Carolina/Arizona/GreenBay

Mick063

Reaction score
NINEster":28k98prl said:
marko358":28k98prl said:
Mick063":28k98prl said:
The question is if they can string three road playoff victories together.

This Hawks team looks more dominant than any of the recent wild card teams that went on to the Super Bowl.

The problem I have is that this Hawks team looks worse than the last two playoff Hawks teams. The consecutive #1 seed for the NFC.

And this is how those last two postseasons shook out:

2013 playoffs - one possession win over the Saints (down to final play), one possession win over 49ers (down to final 30 seconds). This was after beating the crap out of these two teams at home in the regular season.

2014 playoffs - dominant win over Panthers, fortunate come from behind win against Green Bay. Panthers was always a tough out in Carolina (now at home), and the Packers got beat up at the Link.

Of course ANYTHING can happen, and the Hawks win out, Cards lose out, get #1 seed third year in a row, and shut out every team all the way to Levis.

But realistically...the subtle things that have made the Hawks a weaker team each year get magnified in the post season. And now you're looking at a 99% chance the Hawks will not play at Century Link past week 17....odds are against the team.

So 4 NFC playoff games to make the last two SBs, and I only found 1 game where the Hawks looked like juggernauts, the rest they were slightly better.

This is the most non hater way I can look at the Seahawks' chances.

When Wilson signed the huge contract, and there was player discord with Wagner, etc.......I saw it as a problem in January, not September.

You lost me with "the subtle things that have made the Hawks a weaker team each year ". The current iteration is vastly improved on the offensive end. Wilson is playing the best ball of his life. The hapless cornerback and center are not even on the roster anymore. Sherman is now shadowing the all pro receivers and more than holding his own. The rookies, which often take a half season to bloom, are coming on strong enough that one could argue that this is the best rookie class since Wilson/Wagner.

The game last weekend was nearly flawless offense and defense. What ever you are trying to sell here.....I ain't buying it.

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
What's the problem with Wagner other than he's only nit the factor he has been, but really isn't a factor.

That said, Carolina is scary.

NINEster

Reaction score
Mick063":1zw3znut said:
NINEster":1zw3znut said:
marko358":1zw3znut said:
Mick063":1zw3znut said:
The question is if they can string three road playoff victories together.

This Hawks team looks more dominant than any of the recent wild card teams that went on to the Super Bowl.

The problem I have is that this Hawks team looks worse than the last two playoff Hawks teams. The consecutive #1 seed for the NFC.

And this is how those last two postseasons shook out:

2013 playoffs - one possession win over the Saints (down to final play), one possession win over 49ers (down to final 30 seconds). This was after beating the crap out of these two teams at home in the regular season.

2014 playoffs - dominant win over Panthers, fortunate come from behind win against Green Bay. Panthers was always a tough out in Carolina (now at home), and the Packers got beat up at the Link.

Of course ANYTHING can happen, and the Hawks win out, Cards lose out, get #1 seed third year in a row, and shut out every team all the way to Levis.

But realistically...the subtle things that have made the Hawks a weaker team each year get magnified in the post season. And now you're looking at a 99% chance the Hawks will not play at Century Link past week 17....odds are against the team.

So 4 NFC playoff games to make the last two SBs, and I only found 1 game where the Hawks looked like juggernauts, the rest they were slightly better.

This is the most non hater way I can look at the Seahawks' chances.

When Wilson signed the huge contract, and there was player discord with Wagner, etc.......I saw it as a problem in January, not September.

You lost me with "the subtle things that have made the Hawks a weaker team each year ". The current iteration is vastly improved on the offensive end. Wilson is playing the best ball of his life. The hapless cornerback and center are not even on the roster anymore. Sherman is now shadowing the all pro receivers and more than holding his own. The rookies, which often take a half season to bloom, are coming on strong enough that one could argue that this is the best rookie class since Wilson/Wagner.

The game last weekend was nearly flawless offense and defense. What ever you are trying to sell here.....I ain't buying it.

Of course you're not.

I'll respect the homerism in all of us. It's always glass half full until it clearly is glass half empty.

When .NET Nation was predicting the collapse of the San Francisco 49ers slightly ahead of the national schedule, none of us Niner fans were buying it either.

A lot of it was wishful hate, and some of it somewhat objective.

What makes the Hawks different this year is that they can play at a high level against anyone, but instead of the full 60+ minutes of years past, it's not as long.

Mick063

Reaction score
Of course you're not.

I'll respect the homerism in all of us. It's always glass half full until it clearly is glass half empty.

When .NET Nation was predicting the collapse of the San Francisco 49ers slightly ahead of the national schedule, none of us Niner fans were buying it either.

A lot of it was wishful hate, and some of it somewhat objective.

What makes the Hawks different this year is that they can play at a high level against anyone, but instead of the full 60+ minutes of years past, it's not as long.
False equivalency is rampant in media and politics. My theory of why is that it is rampant in the blogosphere.

Trying to connect the Seahawk fortunes with San Francisco's demise is your own version of false equivalency. The Seattle organization is more stable, the coaching staff is superior, and the development of young players beyond compare. We have a franchise quarterback and our core players are signed into the future.

Your glass is half full....not ours. Your attempt to similarly influence our minds is weak and desperate. Go wallow in a decade of mediocrity.