DeMarco Murray visiting

pcbball12

Reaction score
chris98251":1qkxmcxh said:
pcbball12":1qkxmcxh said:
chris98251":1qkxmcxh said:
pcbball12":1qkxmcxh said:
I don’t understand why people get all up in arms for a guy visiting. Even if he is signed, at this point it doesn’t mean anything in the direction of the team. The goal right now is to get the best 90 guys into camp that you can. Signing a guy does not mean they won’t address that position in the draft. A lot of times with this front office it actually means the opposite. They are huge fans of hedging their draft needs with vets in free agency prior to the draft.

If he comes on the cheap, with a mostly non guaranteed co tract, I’d be all for bringing him into camp. Still draft a guy, but why not let him come into camp and let him compete. I think a big thing with the change that is taking place is getting back to the always compete theory. Bring in a bunch of talent in your 90 man camp and let them truly compete for their jobs.

Because we signed Eddy Lacy and Cary Williams when they visited.
Ok, Cary was a terrible player his entire career and Eddie was overweight and injury prone. Demarco has been very good everywhere by Philly. He’s a good player. People are assuming we are in full rebuild mode because we released/traded Sherm and Bennett so we couldn’t possibly sign a player that isn’t young. They are still going to bring in the most talent they can into camp within their financial model. If they could get Demarco in camp for a cheap deal without a lot of guarantees, that is not a bad thing. If there are a lot of guarantees then I agree, forget about it.

You asked why..................

Also check again at the amount of players that are possibly gone, you have to throw in Avril and Kam and Graham and then all the tendered players that we are dangling for draft picks being tendered.
So Avril and Kam, who have career threatening injuries...who missed a good chunk of last year anyways and have a big cap number. Losing them along with Sherm and Bennett means full rebuild? Graham, a guy that will probably get $10 mil a year and just really doesn’t fit the style we want on offense. Losing him means full rebuild? Going a different direction with players and not paying a cap to a player that isn’t worth it anymore or not reliable due to injury does not mean we are rebuilding. Just moving on from those said players because it doesn’t fiscally make sense anymore with the production, reliability, scheme fit we are getting from them. A different direction doesn’t mean rebuild.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Remember that Adrian Peterson and Jamal Charles visited last year too. Just checking Murray out and kicking the tires.

Greenhell

Reaction score
nanomoz":1rgzz29t said:
I'm having Julius Jones flashbacks.

If they don't take advantage of this RB draft class, I'm going to crap out at least 3 vital organs.

Know that I loved you.

[emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1]

toffee

Reaction score
It seems like Murray may be available on the cheap, if he will go for vet minimum plus lots of incentives to make contract presentable, we should sign him. Let him come to camp and compete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hawknation2018

Reaction score
[youtube]i8hVIIZ0rkk[/youtube]

Another guy who has definitely lost a step. Not sure he would be a good fit for our OL, even at the vet minimum.

HawkFreak

Reaction score
Haha. If nothing else - he was a step ahead of the Hawks entire D as he ran
through it and made them look just silly.

James in PA

Reaction score
2014 called. It wants it’s star player back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seafan

Reaction score
He would have done nothing last year behind the Hawk line. Just ask Lacy, Rawls, Collins, et al.

Rat

Reaction score
Not my first choice, but I'm OK with it as long as it doesn't change the RB plan any. Just another name to the mix; great if it works out, easy to cut if it doesn't.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Not going to happen after Davis signing. Shouldn't have been considered anyway. Murray is a long strider who needs to be provided a crease by the OL. He's at his best in the open field.

original poster

Reaction score
Here's the RB's still available (although it appears Danny Woodhead has actually retired)

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Hawk_Talk_/status/982188360469901313[/tweet]

Latest posts