Can't lie, I gave up

Jake Hawks

Reaction score
When the score became 21 to 0, I stood up and didnt sit back down except for commercials. Sure enough, the Hawks began their comeback right after I decided to stand up for the rest of the game.

DYLcurry59

Reaction score
The only point where I almost gave up was the awful interception on the first and goal at the 3. I thought we had blown our chance on a comeback there the way our run defense was playing. I thought Tampa would go on a time consuming drive, kick a FG and leave us down by 10 with not enough time to left.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Closed my stream and focused more intently on my work when things went pear shaped at 21-0, but kept glued to the NFL Gameday tracker. My gut felt like we were going to lose, but I kept a bit of hope on reserve, thanks to seeing so many recent wins snatched from the jaws of defeat by this simply amazing and resilient team. I started tuning back in a bit into the third quarter. It was not until midway in the fourth that I not only felt we could win, but that we would, in fact, win. That is a really weird feeling when your team is down a TD in the waning moments of the fourth quarter, and the only hope is a magical performance from your QB and RB, but that is the state of things for at least *this* Seahawks fan.

HawkHack

Reaction score
The frustrating thing is that we play this way against GREAT teams AND against (Not-So-Great) teams.

Not that TB is an awful team like Jacksonville.

But still, it'd be nice to have a few more wins like we had against Jax. Just for sanity's sake.

Meedsy

Reaction score
Jake Hawks":12a9lovm said:
When the score became 21 to 0, I stood up and didnt sit back down except for commercials. Sure enough, the Hawks began their comeback right after I decided to stand up for the rest of the game.

Great call. This is exactly what I did after it was 21-0. I stood for every offensive and defensive snap and made machine gun sounds and motions towards the TV and did a little machine gun dance between downs shooting my guns into the air. It was pretty ridiculous but my 3 year old daughter loved it! She started copying me for the 4th quarter and overtime! My wife thought we were both ridiculous!

My buddy texted me at 21-0 and said "wtf we look terrible....season lost" I said " we do look bad but have faith my brother...". It was weird but I was just wondering how we were going to win. I didn't really doubt we would, just wondered how it was going to play out....

Meedsy

Reaction score
Later on the same buddy texted me back after the game saying "maybe it IS destiny...." I felt like telling him "no, it's the machine guns!" but instead I told him " oh it is!"

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I thought we had a 50/50 chance at BEST to win when it was 21-0. I knew we'd comeback some and make it a relatively close game, because we flat-out do not get blown out by anyone, but man, I was depressed for a good, long while. Never stopped watching or hoping, though. This win was uglier than Hitler's black heart, but a win it was.

BleedGreenNblue

Reaction score
In Russell we trust. Seems like we can't make anything happen until the games on the line. It's a very strange trend

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Erebus":mc6hvr9o said:
I miss the days of 50 burgers last year. They are much better for my blood pressure.

I'm starting to think that stretch of Arizona, Buffalo, and SF last season was BAD for this fanbase. Ruined a lot of people's ability to appreciate any win, and raised expectations to unrealistic levels. I mean, there's a reason that the pundits had to break out the record books and hop into the wayback machine to find a 3-game stretch like that from any other NFL team... it's because it almost never happens. But there are a lot of Seahawks fans now that think a 50+ point game against a team with a bad record is SUPPOSED to happen.

Now, this season, we've beaten the 49ers by 26, and that was big. And we beat the Jags while posting 45 points - and the Jags are a legitimately bad team. But the other teams we've faced just aren't the scrubs that some folks make them out to be. The Titans and Cardinals are both in the playoff races for their conferences, and both have strong Ds. The Texans just gave the Colts all they could handle (did that game look familiar to anyone?), and were pegged as a SB contender at the start of the season. The Bucs were talked about as playoff contenders at the start of the season, as well, so even though their record is abysmal, that's not a team that is devoid of talent. Carolina is a very good team, now that the coach has pulled his head out of his ass.

It's time we recognize that wins are rarely easy in the NFL, and that having an 8-1 record at this point in the season is an outstanding accomplishment. Yes, there are issues our team is facing that we should be concerned about, and we can always hope for improvement... but let's quit pretending that any NFL game should be a cakewalk. Let's quit pretending that a 50+ point outburst should somehow be the norm.

SilkMonkey

Reaction score
I was rapidly losing hope after 21-0. I think it would have broken if they got another TD (28-0). As it was I don't think I quit...but I got pretty close. When we piss away opportunities and shoot ourselves in the foot repeatedly and decide to not do what we are built to do...I have a hard time not exploding tom cable style and putting hands around necks.

Felt good to win anyway. 8-1 and some tough games coming up. If our deficiencies haven't been bared to the world before they have now.

Veilside

Reaction score
volsunghawk":1zintf49 said:
Erebus":1zintf49 said:
I miss the days of 50 burgers last year. They are much better for my blood pressure.

