Chris Harper released

seacat1

Reaction score
Wonder if he clears the waiver wire and the Hawks add him to PS?

HereToRead

Reaction score
you sure the hawks wont try to claim him? it would be out of character for either team to not sign released players
i bet the niners would have signed either Lotulelei or Williams had they not been claimed on waivers.

Laloosh

Reaction score
HereToRead":wcbwwhvd said:
you sure the hawks wont try to claim him? it would be out of character for either team to not sign released players
i bet the niners would have signed either Lotulelei or Williams had they not been claimed on waivers.

Seattle already released him once... how do you think SF got him in the first place?

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":rqfj6xho said:
HereToRead":rqfj6xho said:

Seattle already released him once... how do you think SF got him in the first place?

Plucked off of our practice squad, which is where he'll end up if we pick him up.

OP
OP
S

seacat1

Reaction score
HereToRead":2bdu8i61 said:

Not sure of anything PC/JS might do but with Percy coming back soon I would think we are pretty well stocked at WR.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":3iybkc18 said:
E.C. Laloosh":3iybkc18 said:
HereToRead":3iybkc18 said:

Plucked off of our practice squad, which is where he'll end up if we pick him up.

Right, but his post said "claim" which would require that we give him a spot on the 53, right? Not going to happen but they might try to snag him for the practice squad if he isn't picked up on waivers.

HereToRead

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":2n0obn4s said:
HereToRead":2n0obn4s said:

i know that, and people on here said the same thing about bj daniels,
"no way we pick him up"

LOL

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
Tough break for him. I wonder if he burned any bridges with the Hawks FO when he opted to go to SF. Rather than staying on the Hawks PS and possibly moving up the ladder through hard work, he may have alienated the Seahawk FO (and possibly the team players). His career is not dead yet, but he sure isn't getting off on the right foot.

HereToRead

Reaction score
HunnyBadger":dsmfnw03 said:
Tough break for him. I wonder if he burned any bridges with the Hawks FO when he opted to go to SF. Rather than staying on the Hawks PS and possibly moving up the ladder through hard work, he may have alienated the Seahawk FO (and possibly the team players). His career is not dead yet, but he sure isn't getting off on the right foot.

he was offered a partially guaranteed contract, you cant pass that up.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
We can either put in a waiver claim for him now, in which case we'd have to sign him to the active roster, or wait to see if he clears waivers; if he does, we can sign him to the practice squad.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I'm sure they would LOVE to get him on the practice squad. But he'll probably be a Jaguar tomorrow

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Refresh my memories on how the rules work. If he clears waivers, he could theoretically sign on to the Hawks practice squad instead of the Niners, right? I know he'd rather be in SF on their active roster as opposed to Seattle's PS. But which team's PS would he rather be on? He's got history with both teams and coaching staffs. Guess it depends on how much Harbaugh punk bitch brainwashing he allowed himself to be Kaepernicked by.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
They could also claim him and waive Walters (then re-sign Walters to PS) just to make sure he doesn't go back to the 49ers PS.

Jags already passed on him once.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I really don't see that he will be picked up by another team. If 2 teams cut him it's pretty clear he is a project. He came across to me as nothing special. A big body but not great speed or height. He is one off those tweeters. Not big enough to be a TE maybe a joker... We could probably sign him to the PS if he clears

Brahn

Reaction score
I would imagine this is more indicative of the Niners getting some of their WRs back from injury. (Manningham)

Latest posts