Dear Imminent Visiting Saints Fans to .NET...

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Let's get a few things straight off the bat so we understand each other.

---> Yes, your Saints are a very good team that we all respect. Drew Brees is the heart of your team not unlike Russell Wilson is the heart of ours. Go for the heart and you slay the giant.

---> We have no real beef with your team like we do with our division rivals, obviously the 49ers being the main nemesis we despise most. Try as some of you might (especially the trolls that won't last long anyways), it will be difficult to get us too riled up in a pissing match. However if that's your game and you're a glutton for punishment, enjoy our Smack Shack this week.

---> Historically, we have had a majority of Saints fans being cool. .NET is the BEST football fan forum on the interwebs when it comes to respecting our guests who respect our home. Intelligent debate is met in kind. I don't think there will be any issue this week as the vast majority of Saints fans are as cool as Seahawks fans in general. Both have similar histories of many years of failure with recent decades being kinder. Even though the Saints have a ring that we covet, there's still a sense of kindred spirit action here.

---> Some of us expect to blow you guys out again as we did the first meeting in early December. However, the vast majority do not expect that same outcome. Most of us will expect a dogfight, and not unlike yesterday's wildcard games, it may come down to a field goal. Adjustments will be made by the Saints and they now have valuable tape to reference which they didn't have before. This will help them no doubt, but clearly that alone won't guarantee anything.

---> Your defense is not too shabby. Unfortunately our defense is the best in the NFL. You can do the math without me needing to be rude. :)

---> To end, let's enjoy the discourse this week. Keep it civil, intelligent and you will receive the same in return. In the end, we both wish for the same thing. We want our teams to advance to the NFC Championship game with no injuries. May the best team win. Sorry it happens to be us this year. ;)

7ad7453aadaad328440f6a7067009746

Hawknballs

Reaction score
To Saints fans:

I'm glad you're not 49ers, Cowboys, or Packers fans.

That is all

To you a good night.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Hawknballs":35jflot8 said:
To Saints fans:

That is all

To you a good night.

Awesome, I like it when you're drunk... but to add you forgot the Redskins and Steelers fans they're as horrible as any.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
....and let's not make up stories about our fictional wife getting beat up by fictional thugs at c-link because you are butthurt because your team got demolished. Mmmmmkay? (Aimed at an alaskasaintsfan, police report or it didn't happen).

I do think the game will be closer early but the result will be much like the last matchup, IMHO.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":31mgqjbq said:
Hawknballs":31mgqjbq said:
To Saints fans:

That is all

To you a good night.

Awesome, I like it when you're drunk... but to add you forgot the Redskins and Steelers fans they're as horrible as any.
Hehe... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

HawkWow

Reaction score
I am of the "predicting blow-out" camp. I have no love, no hate for the Saints. We are better this time around. They are tired, hurt and about to experience Deja vu (all over again). I respect Saints fans and wish them good luck, good health and will not gloat on the 12th, unless provoked.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2p5ug0i0 said:
....and let's not make up stories about our fictional wife getting beat up by fictional thugs at c-link because you are butthurt because your team got demolished. Mmmmmkay? (Aimed at an alaskasaintsfan, police report or it didn't happen).

I do think the game will be closer early but the result will be much like the last matchup, IMHO.

The way I see it... let's say the Saints do play better and close the gap by a modest 3 TDs:

21 divided by 2 = 10.5

34 - 10.5 =23.5

7 + 10.5 = 17.5

23.5 -17.5 Seahawks (+6) over Saints

Can New Orleans close the gap by the needed 4 TDs to make it a game, 21-20, in their favor?

Not impossible just improbable.

With that said I think the Saints close the gap by only 2 TDs...

So, basically a 27-14 Seahawks win is my prediction.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":21mits6m said:
So, basically a 27-14 Seahawks win is my prediction.

I think that is as accurate as any of us could hope to be.

WeakBeak

Reaction score
I see us blowing them out like last time. Nothing has changed about there team thst has made me think they can contend with us at home. They will be banged u p this time and less days to prep like last meeting.

Chapman

Reaction score
Great post Aros.
This should be a exciting game for both teams.
Go Hawks!

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Almost all Saints optimism will be based on the fact that they couldn't play worse than last time.

Sac

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1pecffzk said:
Almost all Saints optimism will be based on the fact that they couldn't play worse than last time.

True story. Only they didn't play badly last game, our D simply took their lunch money. By force.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":174g5dqw said:
Scottemojo":174g5dqw said:

True story. Only they didn't play badly last game, our D simply took their lunch money. By force.

Oh, I agree. From the first play on, it was a bullying beatdown so bad that Incognito called Martin and said he was sorry now that he had seen through another's eyes how that feels.

WeakBeak

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2c23onhq said:
SacHawk2.0":2c23onhq said:
Scottemojo":2c23onhq said:

Oh, I agree. From the first play on, it was a bullying beatdown so bad that Incognito called Martin and said he was sorry now that he had seen through another's eyes how that feels.

This time well punch em in the throat and take more than just their lunch money, the whole wallet.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
wilson453184289.jpg

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":1draxwsr said:
Scottemojo":1draxwsr said:

Let's not forget that coach Payton realized they were going to lose so they just went vanilla on offense for the remainder of the game.