Chris Petersen is the new Washington coach

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I was curious today on some info and decided to look up BSU alum in the NFL. Here is a complete list.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/college/_/letter/b

That's 18 players in the NFL for BSU. The only one's prior to Petersen's tenure are Colledge and Mikell. This is what he was able to do with widely overlooked recruits. I think this is going to turn out to be a genius move for UW. It pains me as a BSU fan, but the UW fan in me thinks he could be there for decades. Also heard BSU might get Koetter back and that would salve some of the wounds for sure.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Realdawg.com ‏@Realdawg247 34m
Boise sources reporting that Justin Wilcox is interviewing for Boise State job tomorrow @Scott_Schrader thanks for heads up #huskies
Retweeted by Aaron Levine

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":2ndjathe said:
Former Boise State assistant Bryan Harsin, after one season as coach at Arkansas State, has accepted an offer to replace Chris Petersen as coach of the Broncos, a source told ESPN's Joe Schad.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... te-broncos

Wilcox staying or to USC?

I thought someone said USC balked at paying his $1M buyout fee. I don't think anyone knows for sure yet where he'll end up.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Can't imagine that a $1 million buyout is that big of a deal to USC. Boise is going to pay almost double than that to get Harsin out of his contract with Arkansas State.

This will be up to Wilcox IMO.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3dkaz208 said:
Can't imagine that a $1 million buyout is that big of a deal to USC. Boise is going to pay almost double than that to get Harsin out of his contract with Arkansas State.

BSU is getting a head coach not a DC. It is also offset by the 750k they got for Petersen. Anyone know if USC had to pay a buyout for Sark?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":khyzh7pe said:
DavidSeven":khyzh7pe said:

BSU is getting a head coach not a DC. It is also offset by the 750k they got for Petersen. Anyone know if USC had to pay a buyout for Sark?

Yeah, but it's Boise vs. USC. $1 million is a drop in the bucket to them for a coveted DC. USC will pay him more than that in annual salary.

Subzero717

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":3u6kzzp3 said:
DavidSeven":3u6kzzp3 said:

1.5 million paid by he or SC for not completing the third year of current contract.

Crabhawk

Reaction score
I think a lot of the Wilcox musings are predicated on an assumption that he wants to go to USC. I'm not sure that is the case and it seems like if he's leaving, it's for an HC job. USC has a pretty decent DC right now, by the way. The $1million buyout would end up working out to quite a bit more than that. There's a good fan post on UW Dawg Pound explaining how buyouts are considered earned income and therefore taxable and added to the buyout total. Additionally there were reports last week that USC had already balked at paying the $1million, which, if I understand correctly, is high for a coordinator.

Based on the three assistants that followed Sark to USC, it seems like they were presented with a take it or leave it offer. Coaching shake ups are precarious for assistants because their salaries are dramatically lower than the HC, so their risk is proportionately higher. If the new HC brings "their guys" in and you are forced out, you might be out of work for some time. It was a good opportunity for the three that left.

My feeling, which is just as much speculation as everything else right now, is that Wilcox is being given latitude to interview for HC jobs. In the event that doesn't work out for him this year, I think he will be back at UW, based on his established relationship with Coach Pete and the staff he's bringing over.

And I've probably just jinxed it and within an hour he will be announced as the DC at USC :(

razgriz737

Reaction score
Now Tosh is saying that is untrue and ridiculous. But I think we've learned by now to not necessarily take coaches for their word, lol.

zifnab32

Reaction score
razgriz737":10xs1ewp said:
Now Tosh is saying that is untrue and ridiculous. But I think we've learned by now to not necessarily take coaches for their word, lol.

The writer for 247 literally changed the wording in the quote from:

"I guess USC has kept trying to contact me," Talia said. "They have been talking to my coach but I haven't talked to them. He was saying he talked to coach Lupoi about me too. It doesn't matter, I'm not talking to anyone but Oregon."

to this changed quote:

"I guess USC has kept trying to contact me," Talia said. "They have been talking to my coach but I haven't talked to them. He was saying he talked to coach Lupoi but he was talking about him going to USC and he wants me there."

Amazing example of journalism

jkitsune

Reaction score
razgriz737":swk5youb said:

Yeah, at one point the rumor mill was that Petersen was being interviewed Friday. Then it was Thursday. Then he'd declined. Then he'd accepted. I'll just wait and see.

That said, I would not be shocked if Tosh were recruiting for USC.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Remember Tosh was the same guy who pulled this stunt with Shaq Thompson so it wouldn't surprise me.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Another kid, can't remember his name at the moment... Pelion or something like that... Just commited to USC yesterday. Tosh was his main recruiter to uw and he had previously said he wouldn't be making a decision until he knew what was going to happen with tosh. I don't know the facts of what's going on but seems to be a lot of smoke about tosh being a slimeball.... Again.

MLOhawks

Reaction score
Coach Prince was the OC for Boise the last two years and Bronco fans are praying on their knees he leaves and goes to Udub. Udub fans are sacrificing babies to Satan to ward Prince away from Seattle.

Apparently, he would be welcome being sucked into a singularity.