Chiefs vs Eagles.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
HawkWow":102klv02 said:
peachesenregalia":102klv02 said:
Alex Smith is still Alex Smith. This game - like most of the Thursday night games - is pretty boring. Like there's no atmosphere at that stadium, I dunno. Just not really into it.

I'm grateful for any football, but Thursday is a dumbass day to have a game. Bad for teams and fans alike. Move a college game into this spot and move the NFL net game to Fridays.

Congress has strongly suggested to the NFL that they not play any games on Fridays to protect attendance at HS football games. That's why you never see Friday night NFL football.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Kansas City is in perfect position to go 7-1/8-0 because 4 of their next 5 games are at home. I am nowhere near ready to buy the media's spin up of them being a true contender or being any competition for Denver for that matter. A team that got the opportunities Kansas City did would have scored somewhere in the range of the high 30's to low 40's. Philadelpia's defense is that bad.

ensett

Reaction score
Terpdragon":1le8sh0w said:
I still wish we had kept McGrath

So do i, but i guess it doesnt make much of a difference since we severely underuse TEs. Mcgrath has more yards than Miller does.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Well, I actually enjoyed the game. Loved watching the Chiefs defense kick some Eagle butt all over the field.

kearly

Reaction score
After watching the Eagles smack the sense out of the Redskins in the first half of the opener before prevent defensing their way to a win, I thought I'd have to keep an eye on them this season as a HFA / bye week contender that could be trouble for Seattle. Well, I guess I can put those worries to rest now. The way the NFC East is going, 7-9 might win it.

Also, props to the Chiefs for winning a road game on a Thursday night. Wasn't the road team's record extremely terrible on Thursday night last season? Short weeks seem to be extra tough on road teams. I think Philly was actually the better team of the two, they moved the ball better at least. But you turn over the ball 5 times or whatever it was, and you should expect to lose every time. So KC caught some huge breaks, but still. Impressed. I think they win 11 games this year with the DVOA of a 9 win team, but that's pretty darn good for a team that was more than an Alex Smith away from respectability last season. Five pro-bowlers be damned.