Camp Fights

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Not taking a stance either way as we don't have the info to make a judgement (except to note that Clark's discipline was very minimal for someone who egregiously punched a team mate).

Let me put it this way. What hurts the team worse, Ifedi ending Clark's season by targeting his knee, or Clark taking Ifedi out for a few practices by punching him. Both are bad, but if Ifedi was targeting knees in camp, then Clark's action is understandable.

If it was nothing more than verbal sparring and clean, physical play from Ifedi, then Clark should have had a significantly greater punishment. It's weird that he didn't, and makes me think there is more to the story than simple retaliation for verbal and clean physical jousting.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
two dog":1gyk9wzk said:
I liked reading in the Seattle times the next day how coach Peterson handles fights
at the University of Washington.
He makes them hold hands and walk once around the field. He calls it "lovers lane".

Not sure that would work with Clark and Ifedi though. They might kill each other
before they made it around the field.

It was stupid though. I know of nothing good that ever came from clocking a teammate.

Well, you see what they did to Clark right? Made him basically sit out until Ifedi was able to practice again.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Bobblehead":1dpzxli2 said:
two dog":1dpzxli2 said:
I liked reading in the Seattle times the next day how coach Peterson handles fights
He makes them hold hands and walk once around the field. He calls it "lovers lane".

Not sure that would work with Clark and Ifedi though. They might kill each other

It was stupid though. I know of nothing good that ever came from clocking a teammate.

Well, you see what they did to Clark right? Made him basically sit out until Ifedi was able to practice again.

How confident are you that it wasn't the other way around?

hawknation2017

Reaction score
kidhawk":1oxln7nu said:
I find it quite odd that so many fans are blaming Ifedi for getting under his skin, while not throwing a punch, coaches and teammates all seem to be in agreement that it was Clark who crossed the line.

I'm not saying that Ifedi is an innocent angel in all this, I just find it interesting how many fans are 180 degrees from the team's viewpoint.

I read somewhere that there was some physical contact instigated by Ifedi; that he ran into a drill he wasn't participating in at the time and knocked over some defensive players. Both acted stupidly. Both were held out of practices as punishment. The end.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":60ecddo7 said:
Bobblehead":60ecddo7 said:
two dog":60ecddo7 said:

How confident are you that it wasn't the other way around?

Well Ifedi was hurt and couldn't practice.. besides, it's what Clayton said... my confidence reaches only as far as what Clayton said.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Clark had a knee injury after running drills against Ifedi (could be entirely unrelated). It is entirely possible that Ifedi was being held out until Clark could return. We see which one looked more injured today.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Anyone here think far too much has been made of the fight ? To me the latest big news of a Clark team apology a bow should be put on this and it's finished. Lots about this story that is untold and officially not worth knowing.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2ek4pqfl said:
Anyone here think far too much has been made of the fight ? To me the latest big news of a Clark team apology a bow should be put on this and it's finished. Lots about this story that is untold and officially not worth knowing.

That's about the way I see it...

mikeak

Reaction score
somebody is pushing you and you flip around and hit him or similar is one thing (still bad don't get me wrong and should be suspended)

Coming from behind "pre-meditated", has a second or two to think about it then punches him

Yeah that is bad in every book out there

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Seymour":1z1fv3cd said:
I don't think we need to backup at all. It is now being described as a sucker punch thrown by Clark, and after an altercation that did not even involve them.

If that is the case I'm going to overdrive. Sucker punching your own teammate (if it proves to be true) is out of control rage, and Frankly Frank....it is quite chicken shit.

I stand by my original assessment.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Ifedi indeed has been in a lot of fights over the past two years with multiple DL. He has kind of a dirty rep at practice.

That said, Clark is off his fricken rocker with that kind of a launching sucker punch. That was a seriously bitch move.

Pictures at fieldgulls if you haven't seen them.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Serious questions to all that are willing to condemn Clark for his role in this.

Is it your stance that punching someone, sucker punch or otherwise, is just plain wrong? Would the punch be ok in your eyes, if it had not been labeled a sucker punch? Is there really such a thing as a "fair" fight?
Are you against physical violence in any form?

I'm curious because the fact of the matter is, we don't know why that punch was thrown.
I mentioned up thread that everyone has "a line" that they don't want crossed.

Why are any of us willing to hate on Clark without the whole story?

I'm not supporting Clark in this, I'm simply not willing condemn him for it, yet.

Again, I'm not willing to hurt a person for stealing my bicycle but I'd probably kill that person for molesting my child.

We don't know what happened or how far back it goes.
We are convicting Clark without a fair trial.

I don't like one bit that this happened, don't get me wrong.
I am surprised that we are being so intolerant without knowing the "rest of the story"

vin.couve12

Reaction score
It's obvious that Ifedi has been a target of many punches from many DL for a reason.

The sucker punch is what does it though. Ifedi probably deserves to get his arse beat, but sucker punches are just low.

Now, I will say that if Ifedi was doing something to another player who was also in an indefensible position then screw him...let him get blasted in the head...

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Exactly. Sucker punch is an act of cowardice and I don't need to hear the reason why either. Threatening or harming his family is the only justification, and that didn't happen.

I will go 1 step further and say his rage and temper make me suspect the abuse allegations a bit more.

chris98251

Reaction score
So this era of stomping people versus man to man fights in the past isn't, or drive by's because you know you will get your ass kicked?

Morel's and Honor are not prevalent in todays society, have not been for close to 50 or 60 years especially in high population areas.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
If that's the case then you could go back to the old west and say the same thing. I don't see much difference between gangs and posses then vs now, but that ain't the point.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Still trying to figure out in what world a sucker punch, let alone punching a teammate is ok?
Doesn't make you a tough guy. Makes you a chicken Sh

mikeak

Reaction score
pmedic920":2p3xkz3e said:
Serious questions to all that are willing to condemn Clark for his role in this.

Is it your stance that punching someone, sucker punch or otherwise, is just plain wrong? Would the punch be ok in your eyes, if it had not been labeled a sucker punch? Is there really such a thing as a "fair" fight?
Are you against physical violence in any form?
"

You start arguing about something, he pushes you, you push back - and it escalates from there and a punch is thrown.

Obviously not good, obviously can't have it between team mates in the long run, BUT there was two people that came to the dance and either one of them could have de-escalated the situation. I am not going to "condemn" the one that hit a punch that probably could have been landed by either

That is very different from

Running up from behind and clocking someone straight in the face is just wrong

getting pushed on the field and just turning around and punching them in the face

just wrong

Latest posts