CJ looks forward to facing our "traditional 4-3" defense

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Teqneek":2rky5683 said:
Not me.. I like Wagner and all. .but you guys are putting way to much emphasis on the MLB spot. WEve been plugging guys in there and they are still racking up 130 tackles. KJ will do just as good as job.

Who?

CANHawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3k1kes13 said:
Teqneek":3k1kes13 said:
Not me.. I like Wagner and all. .but you guys are putting way to much emphasis on the MLB spot. WEve been plugging guys in there and they are still racking up 130 tackles. KJ will do just as good as job.

Who?

In retrospect, David Hawthorne was pretty unremarkable and he put up somewhere around 120 tackles a year as the MLB on this team. Just checked stats... Heater never did more than 117. Lofa was the main Mike before that and he never did better than 122. Bobby did 140 last year.

I agree with the premise and I don't expect a big drop between Bobby and KJ either, but we've hardly been "plugging in" 130 tackle guys over the years... Wagz is an exceptionally good linebacker and that shouldn't just be glossed over.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
CANHawk":1t97gqqc said:
Tech Worlds":1t97gqqc said:
Teqneek":1t97gqqc said:

Who?

In retrospect, David Hawthorne was pretty unremarkable and he put up somewhere around 120 tackles a year as the MLB on this team. Just checked stats... Heater never did more than 117. Lofa was the main Mike before that and he never did better than 122. Bobby did 140 last year.

I agree with the premise and I don't expect a big drop between Bobby and KJ either, but we've hardly been "plugging in" 130 tackle guys over the years... Wagz is an exceptionally good linebacker and that shouldn't just be glossed over.

Thanks. I thought he ment kazavinski.

davidonmi

Reaction score
chris Johnson is done, plus we'll be able to put an extra man in the box with Fitzpatrick. Our D is gonna be pissed and I only got Tenn scoring 7 points

Hawks46

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1sp9ttag said:
warden":1sp9ttag said:
We are on a traditional 4/3 defense

We're one of the least traditional defenses in the league, and whether we're 4-3 or 3-4 changes with each snap.

Yup, I was going to say that I bet we run a lot of 3-4 looks to confuse the Titans and get them out of their comfort zone, but with Wagner out, I'm not sure how we'd work 4 LBers.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Largent80":19qwd5vq said:
We are though, 19th against the run at this point, which befuddles me.

Indy = #4 in rushing
SF = #5 in rushing
Houston = #6 in rushing
Carolina = # 15 in rushing

Add in the fact that our D-Line hasn't been at full strength yet the entire year, and it all equals #19 in rushing Defense. I fully expect us to be in the top 10 in rushing D by the end of the year, if not top 5.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Hawks46":15toz3og said:
MontanaHawk05":15toz3og said:
warden":15toz3og said:
We are on a traditional 4/3 defense

We're one of the least traditional defenses in the league, and whether we're 4-3 or 3-4 changes with each snap.

Yup, I was going to say that I bet we run a lot of 3-4 looks to confuse the Titans and get them out of their comfort zone, but with Wagner out, I'm not sure how we'd work 4 LBers.

Just make Clemons or Avril stand up. They've both played OLB in a 3-4. Not 100% sure about Avril, but Clem definitely has. not much of a stretch at all...

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
MLB tackle numbers are usually inflated because more traffic comes their way.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3jcxmumx said:
CANHawk":3jcxmumx said:
Lol. Kaz never started... did he..? I can't remember.

Yes, and it was pretty rough.

I must've blocked it from my memory. The only MLB I remember before Lofa was Chad Brown. Though I have this vague recolection of Niko Koutovedes playing too...

Latest posts