Correct me if I'm wrong here, but...

Mojambo

Reaction score
mistaowen":2zhdabyd said:
Jags defense is better than the Eagles but Wentz can actually win games for them. Anytime Bortles needs to go out there and win a game he throws 3 picks. Very slow release, gets lots of balls batted down at the line, makes really dumb throws. They've done a good job limiting his ability to lose games this year though.

Look for a lot of WR screens and passes near the LOS on third down. They rarely throw anything vertical or over 10 yards. Similar philosophy to Pete back in Russell's beginning - be content punting to win the field position game and trust the defense.

This would be a very bad strategy against Seattle's defense. McDougald, Maxwell and Griffin excel at defending these types of plays. Not to mention Wagner and Wright.

I hope they scheme this way. If I'm them, I go bold and take shots downfield hoping for game-changing penalties.

hawk45

Reaction score
Mistaowen said short passes on third down, the implication being I think that they will run on early downs and only pass if necessary, those passes being short. I think that's the best strategy they have with bortles.
If it was goff, Rodgers, mariota, or Watson I'd say yes try and take advantage of the fact that it has been possible to get big plays on our defense this year. But it has only been possible for truly talented QBs so that's out.
You let bortles take shots downfield penalty hunting and that's a great way to have a pick fest. It's been the opposite of their formula this year and I can't see them changing as they play our very good secondary.
They will be ultra conservative. It will be like the giants game where they weren't even trying to score or get first downs, just not turn it over when they passed.
It's all on our run D.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I heard on the radio that Allen Hurns is ruled out for the game. One less weapon the Jags have on offense.

zchurch74

Reaction score
We should have no issues stopping their offense. We may have an issue with their d-line. If we can keep Russell safe we shouldn’t have a problem.

I don’t honk our biggest issue Sunday isn’t the Jags, it’s the travel and east coast time. Besides NYC, we don’t play well on The east coast.

This could be an ugly game Hat comes down to field goals............

calinator

Reaction score
Funny topic. This game scares me more than the Eagles game did. Watching Seahawks games over the years should tell you an early east coast road game for the Seahawks doesn't often go very well as opposed to a home primetime game.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
calinator":13oy7n03 said:
Funny topic. This game scares me more than the Eagles game did. Watching Seahawks games over the years should tell you an early east coast road game for the Seahawks doesn't often go very well as opposed to a home primetime game.

True but the game time has been changed to 4:25pm EST/ 1:25pm PST so it's not an early game.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
calinator":1y34sz02 said:
It's not an early game. Was moved to 4pm EST last I heard. ;)

chris98251

Reaction score
Week 1: at Houston Texans W - Savage, Watson first game as a pro and I am not sure he even played

Week 2: vs. Tennessee Titans L - Mariota they lost this game

Week 3: vs. Baltimore Ravens W - Flacco

Week 4: at New York Jets L - McCown, was QB but Powell had a 163 yards to beat them

Week 5: at Pittsburgh Steelers W - Rothisberger

Week 6: vs. Los Angeles Rams L - Goff - special team touchdowns beat them

Week 7: at Indianapolis Colts W - Brissett

Week 9: vs. Cincinnati Bengals W - Dalton and a embarrassing run game, Dalton had 139 yards passing

Week 10: vs. Los Angeles Chargers W - Rivers

Week 11: at Cleveland Browns W - Kizer

Week 12: at Arizona Cardinals L - Gabbert They allowed Gabbert to look like a good QB, but they have recievers in Arizona.

Week 13: vs. Indianapolis Colts W - Brissett

Week 14: vs. Seattle Seahawks - Wilson

If we can run we can win, if we play good special teams we can win, however Mariota isn't or wasn't really scrambling yet when the Titans beat them and he was the most mobile QB they have faced, they have seen nothing like what Wilson does, Watson would have been the closest but that was game one of the season and I think Savage got the start and Watson was still figuring out where the concession stand was.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2h5bfz2x said:
Grahamhawker":2h5bfz2x said:
Hurns has been out like half the season.

I thought Robinson was their only WR out so far. Thanks for the update.

I remembered seeing him on the injury report a bunch lately, but "half the season" was a stretch.

Looks like he has actually been out since Week 10.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Ive said this before. I compare the Jags to the Superbowl Seahawks except for the QB. Phenominal secondary, great pass rush, good RB (Marshawn was better.) The difference is Bortles sucks.

If they had a half decent QB they'd be SB contenders, but the don't. This should be a low scoring game, Bortles wont be able to lead them down for the win if it comes down to it.

RussB

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2kbn5g48 said:
Jax DL is the reason their secondary is so strong. Yes they have Ramsey and he's very good. However they have tons of talent upfront - Campbell, Malik Jackson, Dareus, Myles Jack, etc. They got 10 sacks in a game earlier. Jax have a better DL across the board than the Eagles do.

If I had to compare the defense- they are a lot like the 2015 Panthers defense - strong front 7 with Josh Norman at CB and nobody else in secondary. Same thing for the Jags - strong front 7 with Ramsey at CB and nobody else worth discussing in the secondary.
Ummm you know who AJ bouye is ? Hes the opposite corner and hes really good

hawkfan68

Reaction score
RussB":2k8p19u5 said:
hawkfan68":2k8p19u5 said:
Jax DL is the reason their secondary is so strong. Yes they have Ramsey and he's very good. However they have tons of talent upfront - Campbell, Malik Jackson, Dareus, Myles Jack, etc. They got 10 sacks in a game earlier. Jax have a better DL across the board than the Eagles do.

If I had to compare the defense- they are a lot like the 2015 Panthers defense - strong front 7 with Josh Norman at CB and nobody else in secondary. Same thing for the Jags - strong front 7 with Ramsey at CB and nobody else worth discussing in the secondary.
Ummm you know who AJ bouye is ? Hes the opposite corner and hes really good

I do now. He seemed to be Russell's favorite receiver out there.