Current NFL Officiating

Sealake80

Reaction score
I agree. The level of officiating is truly bad. I'm tired of the stupid media narratives and propaganda campaigns during all the time outs etc. as well. I can safely say the NFL sucks. Thank god for players like RW3, Sherman, Thomas, Kam, Beast, ADB... I could go on. Pete is fun too. Love this team. Hate the NFL.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I never had a chance to watch the Hawk game(living in MI sucks) but did watch the Lions vs Saints and the officiating was BS there too. The Zebras are pissing everybody off, it's not just us. It's a league wide flag rape.

Let them play!!!!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
dumbrabbit":11usd3zv said:
I wanted to post a thread on this but figured there was too many on that last play.

I'm tired of these assholes determining the outcome of the game. Yes we should have not been in that position to begin with. But, They ruined one last chance for our offense. I firmly believe our offense could get the job done. A few pass plays to setup the FG opportunity for Hauschka to win the game for us. But no, they didn't want to be wrong, they didn't have a discussion, nothing. 2 Rams players didn't have full possession and one knee on the ground and Sherman was the last player on top of the ball, and the refs gave it back to the Rams. Can we please blame the refs for a change? Sure, we sucked the entire game but we could have had one last Fing chance to win it, and Wilson would've gotten the job done.

I'm just pissed off they didn't at LEAST review it. AT LEAST review the damn play. Why the hell can you review Helfet's 4th Q TD and not review the last play of the game? It pisses me off.

End Rant. Looking forward to next week against Carolina. Should be a good one.
They say "you know what" rolls down hill! Look to the "top" of the league to find the epicenter of the problem of crap officiating. They don't seem to keen on fixing the problem!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan":1tdoiwn9 said:
The officiating has been pretty poor all across the board.

My Cowboys got away with one on a TD pass yesterday where Tyron Smith was clearly holding, I mean blatant, and they missed it.
Yep classy for you to single out that play, I called it out in another thread. :th2thumbs:

dutchman063

Reaction score
Lets bring back the replacement officials, they seemed to mess up all the calls to our favor

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3q8oijdn said:
Hawkpower":3q8oijdn said:
We dont need anyone playing the role of "educated hawk fan who doesnt blame the refs for our losses" in this topic. Its unrelated. This thread is about how bad officiating makes the game less fun to watch.

LOL. yeah god forbid someone react educated and rationally.

If one was educated and rational, surely they could comprehend the OP then, couldnt they?

Because turning this into a "stop whining about the Rams game" when the he wasnt speaking specifically about only the Rams game doesnt seem all that educated, or all that rational.

But thanks for providing an unasked for voice of reason. Im sure it is much appreciated.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
SeahawksForever":7z2b1fpi said:
Guys let's be honest. No one was complaining after the fail mary game. We got every break and every loose ball went our way last year. It doesn't last forever. I hate it too but bad calls will never go away. We have to be good enough so that the bad calls don't make the difference between winning and losing.

We didn't lose yesterday because of a bad call. We lost because our special teams got owned, Kearse couldn't bother himself to jump for a 2-point pass attempt in the end zone, and we asked TEs and RBs to block Robert Quinn all day.

I hate to point this out (again), but that was the correct call. The "Fail Mary" was a legitimate catch.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":wphjom59 said:
SeahawksForever":wphjom59 said:
Guys let's be honest. No one was complaining after the fail mary game. We got every break and every loose ball went our way last year. It doesn't last forever. I hate it too but bad calls will never go away. We have to be good enough so that the bad calls don't make the difference between winning and losing.

We didn't lose yesterday because of a bad call. We lost because our special teams got owned, Kearse couldn't bother himself to jump for a 2-point pass attempt in the end zone, and we asked TEs and RBs to block Robert Quinn all day.

