?

Houston, among others are a vivid object lesson in not having an elite level quarterback. You pick your path, given I already know my choice. We have to trust our quarterback choice at this point. End of story.

DeeHawks

Reaction score
rideaducati":1vzbj9wq said:
If Therold Simon stays healthy, he has a good chance to be better than both of them.
That's a big "if", he seems to always be hurt.
Would be great if we can find a way to keep Lane.

Latest posts