DIFFERENCE BETWEEN 4-1 AND 3-2

falcongoggles

Reaction score
A little right turn on that kick was the difference between 3-2 and 4-1.

3-2 - everyone is wondering if we can get over the hump, if we are ready to challenge for the NFC West title next year. We are talking about being in a hole in the NFC West against the contenders and how SF at home and the Rams on the road are must wins

4-1 - We are 2-0 in our division and crawling our way up the NFC. Everyone is talking about Russ being an MVP contender and the Seahawks having mojo. We torpedo the Rams confidence and hopefully cause them to lose another game after this.

nanomoz

Reaction score
There's also an emotional element that Pete won't acknowledge. It's been a while since the Hawks have beaten the Rams.

This win matters. It also puts pressure on the Niners in the Hawks's name. And Garroppolo's turnovers will soon matter.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
falcongoggles":1v54j8x7 said:

3-2 - everyone is wondering if we can get over the hump, if we are ready to challenge for the NFC West title next year. We are talking about being in a hole in the NFC West against the contenders and how SF at home and the Rams on the road are must wins

4-1 - We are 2-0 in our division and crawling our way up the NFC. Everyone is talking about Russ being an MVP contender and the Seahawks having mojo. We torpedo the Rams confidence and hopefully cause them to lose another game after this.

Funny how often sporting events come down to literally inches.

Glad to be on the positive side this time :irishdrinkers:

BubbaGump

Reaction score
nanomoz":kh2yr6tt said:
There's also an emotional element that Pete won't acknowledge. It's been a while since the Hawks have beaten the Rams.

This win matters. It also puts pressure on the Niners in the Hawks's name. And Garroppolo's turnovers will soon matter.
This win is HUGE! It also puts pressure in the Rams. I would be surprised if they are the same team we just saw when we play them again this season. I will next be surprised if we just sent there season in a downward spiral that they cannot get out of. If healthy, we will also be a more dangerous team next time we meet I think.

calinator

Reaction score
BubbaGump":1nep9jjo said:
nanomoz":1nep9jjo said:

This win is HUGE! It also puts pressure in the Rams. I would be surprised if they are the same team we just saw when we play them again this season. I will next be surprised if we just sent there season in a downward spiral that they cannot get out of. If healthy, we will also be a more dangerous team next time we meet I think.

And it's because of a kick going a few feet off line. What a crazy game of inches and how emotional it can make everything and change everything. Huge huge win.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I think John Clayton called it correctly when he said with a win, NFC championship is possible, with a loss it's probably a wildcard spot.

sutz

Reaction score
Hawkpower":uiihtyqq said:
falcongoggles":uiihtyqq said:

Funny how often sporting events come down to literally inches.

Glad to be on the positive side this time :irishdrinkers:
Game of inches.

Lockett toe tapping the end zone.

TT interception just off the ground.

Tackle on the 2 pt attempt.

Then the FG at the end.

Yeah, game of inches.

jeremiah

Reaction score
Pete messed up bad before the half. Rams had 3rd down with about 10 seconds left in the half. No timeouts, WE had a timeout. You call it before their play, tell everyone to tackle any eligible receiver. Worst that happens is a PI, first and goal, one play left from the 2 or farther away.. Rams kick a FG....4 points difference. Those little things drive me nuts. A lot more little things in the NO game are on the coach. Another thing is, why not practice at full speed on the home turf. Too many slips by home players. They need to get a feel for it...Penny today, and Carson this year a lot. They should know which cleats to wear before the game starts

Great win tonight though. RW is simply at the top of his game.

HawkGANG

Reaction score
Pssssst, 1 more game and Jarren Reed is back :lol: :lol: :0190l:

AgentDib

Reaction score
HawkGANG":d5072i3d said:
Pssssst, 1 more game and Jarren Reed is back :lol: :lol: :0190l:
Somebody should go back through the Jarran Reed suspension thread and see what the resulting predictions were for the first six games. I know that at the time I felt we'd be doing decent to be 3-3 without him.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Wins are hard in the NFL. Our Hawks caught a couple breaks but regardless they looked good against a very good team. The way that 3rd and 1 call played out I was definitely wondering if that was going to be the play that sealed the game...what a game to be at. I need to take some blood pressure meds now

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Threedee":15u3zjpj said:
Rams next game is against the Niners. It might actually benefit us for LA to win.

You might be right, especially if the niners take care of buisiness against Cleveland.

Best case scenario has our divisional foes beating each other up with lots of splits ;)