COUGS @ HUSKIES

Atradees

Reaction score
I am not a huge fan of Sark and while hes done a good job I believe the UW program is peaking.

HawkWow

Reaction score
jkitsune":1ubhqrhg said:
HawkWow":1ubhqrhg said:
jkitsune":1ubhqrhg said:
Pathetic defense at this point too. This is typical uw, and I'm so sick of it.

But our O has offered our D little support, bro. With the 2 TOs, I'm impressed they've only given up the 10.

That can't be an excuse for the penalties and inability to get off the field. The susceptibility to the screen no matter how many times they run it is a killer, too.

I'll admit that right now I just want to be angry at the huskies, so I'm probably not being reasonable. I can't take another 7-5 season with an apple cup loss.

My neighbors will tell you I feel your angst (lol)...but the O committed 2 TOs, couldn't sustain drives and forced the D to play 20 minutes of that 30. I'm pleased with them giving up the 10 (under the circumstances).

jkitsune

Reaction score
JSeahawks":bkcdznsh said:
I think he's done a good job with a few different offensive systems. He's shown that he's flexible and will incorporate different schemes to fit his players. Honestly, I don't think Keith Price is that good of a QB (I mean, he's not terrible... he's extremely average, imo), but he's built a pretty good offense around him for the last few years.

I think he's a very smart football mind, I just don't think he's an Alpha male type personality that most great head coaches have, which makes him a better coordinator, imo. (i'm starting to think the same thing about mark Helfrich as well).

I have a hard time separating the consistent underperformance of his team including on offense, from his credentials as an offensive coordinator. The offense is nowhere near as consistent as it should be based on the talent he has accumulated here, and the huskies fold routinely under pressure. Maybe that wouldn't happen if he was a coordinator, but hard to know for sure.

jkitsune

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":e2kys17h said:
Forgot how to tackle apparently.

Brutal job tackling, I agree. WSU defense doesn't look the same as they did first half.

Which version is more typical of wsus d?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Huskies taking control of this game.

Like Throw, I'm not a huge fan of Harrington but I think his continued point about the Husky DB's coverage being good enough to make Halliday hold the ball too long is a good one.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Yeah jkitsune, UW just did the Cougs a favor by throwing on 3rd and 2 right there and settling for a FG. You got Sankey and he's tearing of the Wazzu defense. Run him. Bevell move?

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
jkitsune":28s7sru6 said:
CurryStopstheRuns":28s7sru6 said:
Forgot how to tackle apparently.

Brutal job tackling, I agree. WSU defense doesn't look the same as they did first half.

Which version is more typical of wsus d?

I do not think they are conditioned enough to keep going at the pace of the offense so they are bound to wear down. Even Wazzu's 91 yard drive lasted less than six minutes. Add in some three and outs and there is not a lot of room for rest. So, I guess the answer to your question is yes.