Deflategate basically over after today's press conf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkfish

Reaction score
furi0usbee":9u1e9dez said:
Hasselbeck":9u1e9dez said:
furi0usbee":9u1e9dez said:
Wow, what a difference a few days make. Well, the NFL has a mountain to overcome now. Unless they have some solid evidence, and unless the refs did their jobs inspecting those footballs, and we have some PSI measurements on paper, this one is over. File it. Not even a fine will be levied. Finally, I can start talking Seattle/Patriots football. There is still a chance the NFL has some secret evidence, but I think basically this is done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJ_I-qypKpY

Oh neat, another Pats fan that thinks this is somehow over.

:lol:

I don't think it's over, I'm telling you it's over. The NFL isn't looking dumb and sitting on this case for nothing... they have nothing, and now have to figure out how to issue a press release where not even a fine is handed down. I'd rather now talk about how Sherman's injury is going to hurt Seattle and how Brady and Co. can take advantage of that.

Please. Blood is in the water. Watch media day when the your coach and QB have to answer over and over again if they are cheaters. Reporters were asking about the taping of signals today, and you thought that was over.

All of this with Seattle able to practice without distractions. There biggest distraction this week? Will Marshawn grab his crotch in the big game?

I smell fear all the way from your mom's basement where you guys are spending time on an opponent's forum.

Largent80

Reaction score
When they get their asses kicked in the game will they do experiments to try and figure out what happened?

Alexander

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":37pozzx5 said:
Pats called a pc today. Belichick detailed a series of experiments the team performed the past couple of days. The main news was that the prepping/rubbing of the footballs, which occurs just prior to turning them over the ref for measurement, causes the psi to go up by 1 full psi. So if they do that and turn it over the ref at 12.5 psi, after a while of sitting, the balls will lose that 1 psi down to 11.5. The diff in temps from indoors to outdoors accounts for additional .5 psi change. So the psi went down in their experiments by a total of 1.5 psi. They were able to duplicate this for multiple footballs.

Very convincing, and I'm sure they documented the crap out of everything they did. It's over, the league will have to back off, though I won't hold my breath for the apology they owe.

Where's the last 0.5 psi?

Even if this were true, it's arguably just a more devious way to skirt the rule. "Prep" the ball in a way that temporarily raises the pressure just enough for just long enough to pass inspection, then let them deflate by game time. Not that I believe the explanation (what the hell kind of prep would raise the pressure that much? heat it much?), but even if I did it doesn't really help your case.

What I do believe is this: Belichick had absolutely nothing to do with it, and he's decided that, whether or not someone in the organization did something wrong, he's not going to be taken down for something he didn't do. Hence the vigorous defense of his team, with all these "experiments" and alternate explanations, which any sufficiently motivated person could probably concoct.

Given how much of a distraction this thing had become for him and his team one week from the Super Bowl, it was probably the right move on his part. The league is going to do whatever it's going to do, but not until AFTER the Super Bowl. In the meantime, this press conference gives him, the team, and the fans the assurances they need to shut out all the noise and focus on the upcoming game. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if this had more to do with getting himself and his team focused and motivated than it did with convincing the league there was no wrongdoing.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":1nd7abzw said:
Pats called a pc today. Belichick detailed a series of experiments the team performed the past couple of days. The main news was that the prepping/rubbing of the footballs, which occurs just prior to turning them over the ref for measurement, causes the psi to go up by 1 full psi. So if they do that and turn it over the ref at 12.5 psi, after a while of sitting, the balls will lose that 1 psi down to 11.5. The diff in temps from indoors to outdoors accounts for additional .5 psi change. So the psi went down in their experiments by a total of 1.5 psi. They were able to duplicate this for multiple footballs.

Very convincing, and I'm sure they documented the crap out of everything they did. It's over, the league will have to back off, though I won't hold my breath for the apology they owe.
It's over??? LMAO! That's some severe wishful thinking on your part. It's just beginning! :)

furi0usbee

Reaction score
I'm sure the Patriots didn't need any motivation, but I'm sure they'll put a little more sugar on their hits come next Sunday. I know one thing, I haven't seen this much hate for two teams by the general public/country in a long time. Whatever you want to call this game, it's gonna be entertaining that's for sure. I really like the matchups, and hopefully Seattle injuries can make the day a bit easier.

DohBoy

Reaction score
furi0usbee":gef21xx7 said:
DohBoy":gef21xx7 said:
And yet, we still have this:

Qc1GyfB

We call that "game" son ;)

I'm not your son. This is your son:

FGuy Chris Gen2012 R3Flat

randomation":gef21xx7 said:
Pretty amazing the turnaround from last year to this year I must say almost as though something was making it easier for the running backs to hold onto the balls easier to grip perhaps.

