C Mike traded to Dallas for Conditional 7th rounder

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
They aren't getting production from their backs.

He has to learn the offense but there is no way we don't see him by the end of the year in the playoffs unless we miss the matchup or we miss the playoffs*. By the time the playoffs roll around, I suspect they will be using him pretty regularly.

And behind that line, he has the potential (and now the incentive) to hurt us bad.

There is something to be said for assuring that you do not fill in the weakness of an opponent. Seahawk FO appears to have missed on that one. Would have been better to get almost nothing for the guy, instead of giving him to someone you are going to have to face in the playoffs that will be better for having him on the team.

The biggest problem Dallas had doing into the regular season this year was lack of production by the RBs. Which we just helped them out a ton on. Even if the guy cannot switch hands with the ball, they are going to be able to run for many more yards than they otherwise could.

(* See SB loser's curse on data for SB loser making it back to the playoffs the following year).

Laloosh

Reaction score
Jville":20gdyvf0 said:
*****Now with America's Team*****
[tweet]https://twitter.com/JacsonBevens/status/640582524461125632[/tweet]

Just sort of him in a nutshell... He flashes alright. Caption should read, "If Mr. T played football for Seattle".

Exittium

Reaction score
I think you all are panicking for no reason .. CMike.. the way our DBs try and strip while tackling he'll be their weak-link vs us.

Regardless, its unwarranted panicking "shrug" no loss

Schadie001

Reaction score
Honestly, I thought Rawls and Smith outplayed both Turbin and Michaels this preseason. Every time CMike was in the game I wanted so back for him to explode and do something. You have to be honest, he didn't impress. He didn't live up to all the hype we heard about him being awesome in practice. Unfortunately, when the tackling started CMike faded away to just another pretty average running back. Dallas has a good line, but Murray was a pretty special back. CMike is not.

HawkFan72

Reaction score

zhawk

Reaction score
I know his name is Christine, but can we all just say "Bye Felicia"? :1:

HawkMeat

Reaction score
Hmm. A 7th for c-mike. Yesterday we cooked up a 5th to get an undated db that had barely played in the nfl. Interesting.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Schadie001":209c7ss2 said:
Honestly, I thought Rawls and Smith outplayed both Turbin and Michaels this preseason. Every time CMike was in the game I wanted so back for him to explode and do something. You have to be honest, he didn't impress. He didn't live up to all the hype we heard about him being awesome in practice. Unfortunately, when the tackling started CMike faded away to just another pretty average running back. Dallas has a good line, but Murray was a pretty special back. CMike is not.

I saw our "pathetic" Oline open some decent lanes for C Michael to hit and he always chose the less traveled path ie:
he would hop and dance and then run into the back of a lineman on the other side of the line.

GODSPEED #33 GODSPEED. May God have mercy on your stupid ass.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
This is all part of the master plan .

If we see the Cowboys in the playoffs , we can chalk up atleast 1 fumble by C Mike

bigDhawk

Reaction score
warden":1chap36h said:
It does not matter what Cristine does in Dallas, he wasn't doing anything here.

It will matter if CMike helps Dallas knock us out of the playoffs. There was just no upside in trading him to Dallas for a conditional late 7th round pick. It would have been better just to cut him and let him land on some high-waiver-wire, bottom-feeding AFC team.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Looks like a 7th is the going rate for a young RB with lots of upside in this market.

Michael for a 7th, Terrence West just traded for a 7th, and Ball cut for nothing.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
I wish him well. He was a Texas guy and seemed headed there. I wonder if his desire to be in Dallas had impacted this move because we know how PC/JS wish these guys the best.

Christine Michael always got flack for not producing up to his potential on limited PT and for not switching hands when carrying the ball. He doesn't fumble as often as people think and despite being criticized as a poor receiver he made some difficult catches in the flat. I wonder how much of this is attributed to being buried as the 3rd back. Even AP had to overcome fumbling concerns despite being the featured back in Minny. CMike was no where near the fumbler we made him out to be.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
didn't think he would be worth more than a conditional 7th....who knows he may get cut before they can even cash in on that pick.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
brimsalabim":27xrlk92 said:
What are we going to do with all of these 7th round picks?

Try to find the next Malcolm Smith or JR Sweezy. And that's the round the Seahawks can draft guys that they didn't feel they would have a good shot to sign as an UDFA.

kearly

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":of4agovv said:
The 2013 Draft Revisited

(1) traded for Percy Harvin
(2) Christine Michael
(3) Jordan Hill
(4) Chris Harper
(5) Jesse Williams
(5) Tharold Simon
(5) Luke Willson
(6) Spencer Ware
(7) Ryan Seymour
(7) Ty Powell
(7) Jared Smith
(7) Michael Bowie

They say that you need 4-5 years to grade a draft, but it seems like in Seattle's case the picture becomes clear in a year or two.

I totally understand the logic behind Harvin and Michael. Pete wanted to add explosiveness. Neither move worked out. It happens.

But even with those failures, it was still a decent draft especially when considering that the 2013 draft was famously low on talent. Jordan Hill is playing his way to a 2nd contract, Tharold Simon looks like he might take Maxwell's job at some point, Luke Willson has added a lot of value for a late 5th round pick, and Alvin Bailey (UDFA) has seen a lot of snaps.

On that note, the 2014 draft is starting to look sneaky good. Richardson, Britt, KPL, Marsh, Pinkins, Dion Bailey (UDFA), Coyle (UDFA), Gilliam (UDFA). Hopefully Pinkins makes it to the practice squad. Richardson showed serious promise as a rookie, and the rest of this group played well in the 2015 preseason.

Exittium

Reaction score
kearly":rujbux4o said:
Hasselbeck":rujbux4o said:
The 2013 Draft Revisited

(1) traded for Percy Harvin
(2) Christine Michael
(3) Jordan Hill
(4) Chris Harper
(5) Jesse Williams
(5) Tharold Simon
(5) Luke Willson
(6) Spencer Ware
(7) Ryan Seymour
(7) Ty Powell
(7) Jared Smith
(7) Michael Bowie

They say that you need 4-5 years to grade a draft, but it seems like in Seattle's case the picture becomes clear in a year or two.

I totally understand the logic behind Harvin and Michael. Pete wanted to add explosiveness. Neither move worked out. It happens.

But even with those failures, it was still a decent draft especially when considering that the 2013 draft was famously low on talent. Jordan Hill is playing his way to a 2nd contract, Tharold Simon looks like he might take Maxwell's job at some point, Luke Willson has added a lot of value for a late 5th round pick, and Alvin Bailey (UDFA) has seen a lot of snaps.

On that note, the 2014 draft is starting to look sneaky good. Richardson, Britt, KPL, Marsh, Pinkins, Dion Bailey (UDFA), Coyle (UDFA), Gilliam (UDFA). Hopefully Pinkins makes it to the practice squad. Richardson showed serious promise as a rookie, and the rest of this group played well in the 2015 preseason.

He did :th2thumbs:

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I don't usually buy into the "don't help contenders" logic, but this is one situation where you're feeding them exactly what they need to beat you for negligible return. Dallas is just a talented runner away from having a juggernaut on offense, which also helps their defense. The fact that they slapped a "conditional" on it is an insult.

I would've thrown him on the wire or sat his butt on the bench and dropped an FB. He may flame out in Dallas but he has far more upside than the likes of Montee Ball, who has already proven his relative mediocrity. There's a reason why this transaction is getting hyped up in Dallas's favor and no one cares about Ball.

Latest posts