Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
bostonhardo":luwy6ma3 said:
Uncle Si":luwy6ma3 said:
Rex":luwy6ma3 said:
bostonhardo":luwy6ma3 said:
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB8QqQIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fboston.cbslocal.com%2F2015%2F02%2F05%2Fhurley-failed-deflategate-accusations-means-its-time-for-irsay-pagano-to-be-banned-from-nfl%2F&ei=iMvUVOCYBoTnsASQrIKgBw&usg=AFQjCNE6wym0ed8gPCgHV4eCk25s3HJY4Q&sig2=kFrn5tnHox4IYglAKn3XMA

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... 4276,d.cWc

Let's see if there is an appropriate uproar against the Dolts. By the way they are the same team that piped noise into their stadium back in Manning heyday.

So says a fan of the Cheatriots that:

a. Overwaters the turf the night before a visitors high powered passing attack plays.
b. Disables vistors communications at most inopportune times in a game.
c. By design deflates team balls to drastically reduce their fumbling rate compared to the rest of the league.
d. Illegally tapes opponents plays and signals stealing 4 Super Bowls in the process.

Step away, Rex. Step away.

He is a bitter bitter man. I imagine since the 01 SB he has lost his job, is homeless and is posting from the public library.

BTW Uncle I don't mean to invade your site but it's interesting reading how fans view their team. By that I mean coaching changes, player signings, drafting etc. One gets a total different perception than following from afar.

Rex is a good fan. We are dealing with this crap in a different way.

I don't visit other team's sites. However, I imagine they are quite illuminating. I imagine in the grand scheme only one fan base a year is ever "happy.

bostonhardo

Reaction score
I don't visit other team's sites. However, I imagine they are quite illuminating. I imagine in the grand scheme only one fan base a year is ever "happy.[/quote]

What's interesting is that I see Seattle where the Pats were in 2005. Very successful, good coach, winning young qb and bright future. There is a whole new set of problems that will come up now. Mostly cenetered around keeping a strong roster with the injuries and cap constraints. I don't think Schneider and PC have had to make the tough decisions yet. remember the Pats have cut or traded Richard Seymour, Ty Law, Adam V, Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Deon Branch, mike Vrabel and this year Logan Mankins. All key cogs.

I think Wilson is a must but I am not sure about lynch. He is a HOF player but I think it's a tough call when someone else will overpay. His age, position and style all come into play.

I'm "happy" almost evry year. I spent my youth cheering for a team that was the laughingstock of the league. Damn you had a great year.

randomation

Reaction score
bostonhardo":15yyhu4x said:
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB8QqQIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fboston.cbslocal.com%2F2015%2F02%2F05%2Fhurley-failed-deflategate-accusations-means-its-time-for-irsay-pagano-to-be-banned-from-nfl%2F&ei=iMvUVOCYBoTnsASQrIKgBw&usg=AFQjCNE6wym0ed8gPCgHV4eCk25s3HJY4Q&sig2=kFrn5tnHox4IYglAKn3XMA

Let's see if there is an appropriate uproar against the Dolts. By the way they are the same team that piped noise into their stadium back in Manning heyday.

Oh hey linking articles from CBS Boston I'm sure that won't be biased at all /s

http://www.theonion.com/articles/new-en ... his,37937/ This is what pretty much everything in the country thinks when they think of boston fans. It was great to cheer for the sox to finally break the curse; but since then Boston fans have become the most arrogant fans in America. That includes Dallas and San Fran fans and for that matter Pitt.

bostonhardo

Reaction score
randomation":38oex9yg said:
bostonhardo":38oex9yg said:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/new-en ... his,37937/ This is what pretty much everything in the country thinks when they think of boston fans. It was great to cheer for the sox to finally break the curse; but since then Boston fans have become the most arrogant fans in America. That includes Dallas and San Fran fans and for that matter Pitt.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/panick ... eas,35147/
The Onion is a great satirical read.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
randomation":3hyz9br4 said:
bostonhardo":3hyz9br4 said:

Dude. The Onion?

bostonhardo

Reaction score
Uncle Si":27yyp55r said:
randomation":27yyp55r said:
bostonhardo":27yyp55r said:

Dude. The Onion?

mildly amusing occasionally? The guy thought it was real.

