Congratulations, Seahawks.

themunn

Reaction score
Shanahan should have pulled Griffin straight after that 2nd TD
I didn't even think Griffin was playing well before then, it was Morris that gashed us for most of the yards, and bar a couple middle-sized runs and some screen plays, Griffin wasn't really a factor.

Once it was clear Griffin couldn't run though it was game over

SkinsfortheWin

Reaction score
Good game Hawks. Russel is the real deal. I dont like Sherman he is good though. Congrats you have a great team and bright future. We will see you guys again I am sure. I am pretty sure you guys will spank the Falcons.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Shannahan should be fired for keeping RGII in this game.

I would have loved to see RGIII healthy the entire game. But I think a lot of things went the Skins way that made this game closer. Seattle is the better team, but the Skins are obviously on their way up.

Good luck next year and hope to see you in the playoffs again (maybe at the Clink though).

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Classy post KDawg. Your teams future also looks very bright as well. RGIII is a tough SOB and hope he isn't hurt too bad.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Respect.

A healthy RGIII--and Carriker/Orakpo--might make it a different game. But conjecture is not a game I want to play, either way. I've been at tthe wrong end of it as a fan--plenty.

That said, I look forward to seeing the boys in blue beat up Atlanta

sc85sis

Reaction score
It appeared to me that the field condition may have contributed to RGIII reinjuring his knee.

Starrman44

Reaction score
Well, to be honest, I did not enjoy today's game very much. First the 1st quarter was garbage for the Hawks. I think a lot of it had to do with the field conditions. It looked like the Seahawks were slipping around.

Then, I honestly hated watching RG3 hobbling around. I knew we would send more heat after halftime, and I was just hoping Big Red didn't fall on his leg. When Irvin sacked him and bent him over I was wondering if he was going to get up. When he fumbled it and laid on the turf, I was hoping the whole line didn't land on him. It was hard to get a lot of satisfaction out of the game.

I'm sorry, but Shanahan should be criticized for taking a chance with his Franchise today. That was a very stupid move. Especially with a very viable back-up QB. Cousins and Wilson were the guys I wanted last draft (one of them). If we had Cousins, I wouldn't worry about our QB situation for a long time.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
KDawg_ES":3c1qj8u0 said:
The re-injury to Griffin's knee did us in, and in combination, Mike Shanahan's refusal to pull him really hurt the team. I feel good about the Redskins season as a whole, but definitely disappointed in how it ended. I'll still be wearing my 'Skins gear proudly tomorrow.

That said, there are no excuses. I've said it all week long, you guys have a hell of a football team. Wilson is great and your defense brings it on every single play. To be honest, I think you guys are the team to beat and I wish you the best of luck moving forward. Your defensive front is scary good and your linebackers get down hill and play football. You all should be proud of the football team that you have up there in the Northern corner of the country. Excellent, excellent football team. Can't say enough positive things about you. Hopefully, we see you in the future.

Congratulations, Seattle, you've been in dire straights for a long, long time. You have very, very dedicated fans and you all deserve this. Congrats again.

Cheers, brother. We all want our teams to succeed and both our fan bases have been patiently waiting. Your guys had me freaking the funk out in the 1st quarter, and I bet we've seen the beginning of a great non-division rivalry.

OP
OP
K

KDawg_ES

Reaction score
I really would like to see you guys do quite well.

Thanks for the hospitality. I may pop in from time to time to talk football.

Good luck the rest of the way.

mikehawks

Reaction score
Alright, I'm getting amped for the first time this season. They freak'n won a playoff game as a visiting team.....With Russel Wilson!?!? Are we gonna see the QB position transformed in this new decade?

Is this the season that the refs make a few make up calls for Superbowl XL? Maybe the refs will be ordered to put their stripes horizontally, rather than vertically.