CBS??

tdlabrie

Reaction score
Call me stupid, but why are last week's and this week's game on CBS? Not only is the visiting team NFC, which I thought was the rule, but both teams! Did I miss something with the TV/NFL contract?

Thanks.

Chawks1

Reaction score
Yes, networks can flex games between each other now. Networks are allowed to protect certain games if they want. The Carolina v. Seahawks wasn't protected so CBS chose that one over their usual AFC selections. Better ratings I'm sure.

kidhawk

Reaction score
This week the visiting team is AFC so it is normally a CBS broadcast. Last week was on CBS due to an agreement allowing the networks to swap matchups as long as both networks agree. It's happened a few times this year with other teams already and allowed us to be a more national game last week

drdiags

Reaction score
When they sold the Thursday night package to the networks they changed some of the exclusivity FOX and CBS had on NFC vs AFC coverage. There were some articles back around the time the schedules came out that alluded to this with some more details. I haven't noticed any FOX broadcasts that had just AFC teams but I would guess they will happen or have happened.

Seahawk772002

Reaction score
Another possible reason, due to World Series being on Fox and an extra game on Fox in London(Lions/Falcons) may have factored into the throught process.

Which reminds me is the NFL's obsession with a franchise or games in London the worst idea since Roy Rogers wanted to have Trigger stuffed when he died?

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Our game is on CBS again...sigh..CBS coverage is god awful I cant stand it..they need to step up their game...idk what it is...maybe the audio is crap,,,just seems like whenever I watch a game on CBS it sucks compared to FOX

mikeak

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":3l3kqnrx said:
Our game is on CBS again...sigh..CBS coverage is god awful I cant stand it..they need to step up their game...idk what it is...maybe the audio is crap,,,just seems like whenever I watch a game on CBS it sucks compared to FOX

Technica differences can also be local issues. For me CBS used to be much better than Fox. Then I moved and they were the same

12HawkFan

Reaction score
tdlabrie":1xtj2xyt said:
Call me stupid, but why are last week's and this week's game on CBS? Not only is the visiting team NFC, which I thought was the rule, but both teams! Did I miss something with the TV/NFL contract?

Thanks.

The Raiders are not currently an NFC team or if I am correct, have NEVER been an NFC team.

GO HAWKS!!!