Diggs

seahawksteve

Reaction score
he's had a great year considering how bad the defense has played at times.

Will he be back? clearly, we paid the wrong safety.

can Seattle afford to pay him with Adams contract?

justafan

Reaction score
If we play so deep and funnel the O to our Lbs i dont know if we need him. I dont think I have seen two players have such a high amount of tackles with so few by the rest. TOs overall by team is low. Nobody in the back 7 earned a large contract in this scheme.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Signing Diggs has to be the #1 priority this offseason for the Seahawks. DJ Reed is also a UFA after this season. If they don't bring back one or both of these guys, the secondary would be worse than it was this season. Diggs top 5 safety on the market so he definitely won't be cheap. It might have been better to sign him to extension this offseason, which is what he was looking for.

justafan

Reaction score
He used be a aggressive. Now I see him standing around more. That lame play on Sony Michel was crazy.No effort what so ever. If you pay that much for a S he needs to be a gamechanger in a more aggressive role.

sutz

Reaction score
Critics can bite me. He's as close to a must sign as we have back there. :2thumbs:

iigakusei

Reaction score
Ahhhh Jamal Adams - the gift that keeps on giving. You can't pay him what he wants unfortunately.

olyfan63

Reaction score
We need to find a way to keep Diggs. He is a key in this defense. Pete's D requires a safety with speed and range and instincts. ET had this in his prime, and Diggs has it. No others I've seen here have. Franchise tag him if nothing else.

Yes, the play vs Rams where he made a business decision on tackling Sony Michel didn't look good. Big deal. He is a difference maker in the pass defense. Maybe we need better LBs and DLs that more often keep runners from getting into the secondary with a full head of steam. Maybe Diggs has a shoulder injury he wasn't eager to test.

Seahawks D has been on the field a TON this season, due to offense not moving the chains reliably. It takes a toll on those bodies on the Defensive side. Adams, bum shoulder, and maybe now Diggs too. Hawks have to put an offense on the field that gives the defense a rest every now and then. Makes me wonder if our LBs and DL will also show excessive wear and tear and break down with numerous injuries these final two games.

Love Adams the player, mostly, but trade value is questionable, given that he has to be healthy and on the field to have any value.

getnasty

Reaction score
Rat":3ne8d3ig said:
He seems like a good candidate for the franchise tag.

I agree with this. I'd try to get him on s 3 year deal but if you can't get it done then franchise tag for a year make a lot of sense. If i remember right he turns 30 this off season.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Jamal Adams is the gift that keeps on giving. If we pay Diggs the team is going to have stupid amounts of capital wrapped up into the safety position.

I don't know what Carroll was smoking when he made that trade.

PNW

Reaction score
Trade Jamal Adams for a bag of corn chips, take that L now and sign Diggs. Pete should lose his job over the Jamal Adams mistake.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Cut Adams an give the money to Diggs.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
olyfan63":1o8wyd2s said:
Seahawks D has been on the field a TON this season, due to offense not moving the chains reliably. It takes a toll on those bodies on the Defensive side. Adams, bum shoulder, and maybe now Diggs too. Hawks have to put an offense on the field that gives the defense a rest every now and then. Makes me wonder if our LBs and DL will also show excessive wear and tear and break down with numerous injuries these final two games.

Or the defense could do themselves a favor and get off the field once in awhile. Blame the offense all you want, but the defense is as much to blame.

Jville

Reaction score
olyfan63":269eytg8 said:
We need to find a way to keep Diggs. He is a key in this defense. Pete's D requires a safety with speed and range and instincts. ET had this in his prime, and Diggs has it. No others I've seen here have. Franchise tag him if nothing else.

Yes, the play vs Rams where he made a business decision on tackling Sony Michel didn't look good. Big deal. He is a difference maker in the pass defense. Maybe we need better LBs and DLs that more often keep runners from getting into the secondary with a full head of steam. Maybe Diggs has a shoulder injury he wasn't eager to test.

Love Adams the player, mostly, but trade value is questionable, given that he has to be healthy and on the field to have any value.

This years zone blitz action was disappointing. I would guess that there will need to be changes up front. Either in the form of personnel changes or modifications to schemes or both. It should create intrigue for the upcoming off season.

In the meantime, I'm looking forward to some interesting auditions this weekend. :2thumbs:

Latest posts