Culliver knee injury

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":2z9m3ed8 said:
Was that the year Nate Burleson's knee exploded in that first game in Buffalo and we got murdered by the freakin' Bills and I banged my head against a desk for two hours after that game was over?

Too many of our past games have ended this way for me to remember, lol.

mretrade

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1ndhyjgk said:
mretrade":1ndhyjgk said:
As a 49er fan this deserves a giant MEH. Nnamdi will take his place. Word is he has looked good early. Wouldn't be surprised if we see Wright back once he can pass a physical.

As a Seahawks fan, I'm laughing at you being excited about Nnamdi.

Where do I say I am excited? We are talking about our nickle corner here. I believe Nnamdi and Perish Cox are both capable of doing fine at that position.

Rogers and Brown remain the starters. Secondary was lights out two years ago. Last year they were awful down the stretch. Not sure what to expect this year. Our secondary is only as good as the pass rush and they struggle in jump ball situations and playing the ball in mid air.

Loosing Culliver kind of sucks but its not a major loss. As long as Aldon Smith, Justin Smith, Rogers/Brown stay healthy we will be fine on defense. Probably still top 5.

Injuries to Kaepernick, Boldin, Justin/Aldon Smith, a starting CB at this point would be season changers. I think we could handle anyone else including Willis/Gore etc. We had Willis go down before and our defense didn't miss a beat.

mretrade

Reaction score
Oh and at WR, I think we will be better this year then we were two seasons ago when we lost in OT in the NFC Championship game. Vernon will be featured a lot more in the passing game instead of his usual blocking responsibilities. In 2011, we had Crabtree who hadn't developed yet. I expect similar production out of Boldin as we got in 2011 from Crabtree. Our other receivers were Kyle Williams, Brett Swain who is trash and Tedd Ginn who is meh.

2011 WR's
Crabtree 74 874 4 Touchdowns
Kyle Williams 72 371 2 Touchdowns
Tedd Ginn 32 220 0 Touchdowns
Josh Morgan(hurt after week 5) 19 catches 220 yards 1 Touchdown

2013 WR's at start of season
Anquan Boldin
Mario Manningham
Kyle Williams
AJ Jenkins/Quinton Patton/Lockette/Scrubs

I would rather have 2013's group and say its pretty comparable to the 2011 group that went 13-3 and was plays from a superbowl.

Plus Vernon Davis is a beast when used in the passing game which is typically are playoff games.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
I'm having a very hard time feeling sorry for a misogynistic homophobe

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2yikla6d said:
Culliver didn't have a single positively rated game per Pro Football Focus since Justin Smith got injured. Just throwing that out there. He had 9 positively graded games and 4 negatively graded ones leading up to week 15, then week 15 through the Super Bowl goes like this for his personal grades:

-0.3 (@ NE game)
WC bye
-2.0 (Super Bowl)

I'm not trying to be a dick to Culliver, but it may very well work out better for the 49ers that he's injured.

Doesn't surprise me at all. When the Smiths were hurt the Niners couldn't get any pressure and the pass D fell apart.

One of the reasons I'm not super worried is that the Smiths will be back at full strength and the Niners got some other guys back as well...and drafted a few more.

Its also why I think Nnamdi might play well this year...he won't be exposed like he was in Philly.

Marvin49

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":3v8qoarq said:
From what I understand Manningham ia nowhere near ready to play?

He actually tore 2 ligaments in his knee and it was late in the year. I think he'll start the season on PUP.

cockeyhawk

Reaction score
Mannigham knee got nuked, I cheer on nasty hits delivered by seahawks players. When I saw what happen to Manningham I was like jesus get him off the field. There wasn't much cheering going on. It seems like this year has been back and for with the hawks and 9ers are we do to lose a defense back now:p?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Marvin49":2g08d4ii said:
KCHawkGirl":2g08d4ii said:
From what I understand Manningham ia nowhere near ready to play?

He actually tore 2 ligaments in his knee and it was late in the year. I think he'll start the season on PUP.
That's what I thought. That hit was sick. I assumed he would be back around game 6-7, is that off?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
cockeyhawk":1w66dlq9 said:
Mannigham knee got nuked, I cheer on nasty hits delivered by seahawks players. When I saw what happen to Manningham I was like jesus get him off the field. There wasn't much cheering going on. It seems like this year has been back and for with the hawks and 9ers are we do to lose a defense back now:p?
Don't even speculate like that and if it happens please don't be Thurmond.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
gargantual":m1a2cfux said:
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the concept of Super Bowl hangover. Playing that late into the year takes an extra toll...
Isn't that phenomenon only for the winner?

Giedi

Reaction score
gargantual":1z023cab said:
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the concept of Super Bowl hangover. Playing that late into the year takes an extra toll...
It goes both ways. First the good, getting to the big game and/or winning it means you have the players to get there in the first place and win, which means you aren't in re-building mode (unless you lose a ton of your veteran players via free agency). The bad - all your players are one year older. It won't make a difference to a guy in his 2nd year, but a vet guy like say a Justin Smith or a CB - it means they are one year older and that much closer to retirement and their bodies have been through 19 games instead of 16 so there's been more wear and tear on their bodies.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Wear & tear doesn't last several months. Anything that lasts a month or more is called an injury, so unless one of your players gets injured in the Super Bowl, playing into February is irrelevant to the following season as far as general wear goes.

cockeyhawk

Reaction score
Roland doesn't understand the niners players bodies take 7 months to heal from the super bowl. They lost the super bowl its not there bodies can just bounce back from that. I just don't understand why someone would respond like this, how can you not know how long it takes a Niner player to mend completely?