Dishnet Vs. Direct TV?

Manbearpig99

Reaction score
I have DirecTV. They are very good to deal with and the Sunday Ticket is great. However, I do not get Fox. DirecTV is fighting with them and I don't get them.

Also, the $2 per game is just the average of all the games they show. I do not think you can cherry pick the games you want to watch.

Chris

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
DIRECTV is awesome...never have issues with it, the technology has gotten better and better. Sunday Ticket is just an awesome thing for a die hard football fan.

The DIRECTV Genie (whole home DVR) is great too!

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
Manbearpig99":1ac0izug said:
Also, the $2 per game is just the average of all the games they show. I do not think you can cherry pick the games you want to watch.

Chris

Ahh, that must have been what they were talking about. Trying to break the cost down to make it sound like a deal at $2/game. I never caught the whole thing and was getting excited that you might be able to order on a per game basis like a Pay Per View movie. Oh well maybe they'll come to their senses one of the days do it. They'd probably make way more money.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
HawkWow":rztpr34m said:
lvnginhwktwn":rztpr34m said:
Howzit HawkWow, you cant go wrong with DTV, love it and the NFL Sunday ticket, its the only way I get to see the 9ers here in Hawk town.

I actually enjoy watching the Niners...always have. Obviously, since moving to the NFC, I do not hope for their success but they are an interesting, entertaining team on the football field. But I definitely enjoyed them more pre-Harbaugh.

You know Hawaii, so you know you and I are in similar boats. I'm dead in the middle of 9er country (for the most part), but change is in the wind. ; )

Good health to both of our clubs and thanks for the reply.

Shoots Brah, anytime! Where you stay?

CPHawk

Reaction score
I've had both, and liked both. That said DTV can't come to terms with the Pac 12 so I dumped them and went back to the dish. Oh and here in Seattle, I still have all my channels and I was able to watch the game on Sunday.

Throwdown

Reaction score
the DTV & Pac 12 thing pisses me off, luckily I have my ways of getting around it to watch UW games that are televised on Pac 12 Network.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":302w2828 said:
the DTV & Pac 12 thing pisses me off, luckily I have my ways of getting around it to watch UW games that are televised on Pac 12 Network.

Last year I had to watch games either on my laptop, or with my laptop connected to my TV. Either way it wasn't near as good as actual TV, so two weeks ago I switched when Scott said they won't be getting a deal done.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Its only 3-4 games though, I'm not really worried about the occasional choppy feed that clears up eventually. If I had to do that for the Seahawks again, I'd lose my damn mind, 2011 season was brutal with no TV.

taz291819

Reaction score
Manbearpig99":3t8kk63u said:
I have DirecTV. They are very good to deal with and the Sunday Ticket is great. However, I do not get Fox. DirecTV is fighting with them and I don't get them.

Chris

You can pay for a NFL game, one at time. Directv doesn't advertise it, but they offer it. Though, it's $25 per game.

Claden

Reaction score
I might be late with my input, but Direct TV all the way. I've had both too, and I HATED dish network.

Axx":ea54krlu said:
I work on sundays so i will probably get the NFL.com game rewind thing.
Is it worth it? Do they spike prices and how long until the games are made available?

I get the game rewind after the season. It's about $25-$30 with all games from 2009- current with coaches film. They have different packages during the season. I guess the games are not available until after the Sunday night game ends. Or on tuesdays for the monday night ones.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I have Direct TV, but for only one reason. NFL Sunday ticket. As a new customer the price of Sunday ticket is great. History shows it goes up the following year tho. Also in the rumor mill I've heard that the contract is close to being up, and that the NFL network is heavy in the mix. Not sure how that would play out for you, in my case I need Direct TV to get the NFL net work. Good Luck. GO HAWKS.

taz291819

Reaction score
Normally you can get Sunday Ticket for free as a new customer. After that, it's $200 a year, which isn't bad at all. It used to be close to $300 a couple of years ago.

OP
OP
H

HawkWow

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":ugiggwe1 said:
HawkWow":ugiggwe1 said:
lvnginhwktwn":ugiggwe1 said:
Howzit HawkWow, you cant go wrong with DTV, love it and the NFL Sunday ticket, its the only way I get to see the 9ers here in Hawk town.

I actually enjoy watching the Niners...always have. Obviously, since moving to the NFC, I do not hope for their success but they are an interesting, entertaining team on the football field. But I definitely enjoyed them more pre-Harbaugh.

