DeeJay Dallas to Cards

Hotchy

Reaction score
It is possible that Dallas carves out a role and shows something more than what he has shown so far which is fairly average.

But a combination of Connor, Dallas and Carter is a nice rotation where all three can stay healthy by splitting the load.
Lol, not one of those guys is bringing the safety up

Rat

Reaction score
I did admire his durability. Nothing special aside from that. He's kind of like Robert Turbin in that he makes almost nothing happen on his own, but not as disappointing because Turbin at least looked like he should.

seabowl

Reaction score
There goes our best chance of having a kick returner take one to the house.

Sarcasm on

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
No loss, running backs are easily replaceable for cheap except in very rare cases. But in DJ's case he's a JAG that some UFDA will give the same or better production.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
Solid but unspectacular at anything.
Which is not a bad thing, but for some reason, people seem to think it is?

Like, he was actually one of the better punt returner/kick returners in the league (of 32 players with most punt returns, he was top 10, just outside of top 10 for kick returners) and was reliable in the few situations we actually put him into run the ball.

Dallas was a guy came to work and did his job well and consistently. I'm struggling to understand why so many people seem to dislike that about him...

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score

Like, he was actually one of the better punt returner/kick returners in the league (of 32 players with most punt returns, he was top 10, just outside of top 10 for kick returners) and was reliable in the few situations we actually put him into run the ball.

Dallas was a guy came to work and did his job well and consistently. I'm struggling to understand why so many people seem to dislike that about him...
No hate it's just a position and role that can be filled just fine by going cheap. Your money should be spent on a quarterback you think is the franchise, the DL and OL and ONE maybe two top tier targets for that quarterback and fill in as appropriate. And coach up what you have on your roster already.

12forlife

Reaction score
I'm more then ok with this. Your 3rd & 4th back should be fluid, young late round picks or udfa types on the cheap. Really hoping McIntosh has something to offer. Maybe even take a late round flier on Frank Gore Jr?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I'm more then ok with this. Your 3rd & 4th back should be fluid, young late round picks or udfa types on the cheap. Really hoping McIntosh has something to offer. Maybe even take a late round flier on Frank Gore Jr?
I'm assuming Frank Gore is his father? If so why not because Frank Gore was stellar.

Chuckwow

Reaction score
I was looking at stats recently and was surprised to see that in 59 career games for the Seahawks (three seasons plus one game), he did not score a single rushing touchdown.
Most will remember him for his 100 megaton biceps. I'll remember him for the soul-crushing block he put on Malik "the mouth" Jackson in the super bowl. After, I don't believe the 300 lb Jackson returned to the game. So many great things were happening for us in that game that the Turbo block went practically unnoticed. I'll never forget it (and it's well worth searching for).

Staying true to the thread topic, I won't miss DJ Dallas.

Chuckwow

Reaction score

Solid evidence that today's NFL return game isn't what it used to be. DJ was / is the epitome of the word pedestrian (imo). But I do wish him well going forward.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well the league is supposed to re-tool the return game to bring it back, whether it's a version of the XFL's rules or something they pull out of their ass, after all can't copy a B leagues success and claim it, the NFL knows all.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Well we know what Eskridges roll is going to be now and I think a return man is his best spot and chance in the league.