Cardinals vs Panthers.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":3auguu0k said:
Seanhawk":3auguu0k said:
12thbrah":3auguu0k said:
Makes me feel a little better knowing the Hawks put up a better fight than the Cards. On a neutral field the Hawks are better than both of these teams

Too bad they'll never play on a neutral field. I take that back...I suppose they could meet up in the all important Hall of Fame game.

Green Bay is suspected to be playing in the HOF game next season for the induction ceremony of Brett Farve.

:34853_doh:

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":ltuew041 said:
The Panthers kicked our ass. Then they we prevent and sit on the ball mode up by 30.

Sorry but they kicked our butts when it mattered.

Think so, huh?

SEA-carroll-gum.gif

I understand to some degree why you would think this way. But, to say that the 2nd half of the game wasn't anything to do with what the Seahawks did (just what the Panthers didn't do) is a simplistic way of looking at the game... like the box score watchers in the media that don't watch the games and think they peg the team in their write ups. Sorry, not cool.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":2o7x1t3x said:
Tech Worlds":2o7x1t3x said:
The Panthers kicked our ass. Then they we prevent and sit on the ball mode up by 30.

Think so, huh?

SEA-carroll-gum.gif

I understand to some degree why you would think this way. But, to say that the 2nd half of the game wasn't anything to do with what the Seahawks did (just what the Panthers didn't do) is a simplistic way of looking at the game... like the box score watchers in the media that don't watch the games and think they peg the team in their write ups. Sorry, not cool.

You know I love Pete, but realistically, if I was another team's fan, pics like that would make me wanna drive my fist right through his face.

kearly

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":hpzn1u9x said:

I saw it a little different.

The Panthers kicked Seattle's butts while the Seahawks were still adjusting to the field and dealing with a 10am start time. Once those conditions faded it was all Seattle. And the Panthers didn't go prevent, they stayed aggressive on defense. Each of Seattle's 3 TDs came on aggressive deep balls into the end zone that a prevent might have stopped. The Panthers did get conservative on offense, but they are conservative by nature. The Panthers players and coaches looked scared shitless in the final minutes of the game.

It's really a shame Seattle pissed away two chances for easy points at the end of the first half, just 3 more points and they wouldn't have needed to think onside kick at the end.

Oh well. If one thing was clear, it's that it was Carolina's year. By "estimated wins" they were the NFL's most fortunate team, and Seattle was the NFL's least fortunate by the same metric, so a game like that could have been expected. Carolina always found ways to win and Seattle did not. It's their year, I bet they will really enjoy it.

Still, it makes me sad to think how easy Seattle's path to ring #2 would have been if Seattle had won at Carolina. Arizona has been a sham the past month. And Denver's offense is a joke.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
253hawk":31xxcp9z said:
The Cardinals scored more points against Carolina in the playoffs last year...with Drew Stanton.

Well, Brucie? Were you "not even trying", like week 17?

Even worse.. Ryan Lindley

kearly

Reaction score
I wonder if a QB has ever produced 6 turnovers in a conference championship game before?

I think Carolina is deserving of a Lombardi. But I don't know if I've ever seen a team face less resistance to a championship. Not only did they play the league's easiest schedule, the few tough opponents they faced all had issues. They played the Packers during their slump. They played the Seahawks during their 4th quarter meltdown phase without Bobby Wagner. They played the Seahawks at 10am with bad cleats, and they played Arizona just in time for the Cardinals to play their worst game since 58-0. And now, they face a SB opponent with a QB who had the worst passer rating in the NFL among starting QBs.

I like Carolina, but seeing their path to a SB has been frustrating to watch because it feels like they have been gifted so much of their success. The irony is that the last time we saw a team like this was the 2005 Seahawks, who faced the league's easiest schedule and got favorable matchups in the playoffs, including a Panthers team that crapped themselves in the NFCCG. The Panthers even get to face a top defense with a game manager QB in the SB just like the 2005 Hawks did. But unlike 2005, the officials won't intervene and I expect the Panthers to win. I guess I should be happy for their success, but I'm still bitter about how the divisional round game started.

As for Arizona... wow did this team look bad over their last 3 games. It's amazing how much the offense tanks when Palmer is only 90% healthy.

The Cardinals were much more alive at halftime than Seattle was. Yet Seattle roared back into the game, while the Cardinals imploded. It just shows you how impressive Seattle's mental toughness is, even when compared to the best teams in the NFL it is on a special level.

mort

Reaction score
kearly":3qg90kdx said:
Tech Worlds":3qg90kdx said:

I saw it a little different.

