Coach's Show on KIRO w/synopsis

-The Glove-

Reaction score
hoxrox":3lz09kao said:
Why didn't they ask him about the fake punt pass? Everybody who watches the Rams even casually knew that was coming.

Was it just execution or they just weren't ready for it? Did they really think the Rams were going to punt it in THAT situation?
Pete addressed it...

Said he didn't think they'd try for the fake punt on 4th and 3 deep in their own territory. Said we should have had it covered but didn't.

Even if you don't think they'll run it...at least cover ur asses just in case. They do this all the time so I don't know how you don't cover it

Largent80

Reaction score
Thanks for the recap Kid.

Regarding the fake. Pete is an astronomical idiot for NOT considering a fake regardless of field position.

That team was desperate for a win and that play gave it to them regardless of the incredible inept officials now employed in the NFL.

McGruff

Reaction score
Admittedly, I didn't watch the game. Followed what I could online and have seen pertinent replays.

We had three fluke ST's plays, which is one part of our team I really have nothing to worry about. They were fluke plays. SO while I know this is overly simplified and a bit too "moral victory-ish", I kinda look at this game like this: We went on the road against a division opponent banged up and distracted, and for all intents and purposes outscored them 27-14.

Glass half full? Heck yeah!

Largent80

Reaction score
This team kinda reminds me of the 1986 team. The win/loss thing is different, but the way this season has shaked out so far, I think it could end up paralleling '86.

In that year we won 3 in a row to start, then went win/loss win/loss. THEN, lost 4 in a row.

After that they went on a tear that was legendary, racking up over a 30 point average in the last 4 and were without a doubt the best team in the league at THAT time.

However, it was too late.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1986_Seatt ... wks_season

TCHawkfan

Reaction score
C'mon, there was NO ONE defending that side of the field on the fake punt after the gunner ran the crossing route... The Hawks didn't need a punt return there. They would have had pretty good field position even with no return.

olyfan63

Reaction score
The other issue is that even if the Hawks noticed signs of a fake and wanted to try to counter it, we were out of timeouts, and they had only 3 yards to go, so even an intentional encroachment penalty to buy regroup time still gives them a first.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Largent80":38uji20x said:
This team kinda reminds me of the 1986 team. The win/loss thing is different, but the way this season has shaked out so far, I think it could end up paralleling '86.

In that year we won 3 in a row to start, then went win/loss win/loss. THEN, lost 4 in a row.

After that they went on a tear that was legendary, racking up over a 30 point average in the last 4 and were without a doubt the best team in the league at THAT time.

However, it was too late.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1986_Seatt ... wks_season

I remember that season well, and that was my feeling at the time. That 1986 team was the best 10-6 team ever to not make the playoffs, and had they made the playoffs, we may well have gotten the first Lombardi then. They were just special during that streak, had chemistry, totally had it rolling.

Latest posts