I hate to point this out (again), but that was the correct call. The "Fail Mary" was a legitimate catch.
....and you again would be CORRECT, the bad call was the non call with the OPI by Tate, but as you stated the catch was legit! :th2thumbs:

Kixkahn

Reaction score
They complained about how bad the replacement refs were, funny thing about that was they were bad across the board. It is getting really old seeing the refs call things not effecting the play and totally missing something that does. I just want even calls if you are going to call one team for something you had better call the other as well. That is my biggest problem with things now. Refs need fined or something that will kick them in the butt to do things right. Even if they aren't full time as just refs, doesn't mean they can't do it right. (The Longest Yard with Adam Sandler had good move to fix it. He nailed the ref in the nuts a few times to get his attention.)

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Kixkahn":17xphull said:
They complained about how bad the replacement refs were, funny thing about that was they were bad across the board. It is getting really old seeing the refs call things not effecting the play and totally missing something that does. I just want even calls if you are going to call one team for something you had better call the other as well. That is my biggest problem with things now. Refs need fined or something that will kick them in the butt to do things right. Even if they aren't full time as just refs, doesn't mean they can't do it right. (The Longest Yard with Adam Sandler had good move to fix it. He nailed the ref in the nuts a few times to get his attention.)

I really hate that there seems to be a lack of consistency and accountability across the board with these refs. It really does drag down the product. No one wants to watch these zebras take over games.

Hawks46

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan":1t13ji3h said:
The officiating has been pretty poor all across the board.

My Cowboys got away with one on a TD pass yesterday where Tyron Smith was clearly holding, I mean blatant, and they missed it.

This has been going on league wide. I truely believe they are deemphisizing OL holding calls. It protects the QB and drives up the scoring. Sacks are down league wide. We'll get blatant no calls, then they call a hold on an interior OL hold that's marginal at best and wouldn't have effected the play.

Then you have the "reemphisis" on the secondary holding and illegal contact rules. There is NO consistency there at all. Add to that the increase in WRs pushing off because they're getting away with it.

I'm not complaining about calls. When you clearly dominate a team, calls won't matter (like our Washington game). We should've clearly dominated a 1 win Rams team, and we didn't. That said, there were calls that killed our chances for a win. Not every game is going to be a blowout and one call can affect a game.

I agree with others here. Maybe a petition to the league or something, by ALL fans, not just fans of one team. WIth the internet, this wouldn't be hard to set up. I used to watch multiple games on a Sunday, especially divisional rival games. Now, I almost can't stand to watch the NFL.

edogg23

Reaction score
I find it ironic that we want the refs to stay of out the game and at the same time are complaining that they didn't step in and review the last fumble. So which is it? Do you want them to stay out of the game and let the team that came out of the pile with the ball keep it (the rams), or step in and try and watch some slow motion replay of the scum and try to make a judgment call on whose ball it should have been?

I was just as unhappy about the call as anyone, but when I heard Pete say in the press conference that the Rams ended up with the football in the bottom of the pile, that's on Richard Sherman for not hanging on to the ball, not the refs. I promise you that Russell Wilson would have come out of the pile with that ball if he was on top of it to start.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
edogg23":13os6bb9 said:
I find it ironic that we want the refs to stay of out the game and at the same time are complaining that they didn't step in and review the last fumble. So which is it? Do you want them to stay out of the game and let the team that came out of the pile with the ball keep it (the rams), or step in and try and watch some slow motion replay of the scum and try to make a judgment call on whose ball it should have been?

I was just as unhappy about the call as anyone, but when I heard Pete say in the press conference that the Rams ended up with the football in the bottom of the pile, that's on Richard Sherman for not hanging on to the ball, not the refs. I promise you that Russell Wilson would have come out of the pile with that ball if he was on top of it to start.

The review is a byproduct of what should have been done.

It all happened so fast, with no explanation, no review, no camera angles, just chaos, angry Seahawks and refs/Rams running as fast as they could off the field with glee.

We didnt need an Ed Hochuly 30 minute explanation, but some sort of anything to respect the magnitude of the call and play, just to make sure everything was RIGHT, would have been appropriate.