That's not one year, that's four years of data that these Pats' rubes want you to believe is purely due to "game." This is the data that should be driving the conversation...not Bill's scienmatically ridiculous "explanations" cooked up in Brady Ball Lab and held as truth by New England meth heads.

KillerB

Reaction score
The delusion of the Patriots fans here is...astounding. You might consider reading "The Emperor's New Clothes" by Hans Christian Andersen. It will be to your liking, something you can readily relate to.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Rocket":1psl8wve said:
50yrpatsfan":1psl8wve said:
Very convincing

Wow... I watched it... I saw it differently.

I feel so sad that I am unable to use the R word and/or the F & I words to describe this post(er) who seems to have failed math, logic and statistics in grade school.

H O M E R
J.
P A T S F A N
L I V E S !!!
Word bother Rocket, WORD! :th2thumbs:
These Patsies fans are delusional as hell.
Ya know what they say, the cover up is usually worse than the crime, ask Nixon and Clinton about that.

Alexander

Reaction score
furi0usbee":2xqpp25s said:
I'm sure the Patriots didn't need any motivation, but I'm sure they'll put a little more sugar on their hits come next Sunday. I know one thing, I haven't seen this much hate for two teams by the general public/country in a long time. Whatever you want to call this game, it's gonna be entertaining that's for sure. I really like the matchups, and hopefully Seattle injuries can make the day a bit easier.

I'm not going to pretend that no Seahawks fans would ever secretly hope for some Pats injuries to make the game easier, but it's pretty classless to come to our message board and outright admit it.

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
Yes, it's always so reliable when a team investigates itself for cheating. "No really - we inflated the balls in a sauna and then put them in a freezer after the refs inspected them! It was just shrinkage!"

Chawks1

Reaction score
furi0usbee":271psdaq said:

Did you really say "a little more sugar in their hits" ? I guess they really are cupcakes.

Hawkfish

Reaction score
Alexander":39g00qgk said:
furi0usbee":39g00qgk said:

I'm not going to pretend that no Seahawks fans would ever secretly hope for some Pats injuries to make the game easier, but it's pretty classless to come to our message board and outright admit it.

I agree, needs to be banned.

furi0usbee

Reaction score
Alexander":1zkhvn75 said:
furi0usbee":1zkhvn75 said:

Did you do that on purpose? I'm clearly speaking of Sherman and Thomas, who already have injuries. I know you probably hate Patriots fans right now, but I would never wish injuries on any player. So I'll accept your apology in your zeal to swat another Pats fan, as I'm sure some of us have deserved it lately.

nepahawk

Reaction score
Why would they be prepping the balls right before handing them over?
You would assume, they would be ready to go, having been prepped prior to Brady's specs.
I'm sure Brady would want to be sure they were perfect sooner rather than just prior to handing over.
Why take things down to the wire?

furi0usbee

Reaction score
Hawkfish":tiq0qdv2 said:
Alexander":tiq0qdv2 said:
furi0usbee":tiq0qdv2 said:

I agree, needs to be banned.

Wow... see my other reply. Sherman and Thomas are *already* injured. This is what I'm speaking to... I've never actually met a person who would wish injuries on another player, although I'm sure they are out there.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
furi0usbee":3eldxdnr said:
Alexander":3eldxdnr said:
furi0usbee":3eldxdnr said:

Did you do that on purpose? I'm clearly speaking of Sherman and Thomas, who already have injuries. I know you probably hate Patriots fans right now, but I would never wish injuries on any player. So I'll accept your apology in your zeal to swat another Pats fan, as I'm sure some of us have deserved it lately.

Sherman and Thomas will be fine. Get scared now.

RobBaker7714409

Reaction score
furi0usbee":2aupgbwv said:
Wow, what a difference a few days make. Well, the NFL has a mountain to overcome now. Unless they have some solid evidence, and unless the refs did their jobs inspecting those footballs, and we have some PSI measurements on paper, this one is over. File it. Not even a fine will be levied. Finally, I can start talking Seattle/Patriots football. There is still a chance the NFL has some secret evidence, but I think basically this is done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJ_I-qypKpY

So I watched this video, and here's basically what Bill said. "We do a bunch of stuff to the ball before the game to get it the way our QB likes it. Apparently that 'stuff' makes it so that the ball gains 1psi for a temporary amount of time. By the time the game comes around, that effect of our actions wears off, and the ball is back to where it normally would have been if we wouldn't have messed with it".

I'm no expert, but if I set my cruise control at 65mph on a flat stretch of highway, and then a cop gets my on his radar going 80mph because I'm going down a hill, I'm still getting a ticket. I can't blame Mother Nature for the hill. I can't blame the auto manufacturer for failing to install a cruise control that doesn't account for hills. I am responsible because I am the driver.

Belichick just admitted to doctoring the balls one way or another. He's responsible for breaking the rules, it doesn't matter how the balls got that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.