NWPatsFan

Reaction score
They should do a poll to see if folks think the Patriots are Super Bowl Champions.
Oh wait, they don't have to, the Patriots earned that title on the field. Who cares about a stupid poll. Pats are Super Bowl Champions and that is all that matters. Pats Nation is smiling and basking in the glory!!!!

tacomahawk

Reaction score
NWPatsFan":zk3pfvjm said:
They should do a poll to see if folks think the Patriots are Super Bowl Champions.
Oh wait, they don't have to, the Patriots earned that title on the field. Who cares about a stupid poll. Pats are Super Bowl Champions and that is all that matters. Pats Nation is smiling and basking in the glory!!!!

Cool story bro, your two posts are legendary.

retro74

Reaction score
They are known as cheats all over the world but it's irrelevant. Pats fans don't care and will never accept that their success comes with a large element of doubt. In six Super Bowls they have proved they win when cheating and lose when playing fair

At least Seattle are the world champions of those that didn't cheat

worstsbcalleva

Reaction score
Simply put the way they handle the balls is all that will come out of this. They charted no measurements and any 9th grade science teacher will tell you that pressure and temp are related. They will find no wrong doing.

worstsbcalleva

Reaction score
Of course aderol is always ok and that is not cheating. Stickem on jerry rices hands when not allowed...not cheating...steroids ...not cheating....the team that rules the leaugue for 15 years 9 afc championships...they cheated their way there i suppose...1 word of course...jealousy.

breakin

Reaction score
The damage is already done with deflate-gate. All the early leaks left the Patriots looking bad, since then most if not all of those leaks have been disputed and the latest reports/leaks have the Patriots looking 100% innocent.

Of course Pats fans want to believe these latest reports while other fans want to believe the older reports. Saying that, if it does come out that the latest reports are true that only 1 balls was 2psi down and that was the ball on the colts sideline, while the rest of the balls were a couple of ticks under the minimum then I think this whole thing is a joke.

furi0usbee

Reaction score
retro74":3m3fmosl said:
They are known as cheats all over the world but it's irrelevant. Pats fans don't care and will never accept that their success comes with a large element of doubt. In six Super Bowls they have proved they win when cheating and lose when playing fair

At least Seattle are the world champions of those that didn't cheat

So we cheated in *this* Super Bowl you are saying? And just what if we *were* cheating when we played New York and still got beat? Does that change your viewpoint? You know what rhymes with cheat? Leet. And that's what the Patriots are all over again.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
worstsbcalleva":3mg5po34 said:
Of course aderol is always ok and that is not cheating. Stickem on jerry rices hands when not allowed...not cheating...steroids ...not cheating....the team that rules the leaugue for 15 years 9 afc championships...they cheated their way there i suppose...1 word of course...jealousy.

Of course aderol and stickem are cheating. It doesn't make it right just because your team might be the one under scrutiny. All you can do as a team, coaching staff and FO is address the problem and do your best to get rid of it.

The patriots are again under scrutiny because they choose to knowingly cheat and don't stop until they are forced to. The league had to enact rules for the super bowl to stop their eligible lineman crap and the deflated balls is again another case of the Patriots ignoring the rules that other teams play by.

Seattle had a rash of PED violations a few years ago when Pete was building the team. It was an environment rich in competition and the best possible place for an unknown or unheralded player to make a squad he normally wouldn't even have a legitimate shot at. Some of those players took matters into their own hands and cheated to try and gain an advantage for the purpose of making the team. Seattle dealt with it by removing the element. Every single player that has a PED violation and has been up for FA has been let leave with zero attempt to resign. Not flashy, it was a quiet way of sending the message without national headlines. One of those players that we let walk (Brandon Browner) is wearing a super bowl ring from this year because even though he was very talented and would be dirt cheap to sign, the Seahawks organization isn't willing to win that way. Obviously the Patriots don't have the same standard.

All that said there is still a big difference in deflating footballs, taping opponents sideline signals, tampering with radio signals (something your team was under investigation for when spygate broke) in an attempt to steal opponents play calls and doing all these things until they are forced to stop and putting illegal stickem on your gloves or a player on your team taking a substance to try and gain his own advantage.

It's still all cheating but their is a big difference between an individual doing something on his own for his own gain and a team steeped in a rich history of cheating.

But don't kid yourself if the fumble information since 2007 doesn't become common knowledge it is only because the NFL is afraid of the damage that information would do but you and all of us who know about it are not fooled and nothing will change that.

Congrats on the super bowl victory. You guys deserved the win but that doesn't change the fact your organization is only who it is because of cheating.

