C Mike traded to Dallas for Conditional 7th rounder

Bprez3

Reaction score
I really don't understand. Why people are posting in defense of C-Mike, and acting as the Hawks made this huge blunder in trading him. Did you buy his jersey, have him as a keeper on your fantasy team, or both? I really don't understand the C-Mike love fest.

PS - If it's that you are upset they got a conditional 7th rd pick. Please see Montee Ball

seahawksTopGear

Reaction score
Bprez3":1xwqs8ub said:
I really don't understand. Why people are posting in defense of C-Mike, and acting as the Hawks made this huge blunder in trading him. Did you buy his jersey, have him as a keeper on your fantasy team, or both? I really don't understand the C-Mike love fest.

PS - If it's that you are upset they got a conditional 7th rd pick. Please see Montee Ball

There has to be more than what can be seen from outside. The trade is indeed baffling.

If we had cut CM we would have $208,533 in dead money with a cap saving of $711,766. Instead by trading him we take $417,066 in dead money and cap saving is only $503,233. What about the pick? We are never going to see that conditional 7th pick so it is not worth taking it into account.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Bprez3":1ebnl8pb said:

I agree ,what did CM ever do?He had 3 freaking years and never did zilch.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
There's a chance Michael will become awesome in Dallas, but some people are putting so much value on him there that it seems like a sure thing to them.

There was so much buzz in this forum about trading him, but that must have been because people were overvaluing him greatly. A lot of fans talk who talk about trading the players of their team tend to overvalue the player.

For this to be catastrophic, the Seahawks would have to lose to Dallas and be a game short of something critical because of Michael, and/or they'd lose to them in the playoffs because of Michael. The first one is a lot more probable, since the second requires both teams to make the playoffs and the right things to happen after that.

Michael's presence over who would most likely be in his place likely won't have much impact on the Seahawks. It's the thought that he could that really bother some people.

marko358

Reaction score
bigDhawk":3iubpbtz said:
warden":3iubpbtz said:
It does not matter what Cristine does in Dallas, he wasn't doing anything here.

It will matter if CMike helps Dallas knock us out of the playoffs. There was just no upside in trading him to Dallas for a conditional late 7th round pick. It would have been better just to cut him and let him land on some high-waiver-wire, bottom-feeding AFC team.
There were no waiver claims for RBs. There was no market for him.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":3e6izea9 said:
This is all part of the master plan .

If we see the Cowboys in the playoffs , we can chalk up atleast 1 fumble by C Mike
Cowboys are not making the playoffs. They had a pattycake schedule last year and had some tremendous breaks along the way. Great offense, crap defense and crap special teams.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Hey we got a 7rd pick for a guy we should have probably cut. The fact that he was drafted in 2nd round has no bearing now. If this guy would be a threat on another team why would we ever trade him? We could put him on the 9ers and it would not bother me . I do like to see he is leaving in a classy way. Not everyone works out. Some are better suited to different systems. Here he did not fit. I have no doubt the coaching staff did everything they could to make it work. It didn't. Why take a roster spot for a guy that just never caught one despite his "potential". And for those saying "only a 7th rounder" I would look at where we like to draft. We seem to do better in the later rounds than earlier ones (typically).

djb28

Reaction score
That is funny. I traded him away last week in Madden . Who should I get rid of next!?

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":36c7x9ui said:
Hey we got a 7rd pick for a guy we should have probably cut. The fact that he was drafted in 2nd round has no bearing now. If this guy would be a threat on another team why would we ever trade him? We could put him on the 9ers and it would not bother me . I do like to see he is leaving in a classy way. Not everyone works out. Some are better suited to different systems. Here he did not fit. I have no doubt the coaching staff did everything they could to make it work. It didn't. Why take a roster spot for a guy that just never caught one despite his "potential". And for those saying "only a 7th rounder" I would look at where we like to draft. We seem to do better in the later rounds than earlier ones (typically).

