Carolina Favored by 3 Over Seattle

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
It actually opened at -2.5 and moved to 3, which makes me think books feel good about Seattle.

This is about what I expected the line to be.

Barakas

Reaction score
Good! We play better when the odds are against us going into the game.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
I've been hoping for this matchup all year. I don't believe the Panthers are as good as their record. They caught some good teams on bad weeks and feasted on a weak division. I would love to serve Cam a dish of reality.

hawker84

Reaction score
I hope it goes up, and I hope every talking head pics carolina. increase the size of that chip on their shoulders. I want them to go in there with a serious tude.....

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Suprirsed it's not higher. Too bad cause Rivera will use this as lack of respect too that the #1 seed is not geting more than 3. He did the same thing when Dallas was a slight favorite for Thanksgiving

zhawk

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":juob9np8 said:
I've been hoping for this matchup all year. I don't believe the Panthers are as good as their record. They caught some good teams on bad weeks and feasted on a weak division. I would love to serve Cam a dish of reality.

this :thirishdrinkers:

carolinablue

Reaction score
marko358":1c7nu9jj said:
tacoma248":1c7nu9jj said:
3 points is nothing for a #1 seed hosting a #6 seed.
kind of embarrassing for the #1 seed
Not sure how it would be embarrassing. The Panthers are kind of viewed as the new kid on the block. Seattle has represented the NFC the past two years in the Superbowl and won one of those. The betting public is going to be all over a team like that versus a team that really doesn't have much experience.

davidonmi

Reaction score
carolina should absolutely be favored, but just from gut feeling, Marshawn Lynch riding in on his white horse to have a big game leading us to a win just feels like one of those stories that writes itself

carolinablue

Reaction score
davidonmi":3j9qirxz said:
carolina should absolutely be favored, but just from gut feeling, Marshawn Lynch riding in on his white horse to have a big game leading us to a win just feels like one of those stories that writes itself
I've been thinking about that. Seems to me that Seattle has played better without him and to be honest I don't think he's really given us all that much trouble in the past. We do better against the big bruising backs than we do the shifty types.

And since we're in a little bit of new territory in our secondary I'm thinking we're going to be playing a lot more zone than we usually do. I'm more worried about giving up yards through the air than on the ground at this point.

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":27fihfjd said:

My thoughts exactly. And you can bet that nearly everyone outside the Carolina geographic fan region will be hoping Seahawks crush the Panthers. Cam's arrogance doesn't sit well with people.

sutz

Reaction score
The Seahawks over the last 7 playoff games are 6-1, 4-0 at home, 1-0 on the road and 1-1 in the SB. If you count the SB as a road game, which it basically is for both teams, they are 2-1 on the road over that period.

In Vegas terms, a 3 point spread favoring the home team is a push. I don't have much of a problem with the spread. Apparently, the betting public agrees so far, as it didn't shift a lot yet. We'll see how the betting public goes as the week drags on, but I'd be surprised if it changed a lot.

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
Barakas":aachju7v said:
Good! We play better when the odds are against us going into the game.

Yes we do toouch talk about us winning this game instead of how it could be a struggle was there bunndrld up not cold at all

Optimus25

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":336ih5ob said:
Suprirsed it's not higher. Too bad cause Rivera will use this as lack of respect too that the #1 seed is not geting more than 3. He did the same thing when Dallas was a slight favorite for Thanksgiving

We own like a 4-1 or something series advantage on them recently. Bobby was out when we played them last. Honestly i thought it may have been a pick em. Anything over three would be lunacy. There's no motivation to capture there for Rivera. It's reality.