The Panthers kicked Seattle's butts
End of sentence, we lost. No excuses.

retro74

Reaction score
Just watched the last quarter now. That bloke falling out of the crowd after the Kuechly pick was comedy gold

What an idiot!

Greenhell

Reaction score
Polaris":2vsqk3fo said:
joeseahawks":2vsqk3fo said:
This drive is all about Cam. Destruction on the lazy cards. Seattle did a much better job than these fools from Arizona.

I will make a prediction here and now: I think when the dust settles, it will be obvious the "real" superbowl was decided when we (Seattle) played Carolina [just as two years ago, the "real" superbowl was decided when San Fran played Seattle].

So then you're saying we suffered yet another SB loss in two years? Oh hell naw. :pukeface:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
retro74":142hck2e said:
Just watched the last quarter now. That bloke falling out of the crowd after the Kuechly pick was comedy gold

What an idiot!

It looks like he was dropped out of the sky

carolina-panthers-fan-flips-onto-field-after-touchdown.gif

NINEster

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":18we5ri3 said:
As much as I'd hoped for the Cardinals to knock off this Panthers team ... in my heart of hearts I knew that it wasn't meant to be. Right now, I'm envisioning Peyton Manning experiencing a beat-down similar (or worse) to the thrashing we gave them in Super Bowl XLVIII. With the way these guys are playing right now, that would seem like a foregone conclusion.

And to be completely honest, the thought of Cam Newton being covered in confetti and hoisting high the Lombardi Trophy -- makes me want to retch. Should have been us against this Cardinals team tonight ... should have been us. Next year, you better believe the Seahawks are going to be coming after Cam Newton and company with everything they've got.

If you think it should have been you instead of the Panthers, then by all means 49er fans could have said the same thing about the 2013 NFC Championship Game. After all, the Niners had a lead for a good part of that game, something the Hawks never had in Carolina last week.

You can play that game all day.

After seeing last night's game, it's apparent to me nobody in the NFC was going to touch Carolina.

12thbrah

Reaction score
In reality, we should have won the #5 seed, beaten the Redskins in the wild card, trounced the Cards in Glendale and then played the Panthers in the NFC title game.

NINEster

Reaction score
kearly":122ciltb said:
I wonder if a QB has ever produced 6 turnovers in a conference championship game before?

I think Carolina is deserving of a Lombardi. But I don't know if I've ever seen a team face less resistance to a championship. Not only did they play the league's easiest schedule, the few tough opponents they faced all had issues. They played the Packers during their slump. They played the Seahawks during their 4th quarter meltdown phase without Bobby Wagner. They played the Seahawks at 10am with bad cleats, and they played Arizona just in time for the Cardinals to play their worst game since 58-0. And now, they face a SB opponent with a QB who had the worst passer rating in the NFL among starting QBs.

I like Carolina, but seeing their path to a SB has been frustrating to watch because it feels like they have been gifted so much of their success. The irony is that the last time we saw a team like this was the 2005 Seahawks, who faced the league's easiest schedule and got favorable matchups in the playoffs, including a Panthers team that crapped themselves in the NFCCG. The Panthers even get to face a top defense with a game manager QB in the SB just like the 2005 Hawks did. But unlike 2005, the officials won't intervene and I expect the Panthers to win. I guess I should be happy for their success, but I'm still bitter about how the divisional round game started.

As for Arizona... wow did this team look bad over their last 3 games. It's amazing how much the offense tanks when Palmer is only 90% healthy.

The Cardinals were much more alive at halftime than Seattle was. Yet Seattle roared back into the game, while the Cardinals imploded. It just shows you how impressive Seattle's mental toughness is, even when compared to the best teams in the NFL it is on a special level.

This is the biggest compliment I could pay the Seattle Seahawk team under Pete Carroll.

Without this, the Seahawks are nowhere near the monster they are, and would have had their ass kicked at least a few times over the last four years.

And yet, as far as point differential is concerned we haven't seen it yet.

It's really bizarre.

Don't worry, the NFC West will have at it with the NFC South next year. A lot of revenge games coming up.

253hawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3b56fo7u said:
253hawk":3b56fo7u said:
The Cardinals scored more points against Carolina in the playoffs last year...with Drew Stanton.

Well, Brucie? Were you "not even trying", like week 17?

Even worse.. Ryan Lindley

Ah, right. I forgot Stanton was already the starter and got hurt right before the playoffs.

Latest posts