Buy or Sell: Seahawks edition

DavidSeven

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":2vvdh1hb said:
What? I thought it was a good question. Only 1 out of 4 QB's start all 16 games in any given season. Geez!

This isn't even close to being true.

MissoulaHawk

Reaction score
Buy. Give me JAX in week 3 with 5 false starts.

Buy/Sell: By the end of week 16 action, the 49ers will be outside striking distance to catch us for the NFCW crown.

themunn

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":2gjb5mly said:
DavidSeven":2gjb5mly said:
SalishHawkFan":2gjb5mly said:
What? I thought it was a good question. Only 1 out of 4 QB's start all 16 games in any given season. Geez!

This isn't even close to being true.
You're right, by week 11 of last year it was already only 1 in 5.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... --nfl.html

100% of offensive snaps. And doesn't include injury.

That means Matt Flynn coming in against Arizona, hand the ball off against Buffalo and take a knee against San Francisco means Russell Wilson only played 13 full games by that logic.

the following QBs started 16 games last year:

Russell Wilson
Peyton Manning
Drew Brees
Josh Freeman
Sam Bradford
Eli Manning
Joe Flacco
Matt Ryan
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Cam Newton
Aaron Rodgers
Christian Ponder
Matthew Stafford
Matt Schaub
Tony Romo
Philip Rivers
Tom Brady
Brandon Weeden
Andrew Luck
Andy Dalton
Ryan Tannehill

21 players/teams

The following teams made QB changes based on ability over injury:

Jacksonville
New York Jets
Arizona

The following 2 made decisions based on ability/potential with injury as the instigator

San Francisco
Oakland

Only 6 teams had QBs legitimately miss starts through injury:

Pittsburgh
Philadelphia
Tennessee
Washington
Kansas City
Chicago

themunn

Reaction score
BirdsCommaAngry":142zsx4d said:
Buy or Sell: The Seahawks won't lead the league in a single yard or point per game statistic by season's end.

Sell Sell SELL

The Hawks will lead the league in EVERY yard and point per game statistically by seasons end, offensively, defensively... even on special teams! :179422:

AgentDib

Reaction score
The Hawks will lead the league in EVERY yard and point per game statistically by seasons end, offensively, defensively... even on special teams!
If you are playing with a lead then your best chance of winning may involve surrendering more yards than normal. I would love to see our defense give up a lot of yards in garbage time this year if it means that our offense is excelling.

themunn

Reaction score
AgentDib":hyasw0ug said:
The Hawks will lead the league in EVERY yard and point per game statistically by seasons end, offensively, defensively... even on special teams!
If you are playing with a lead then your best chance of winning may involve surrendering more yards than normal. I would love to see our defense give up a lot of yards in garbage time this year if it means that our offense is excelling.

I don't understand how that could possibly be true. Your best chance of winning is to get the ball back ASAP and run out the clock with a stellar running game that really takes over as the game winds on and the defensive players get tired