I'm starting to think that stretch of Arizona, Buffalo, and SF last season was BAD for this fanbase. Ruined a lot of people's ability to appreciate any win, and raised expectations to unrealistic levels. I mean, there's a reason that the pundits had to break out the record books and hop into the wayback machine to find a 3-game stretch like that from any other NFL team... it's because it almost never happens. But there are a lot of Seahawks fans now that think a 50+ point game against a team with a bad record is SUPPOSED to happen.

Now, this season, we've beaten the 49ers by 26, and that was big. And we beat the Jags while posting 45 points - and the Jags are a legitimately bad team. But the other teams we've faced just aren't the scrubs that some folks make them out to be. The Titans and Cardinals are both in the playoff races for their conferences, and both have strong Ds. The Texans just gave the Colts all they could handle (did that game look familiar to anyone?), and were pegged as a SB contender at the start of the season. The Bucs were talked about as playoff contenders at the start of the season, as well, so even though their record is abysmal, that's not a team that is devoid of talent. Carolina is a very good team, now that the coach has pulled his
head out of his ass.

It's time we recognize that wins are rarely easy in the NFL, and that having an 8-1 record at this point in the season is an outstanding accomplishment. Yes, there are issues our team is facing that we should be concerned about, and we can always hope for improvement... but let's quit pretending that any NFL game should be a cakewalk. Let's quit pretending that a 50+ point outburst should somehow be the norm.

This is an excelent post that everyone should read and remember.

DaveKrieg

Reaction score
I never totally gave up but I got mad... cursing footstomping mad... my wife sat on the couch calm as could be. "Settle down" she says... "In Russ we trust" she says...

I decided that my new camo Seahawks hat was to blame so I tossed it aside...

I'm relieved but so ashamed of my behavior.

My wife says it will be OK if I pick up the hat now. I'm not so sure.

Tokadub

Reaction score
Proud to say I never gave up! It's more like a statistical thing with me. I knew if we went into halftime 21-0 our % chance to win would be EXTREMELY low. But still not impossible given an interception or fumble recovery could be just around the corner on any defensive play.

Going into the half down 21-7 I felt a little better about our chances but still knew we could very easily lose the game.

Kept my faith in our win the whole time, but it did really stress me out. And it's never a good thing to think you very likely COULD lose against an 0-7 team at home.

Seahawk Mike

Reaction score
I was mostly concerned that Marshawn was on the sideline and they didn't really say why for a while...

Even the announcers noted that even when they were down by 21...there was no sign of panic on the Seahawk sideline...some confused looks of course but no panic.

Ninerg

Reaction score
rideaducati":1ru8veyr said:
I came here expecting a whiner fan post or two at halftime, maybe they know better by now. I think Carolina beats them next week.

Thankfully, Pete didn't brain-fart and try an onside kick of his own.

Whiner fan here. I knew you guys were going to come back and win. There's a reason why Tampa Bay is 0-8. Teams like TB, Rams, Texans etc., they are masters at finding ways to lose. Those are the teams Seattle is struggling with right now. The NFL gave up guys a cupcake schedule and you're having immense difficulty with weak teams, teams with a combined record of 5-19.

To me the Seahawks are leaking oil big time. And oh BTW, Carolina will not beat the Niners.

chawx

Reaction score
Ninerg":b0cq5jm4 said:
rideaducati":b0cq5jm4 said:
I came here expecting a whiner fan post or two at halftime, maybe they know better by now. I think Carolina beats them next week.

Thankfully, Pete didn't brain-fart and try an onside kick of his own.

Whiner fan here. I knew you guys were going to come back and win. There's a reason why Tampa Bay is 0-8. Teams like TB, Rams, Texans etc., they are masters at finding ways to lose. Those are the teams Seattle is struggling with right now. The NFL gave up guys a cupcake schedule and you're having immense difficulty with weak teams, teams with a combined record of 5-19.

To me the Seahawks are leaking oil big time. And oh BTW, Carolina will not beat the Niners.

We may be "leaking oil" right now, but the problems are all fixable. If we're going to have issues, now is the time to have them. I'm never scared or sweatin' with this team, we always find a way to be there in the end, no matter how the start goes—that's championship spirit right there. I, for one, can't WAIT for December 8th! In fact, I want the Niners right now, even with 3/5th our OL out, even with Rice out and Harvin as a "maybe"....that way there's no excuses for you guys when we take you out to the woodshed in your own backyard. :thfight7:

White Knight

Reaction score
A scheduling difference of 2 games makes a cupcake schedule? Not hardly.

Every team has issues. The Seahawks aren't playing well overall, but are still winning. Luckily for us, the playoffs haven't started yet. Should be a fun second half of the season and playoff run!!

Go Hawks!

Oh, and I admit I was THISCLOSE to being a bummed out person thinking the game was over. I must learn to always keep the faith

Latest posts