Colorado @ Washington

HawkWow

Reaction score
mrblitz":o8yzrqju said:
what about this richardson wr from colorado? will he be playing on sundays?

Probably with a nice contract. He'll go high, IMO.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The Dawgs look good but then again they are playing Colorado, and their biggest playmaker Richardson is out.

HawkWow

Reaction score
SeatownJay":3kf22aq8 said:
Danny Shelton is a big man.

I think Shelton is going to do well on Sundays. Someone's gonna' steal him, coach him up and have a real solid contributor for years. IMO.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2fl38mfz said:
The Dawgs look good but then again they are playing Colorado, and their biggest playmaker Richardson is out.

Just getting re-taped. He will return for more humiliation soon.

But your point is well taken. It's Colorado.

HawkWow

Reaction score
45 -7

Time to see Miles or Lindquist. But I doubt it til the 4th. Sark letting Price play football for the scouts today. I'm good with it. Price would be a good guy to have behind (a guy like) Wilson. I hope he gets a shot somewhere.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Man, what a disappointing quarter for Washington. They only had the ball for 2 minutes and only ran 7 plays.

:p

mrblitz

Reaction score
looks like washington could be playing on sundays.

mrblitz

Reaction score
59-7 so far... is this going to be sark's biggest blowout win?

mrblitz

Reaction score
i thought this might be one of those 'trap' games but washington pretty much beat colorado here, '9 ways 'til sunday'. there were some early fits and starts, but washington basically rolled for 60 minutes.

the next game at ucla could be pretty good.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Looks like our tradition of great backs will continue. Washington, obviously unpolished, but flashes some Corey Dillon.

And Miles looks quite Tui-esque.

Great and classy win by our Dawgs. Way to take the knee on 4th and 3 instead of going for it and potentially scoring on the play.

Stay classy Dawgs. We'll be back.

kearly

Reaction score
I was a fan of Washington when I saw his very first carry, but I don't know if I'll see a better RB than Bishop Sankey in a Huskies uniform. He's like Golden Tate the RB. Kaufman was electric, Dillon was a beast, Polk was ultra reliable, had Lynch-type toughness and balance and was smart. Sankey has been a better version of Polk. If he's not the first RB drafted in 2014, somebody screwed up.

HawkWow

Reaction score
kearly":2o97c1vr said:
I was a fan of Washington when I saw his very first carry, but I don't know if I'll see a better RB than Bishop Sankey in a Huskies uniform. He's like Golden Tate the RB. Kaufman was electric, Dillon was a beast, Polk was ultra reliable, had Lynch-type toughness and balance and was smart. Sankey has been a better version of Polk. If he's not the first RB drafted in 2014, somebody screwed up.

Me too, but then he fumbled twice soon after. I love Sankey but he'd need his Sr year before I could consider putting him over Kaufman. As far as pure talent goes, I'd have him behind both Kaufman and Dillon. Pretty good company.

People forget how good Kaufman was...He was running 4.3s when 4.4 was blazing fast. Some looked at him as a scat back and questioned his durability (!?) even though he had carried the ball 40-50 times in a game. At 180 lbs, he was benching 400 lbs. One of college football's all time great backs, IMO.

kearly

Reaction score
I think Dillon was the best, in terms of talent. Kaufman was the most exciting. I think Sankey was the best on the field player, as he's had a better season this year than those guys did running behind vastly superior offensive lines. I think Sankey is about as complete a RB as I've ever seen. Reminds me a lot of Ray Rice.

drrew

Reaction score
I really like Sankey, but I think some are underestimating Chris Polk. He ran behind probably the three worst offensive lines in the history of the program. Sankey needs to finish this year strong, and then toss another 1000 yard season on top before he surpasses Polk. Polk is the all time leading rusher which he did in only 3 years.

All time, Corey Dillon was the greatest talent, Napolean Kaufman was the most fun to watch.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
I think Corey Dillon ran behind probably the greatest line in UW history, or at least the most talented. As great as Kaufman was, I would've loved to see how more creative playcallers would have got him the ball. Polk was a beast who had to fight for every yard. Don't think he's one of the most talented, but his body of work is amazing, especially given the subpar offensive line talent. Sankey fascinates me with his ability to roll off tackles for extra yards and the burst through a hole and outrace everyone.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I'd be really curious to see what would happen if Sankey and Kadeem Carey switched teams. I think they're both really good. I'm not sure which one I would choose if I had to choose one.

Tical21

Reaction score
I'm not sold on Sankey as a pro. Not big nor fast. Seems to me to be one of those hundreds of guys that can tear up the college ranks, and is simply not a good enough athlete to thrive in the pro game. Great vision, good quickness, but don't see a ton of burst and it scares me every time he tries to get physical to finish a run. I could be wrong. He could be Emmitt Smith. But the NFL either prefers big guys or fast guys, sometimes both. Sankey is neither.

drrew

Reaction score
Tical21":1nsivhia said:
I'm not sold on Sankey as a pro. Not big nor fast. Seems to me to be one of those hundreds of guys that can tear up the college ranks, and is simply not a good enough athlete to thrive in the pro game. Great vision, good quickness, but don't see a ton of burst and it scares me every time he tries to get physical to finish a run. I could be wrong. He could be Emmitt Smith. But the NFL either prefers big guys or fast guys, sometimes both. Sankey is neither.

While you're right that big or fast are required to be drafted highly, Alfred Morris, Fred Jackson, DeAngelo Williams, Ray Rice, etc. prove you don't necessarily have to be either to be a productive NFL back.

Admittedly, I'm not sold on him making at the next level either, but his vision and ability to shrug off tacklers in tight spaces would seem to indicate he'll have a chance.

Latest posts