Didn’t much outplay the Vikings tonight

Elemas

Reaction score
Happy for the win. D looked good but, with that performance...it'll be a quick exit from the playoffs.
Minn is struggling offensively. They definitely shouldn't be the barometer as to how our D is playing.

A win is a win...just feel like there won't be that much room for error in this years postseason.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Scorpion05":3a4j42oc said:
Lol. We moved the ball at will. Moore didn’t drag his feet. Simmons got into a bone headed scuffle. Kirk Cousins never made me nervous, ever

FIFY

SeaWolv

Reaction score
semiahmoo":2vwdldiu said:
Schotty ball wears the opponent down.

It's a beautiful thing akin to the glorious Beastmode years.

LOVE IT.

Funny you should mention Beastmode years...I was re-watching the 2013 NFCCG and this MNF game had a similar feel to it. Two good defensive teams slugging it out with the game not really breaking lose until late in the second half. Nice win tonight against the 8th ranked defense per DVOA.

Seymour

Reaction score
Someone needs to re watch the game. We outplayed them on both sides of the ball nearly the entire game. Key mistakes by Wilson and Simons took 2 scores off the board.
Defense was OUTSTANDING!! They even employed their "bandit package" throughout several 3rd downs (7 DB's) and gave Cousin's nowhere to go. That lead to a Clark and a Martin sack.
Yes. frustrating at times with the points, but looking beyond we definitely outplayed the Viikings.

TreeRon

Reaction score
Mad Dog":9v3d478y said:
The Vikings pass D was marvelous. From my all-22 like seats in the stands, I don’t think I ever saw a WR open . Well except George Fant.

Schotty still needs work on some of his passing game plans. There have been other games like this where no one is open at all for most of the game.

Do we need a passing game coordinator? Maybe not NEED but could we use one?

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
TreeRon":1ths9ymj said:
Mad Dog":1ths9ymj said:
The Vikings pass D was marvelous. From my all-22 like seats in the stands, I don’t think I ever saw a WR open . Well except George Fant.

Schotty still needs work on some of his passing game plans. There have been other games like this where no one is open at all for most of the game.

Do we need a passing game coordinator? Maybe not NEED but could we use one?

Nope. Russ has had great passing games too. If it’s winning, keep winning. Don’t divide the job, let Schotty evolve.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Seymour":2v9qg5tp said:
Someone needs to re watch the game. We outplayed them on both sides of the ball nearly the entire game. Key mistakes by Wilson and Simons took 2 scores off the board.
Defense was OUTSTANDING!! They even employed their "bandit package" throughout several 3rd downs (7 DB's) and gave Cousin's nowhere to go. That lead to a Clark and a Martin sack.
Yes. frustrating at times with the points, but looking beyond we definitely outplayed the Viikings.

My friend, I accept your apology.

Leee-roy

Reaction score
when was the last time the hawks did a QB sneak? I don't remember RW doing one ever.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":1t0ft7zr said:

Our run game was better than the Vikings, but their D played very well.

We really missed Baldwin, cause the Vikings just double teamed Tyler the entire game and no one else could get open.

But yes, this was our D's best game of the year IMO...........especially tackling, finally they put together a great tackling game, which has been their Achilles Heel all year, some bad tackling and missed assignments.

Threedee

Reaction score
Last night reminded me of the two games we played against the Niners in 2014, when we came off the bye and played SF-Philly-SF.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
I completely disagree with OP. We dominated that game from start to finish, we just couldn't put points on the board for a number of reasons. Phantom personal foul on Ifedi, Moore not dragging his second foot, the worst decision I've ever seen RW make... I'm probably missing something.

toffee

Reaction score
mort":2m1z1b4h said:
I think we mostly outlasted them. And that bodes well for how we want to be playing in December.
Just my $0.02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fire Pete!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris98251

Reaction score
We needed a ugly win, ugly wins means you played all game and bounces were not going your way all the time and you had to overcome challenges of different types.

This builds character and mentality of we can find a way in any situation. Good place to get this in December against a favored opponent.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Both teams left a lot on the table, but the Hawks clearly left a lot more points on the board. Especially in the 1st half. Score is exactly as it should have been imo. Vikes did very little in that game. However, their D was impressive, especially their corners and safeties, damn.