The sunk cost fallacy applies 100% to where players were drafted. It shouldn't even be a thought on whether or not to keep a player if it isn't working out.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Cowboys fans today be talkin and getting excited about C-Mike like Hawks fans were back in 2013. Lmao

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
Guess a lot of folks here are forgetting the NFL is a business. Why cut someone for nothing when you can at least get a little something in return via trade. Maybe I am in the minority but I know if the Hawks do what they should do then it wont matter what the other teams accomplish we will still win the #1 seed in the NFC. I hope the change of scenery does him good as he just wasn't getting the whole picture here.

kearly

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2e6l4j24 said:
Dont forget a divisional rival like the Cardinals could have snatched him off waivers.

In that light, a trade makes sense.

David Johnson is a very talented RB, and Andre Ellington is one of the best 3rd down backs in the league. I know they signed CJ2K as insurance, which looks bad, but they are not hurting for RB talent.

Their OL currently sucks really bad at run blocking though. I like Michael but I think he'd be doomed in Arizona.

ctrcat

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2vc856jr said:
EastCoastHawksFan":2vc856jr said:

If we see the Cowboys in the playoffs , we can chalk up atleast 1 fumble by C Mike
Cowboys are not making the playoffs. They had a pattycake schedule last year and had some tremendous breaks along the way. Great offense, crap defense and crap special teams.

Agree 100%. I'm shocked people are outraged over this trade so much moreso than the Norwood trade, throwing a team with a likely top 5 D and desperate current WR situation a bone. Not to mention Norwood has an extra year on his rookie deal, an ever so slightly less cap hit, had one less year to prove his worth, and on the surface doesn't seem to be quite the clown Michael does.

Kamcussionator

Reaction score
C Mike will not lead Dallas to the playoffs, because he will never see the field.

He was benched at A&M and he was benched here. He's coming into Dallas to compete for 3rd on the depth chart.

Be glad he's off our roster and stealing reps from young backs that CAN learn and get better.

For all you hand-wringers, here is a brief documentary of Michael's time here in Seattle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsROL4Kf8QY

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Tical21":3gdplyse said:
Luckily they don't have a QB, otherwise this would be not good.

I dunno, he suddenly got pretty good right about the time their OL started playing at all-world level. Pass rush used make him default to the dumb mode, but now he has time for a cigar and a mint julip.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
Kamcussionator":ce9bdpky said:
C Mike will not lead Dallas to the playoffs, because he will never see the field.

He was benched at A&M and he was benched here. He's coming into Dallas to compete for 3rd on the depth chart.

Be glad he's off our roster and stealing reps from young backs that CAN learn and get better.

For all you hand-wringers, here is a brief documentary of Michael's time here in Seattle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsROL4Kf8QY

One of the best posts of the summer. I cracked the hell up as soon as that clip loaded. :th2thumbs:

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3rqei41t said:
EastCoastHawksFan":3rqei41t said:

I hate the CowPies as much as the next guy, but there's a heap of wishful thinking backed up by rationalization in this post. They were good enough to beat us at home last season. They win their division easily. Who challenges them? Oh yeah, Philly with Bradford and Tebow?

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1j4e9s4e said:
I don't usually buy into the "don't help contenders" logic, but this is one situation where you're feeding them exactly what they need to beat you for negligible return. Dallas is just a talented runner away from having a juggernaut on offense, which also helps their defense. The fact that they slapped a "conditional" on it is an insult.

I would've thrown him on the wire or sat his butt on the bench and dropped an FB. He may flame out in Dallas but he has far more upside than the likes of Montee Ball, who has already proven his relative mediocrity. There's a reason why this transaction is getting hyped up in Dallas's favor and no one cares about Ball.

Yup, I understand the Hawks wanting to get rid of Michael because he hasn't applied himself, but to trading him to Dallas could very well backfire. He never fully understood/learned our ZBS, but perhaps Dallas' power-running scheme and all-universe OL will suit him better. The better blocking alone should help.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":270hgf6g said:
EastCoastHawksFan":270hgf6g said:

Great post!! I agree that Dallas might not make it this year.

Latest posts