Carroll's explanation on last play

trharder

Reaction score
Is that the only pass play available against a goal line defense? When I see that picture above, I see two Patriots ready to defend that patch of grass Lockette is heading towards. That's not a throw RW is asked to make very often. Throwing into traffic with three downs left. F--k. It's going to take awhile for the sting to go away.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
There is no explanation. Out was a screw up that cost him a whole damn super bowl. It will never be understood because it cannot be explained

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Pete clearly taking the fall for Bevell.

This was the dumbest call in the history of the super bowl.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Russell should have changed out of it. He won't be elite until he is willing to do that.
That said Pete just said the wrong personnel was sent in and he didn't want to waste the time out. We already wasted one when Unger fell asleep and forgot he was the center.

Should have run it anyway. I hope Russell learned from this moment but its doubtful that we will ever be here again anyway.

Sherman4Prez

Reaction score
Threw a pick inside the 5 on a second and goal with TO's and the clock at 30 seconds or so.

INEXCUSABLE

And that POS Brady will wear another ring because
of it

No excuse, bad bad bad

Snakeeyes007

Reaction score
Carroll's response: they had a 3 WR formation on the field, so we decided to pass. The natural follow up question is, "how is a 3 WR formation even an option on the half yard line with 40 secs on the clock, a timeout left, and Lynch/Wilson still healthy options?"

brimsalabim

Reaction score
trharder":3lilx09u said:
Is that the only pass play available against a goal line defense? When I see that picture above, I see two Patriots ready to defend that patch of grass Lockette is heading towards. That's not a throw RW is asked to make very often. Throwing into traffic with three downs left. F--k. It's going to take awhile for the sting to go away.
Think about that... The fact that a rookie corner was able to read that play under these circumstances says volumes about how poorly our passing game is devised.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Not buying it for one second. Bevell made that call. What an utter moron

randomation

Reaction score
chet380":1ztdx72i said:
The Outfield":1ztdx72i said:
Pete just said that he (Pete) made the call.

End of crazed Bevell-bashing! ... REPEAT -- PC said HE made the call.

He took the heat at the USC for the Call Kiff and Sark made against Texas as well it's who PC is. So once again I repeat FIRE BEVELL

jacobsod

Reaction score
If Pete is taking the Blame for Bevell, TBH I think he should take the blame at this point.

For far too long in these kind of situations he's covered for Bevell. Pete is the HC. The buck stops with him.

That said (bear with me this is my 1st post after this fiasco), I am proud of the guys they played great. I feel really bad for the players that put in so much to have it all taken away on a bad play call.

My family and I are COMPLETELY stunned. We must have sat there for 5 minutes watching the screen with blank "WTH" stares on our faces. The game was all but won on the strange-as-it-was Kearse catch. Wow. Just...WOW. I'm not sad for the loss. I'm flat out stunned.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
There are over 3300 guests on this message board....watching it go up in flames .....over the wrong play call on the 1 yd. line. This play will go down in Seahawk history as the dumbest call....period!!