You know Hawaii, so you know you and I are in similar boats. I'm dead in the middle of 9er country (for the most part), but change is in the wind. ; )

Good health to both of our clubs and thanks for the reply.

Shoots Brah, anytime! Where you stay?

Mon-Thurs on Oahu then home (Kauai) on weekends. Finally had to rent a place downtown. I was averaging 200 flights per year after committing to a project (on Oahu). The original plan was to commute via Super Ferry...you know how that turned out.

It looks like DishNet lost CBS as well now. We were watching something last night then..poof, it was gone. Replaced by a message blaming "Raycom". Whoever the hell Raycom is.

We get hooked up Friday afternoon with Direct and I so look forward to notifying Dishnet of the good news. They are some slippery bastage. The day I started this thread, I sat down to watch the game, but couldn't find it. I called Dishnetwork and asked the dude what channel NBC was...and told him I couldn't locate it on the menu. The dude just goes..."Oh, NBC is channel 13". Something didn't feel right so I asked him to hold while I looked. That's when I found the first "Raycom" message. I laid into the dude because it was clear he knew I'd find out there was no F'N NBC, but when I'd call back, I'd get a different operator. Punkass.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
Nice, I use to do that commute, go to Kauai on Monday come home to Oahu on Friday. I was working for the property management company that ran Coconut Market Place, Princeville Shopping Center and Rice Shopping Center. I painted all of them. Still have a house over in Kane'ohe on Oahu.

OP
OP
H

HawkWow

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":ti3qgslq said:
Nice, I use to do that commute, go to Kauai on Monday come home to Oahu on Friday. I was working for the property management company that ran Coconut Market Place, Princeville Shopping Center and Rice Shopping Center. I painted all of them. Still have a house over in Kane'ohe on Oahu.

Ahhhh,

I knew the guy you worked for..Bill? and he had a side thing called Apex painting (?). I lived in Haole-wood for almost 20 years. Who was the black / Carribean guy? Was his name Tom? Great guy....is that you? I did sports radio in Pville for many years as well as "alterative" rock on Friday nights. I have no doubt we know each other.

taz291819

Reaction score
FWIW, Raycom is one of the largest owners of TV stations in the country. Sinclair is by far the largest (and they own a TON of Fox stations), so things like this happen all the time.

OP
OP
H

HawkWow

Reaction score
taz291819":izk1tkkz said:
FWIW, Raycom is one of the largest owners of TV stations in the country. Sinclair is by far the largest (and they own a TON of Fox stations), so things like this happen all the time.

Thanks for the info. I hope it doesn't happen to Direct Tv next. I imagine the fine print makes them immune to cancellations. I will be cancelling Dish the second Direct is installed, whether I have to pay off the balance of my contract with them or not. I mean...we're talking football here.

mikeak

Reaction score
Local fox / NBC / abc / CBS have disputes with the carriers all the time. Very different from the time Warner dispute going on now which won't last for very long

BigMeach

Reaction score
pmedic920":s40x1ssx said:
I have Direct TV, but for only one reason. NFL Sunday ticket. As a new customer the price of Sunday ticket is great. History shows it goes up the following year tho. Also in the rumor mill I've heard that the contract is close to being up, and that the NFL network is heavy in the mix. Not sure how that would play out for you, in my case I need Direct TV to get the NFL net work. Good Luck. GO HAWKS.

It's not a rumor. This is the last year of the contract with DTV and Sunday Ticket. DTV shelled out 4 billion last time to extend the contract. They would probably have to pay quite a bit more this time as well, though they probably won't get it. Sunday Ticket is quite possibly going to be sold individually and have nothing to do with any major tv provider. I haven't heard anything about NFL Network but I know the rest to be true.

rideaducati

Reaction score
HawkWow":1vjvoc56 said:
Thanks for the replies all. Is it safe to say Direct TV (currently) gets NBC, CBS and ABC? Seems like a silly question, I know, but I just learned that our cable carrier here (Time Warner) does not get CBS.

Not only do you get those channels with DirecTV, you get them in HD. NFL Sunday Ticket is free the first year and the second year, which is where I am currently, you pay $150. So, for two years of Sunday Ticket, you pay $75 per year. Not bad.

If you call and complain about the "new" subscribers getting all those freebies, they'll also lower your bill $10-$20 per month for 15 months which actually pays for Sunday Ticket for you. You have to re-up with the two years though.