Oh and don't bore us with the 15 years of dominance. Your division has awarded you 6 victories a year. Take away Spygate, the tuck rule, deflated footballs and many other factors and your organization has done nothing impressive. In fact with all the #1 and #2 seeds you have had with that 6 game head start it really is amazing you haven't accomplished much more.

chris98251

Reaction score
RichNhansom":22kavnc9 said:
worstsbcalleva":22kavnc9 said:

Of course aderol and stickem are cheating. It doesn't make it right just because your team might be the one under scrutiny. All you can do as a team, coaching staff and FO is address the problem and do your best to get rid of it.

The patriots are again under scrutiny because they choose to knowingly cheat and don't stop until they are forced to. The league had to enact rules for the super bowl to stop their eligible lineman crap and the deflated balls is again another case of the Patriots ignoring the rules that other teams play by.

Seattle had a rash of PED violations a few years ago when Pete was building the team. It was an environment rich in competition and the best possible place for an unknown or unheralded player to make a squad he normally wouldn't even have a legitimate shot at. Some of those players took matters into their own hands and cheated to try and gain an advantage for the purpose of making the team. Seattle dealt with it by removing the element. Every single player that has a PED violation and has been up for FA has been let leave with zero attempt to resign. Not flashy, it was a quiet way of sending the message without national headlines. One of those players that we let walk (Brandon Browner) is wearing a super bowl ring from this year because even though he was very talented and would be dirt cheap to sign, the Seahawks organization isn't willing to win that way. Obviously the Patriots don't have the same standard.

All that said there is still a big difference in deflating footballs, taping opponents sideline signals, tampering with radio signals (something your team was under investigation for when spygate broke) in an attempt to steal opponents play calls and doing all these things until they are forced to stop and putting illegal stickem on your gloves or a player on your team taking a substance to try and gain his own advantage.

It's still all cheating but their is a big difference between an individual doing something on his own for his own gain and a team steeped in a rich history of cheating.

But don't kid yourself if the fumble information since 2007 doesn't become common knowledge it is only because the NFL is afraid of the damage that information would do but you and all of us who know about it are not fooled and nothing will change that.

Congrats on the super bowl victory. You guys deserved the win but that doesn't change the fact your organization is only who it is because of cheating.

Oh and don't bore us with the 15 years of dominance. Your division has awarded you 6 victories a year. Take away Spygate, the tuck rule, deflated footballs and many other factors and your organization has done nothing impressive. In fact with all the #1 and #2 seeds you have had with that 6 game head start it really is amazing you haven't accomplished much more.

Nice post Rich, that should take some Air out of their sails, yes I went there lol.

vonstout

Reaction score
Agree completely that the AFC has sucked for the last 15 years other than a couple seasons when Revis was with the Jets.
Seahawks schedule next year has .559 winning %. NE .447. The Pats regular season records aren't so impressive when you look at their competition.

furi0usbee

Reaction score
RichNhansom":3urxchcr said:

Either you've been walking around with a "12" flag covering your eyes for the last 15 years or you are succumbing to the hate. You might as well take away the AFC East, Tom Brady, the the organization altogether. That's a whole lotta takeaways you are talking about.

While you are trying to take everything away from us, you tell us about all the #1 and #2 seeds we get. So we are awarded these at the start of the season, or we have to earn them? You mean the deflated footballs that the Colts say we deflated? You mean the NFL rule that was on the books which the refs called, with no insistence from Brady I might add. You forgot to take away 16-0, 21 games in a row, and I'm sure a bunch of other stats that are compromised because the Colts say we deflated footballs. Don't forget the fumble stats too!

I'll give you SpyGate. Unlike other teams, the Patriots were stupid enough to continue recording signals. They were fined for that and they got hit hard. And the next year? They went 16-0. Maybe they were still secretly recording? What else you want to take away from us?

I am on notice that you will want to take our 5th Lombardi trophy away next year.

Remember, don't mistake genius for cheating, spygate not withstanding. I've been a Patriots fan long enough to know people hated them before spygate and will hate them after spygate. Winning all the time does work on people's emotions. For some people, no amount of rings on Brady's fingers will allow them to say he's the greatest. But that's OK, because the more rings he gets, the more foolish people look when they speak against him. I can't stand Manning, but I respect his career, his work. Some people aren't big enough to admit when they got beat.

Don't be that guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.