Did we really think this was gonna last forever?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Jerhawk":h8puq0kc said:
Preferably, I'd like to see the team part ways with Cable and Bevell just for the sake of shaking things up offensively. If Wilson has proven he can pick up new playbooks quickly (transferring to Wisconsin, being named team captain before he played a snap) so there's no real reason to doubt he can do it at this level. It's astonishing how the offense looks unstoppable in 2 minute drills, and so inept the rest the game

At this point in time I'm inclined to agree with this, though I want to see Cable have a chance to work with actual OL and not undrafted projects making the minimum salary.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
joeseahawks":3tx0ts2l said:
Let's be honest, our draft picks have been very average. I wish we could draft better...

Seriously. If we have to have a reason, look at the draft. Since 2013, I think it would be a stretch to even call our drafts average.

Beyond coaching/scheme/play calling/injuries/drama/whatever, to stay competitive in today's NFL you have to constantly replace depth and starters with quality draft picks. We hit gold, then squandered many picks since then, especially OL.

That said, we made the playoffs and can still beat any team on any given Sunday. Will we? Guess we'll see.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
nash72":2k6rakxu said:
Sadly, its probably time to rebuild. I say that because this is the first time i've seen players actually unhappy and seemingly not wanting to be here. Face it, theres drama practically every game. If Jimmy Graham doesnt demand a trade, i'll be 100% surprised. I just dont think the players are buying into Pete's philosophy anymore. One of the shortest windows ever and leaves us wondering what could have been if we had a competent OC throughout. At least we got one trophy out of the deal.
Oh and I thank the football gods for SB48 !

zchurch74

Reaction score
Last forever no! But what is wrong with expecting more then 4 years. If the patriots can do why not us. We have the talent on this team. Injuries have hurt this year but there is blame all over. The o-line, injuries, defense, and coaching all have to do with our struggles. We have been lucky to be where we are this year. But as fans we should expect to contend every single year. The best thing about John and Pete is they have brought us the expectation to win the super bowl every year and there is nothing wrong with that. As a fan I expect us to compete year after year.

mrt144

Reaction score
I thought we had till 2018/19 before this kinda thing started happening.

mrt144

Reaction score
zchurch74":27cxlwii said:
Last forever no! But what is wrong with expecting more then 4 years. If the patriots can do why not us. We have the talent on this team. Injuries have hurt this year but there is blame all over. The o-line, injuries, defense, and coaching all have to do with our struggles. We have been lucky to be where we are this year. But as fans we should expect to contend every single year. The best thing about John and Pete is they have brought us the expectation to win the super bowl every year and there is nothing wrong with that. As a fan I expect us to compete year after year.

BB is more adaptive to resources than anyone else, greatly benefitting from Tom Brady being the anchor of the team.

Latest posts