Buy or Sell: Seahawks edition

Lady Talon

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3d789y9y said:
Buy or Sell - Luke Wilson takes the 2nd TE job away from McCoy (personally, I'm selling)

Buy. Luke's my adopt a rookie so i have to homer for him. If he can block better then McCoy, he has the measurables, and he seems intelligent enough from his interviews. If the kid shows superior talent Bevell will have no problem scheming to his strengths.

Buy or Sell:

Heath Evans picks the Seahawks to win ANY road games in 2013.

OP
OP
Recon_Hawk

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Lady Talon":l204hrnw said:
Buy or Sell:

Buy. Even haters are jumping on the Seahawks bandwagon and a convincing week 1 win at Carolina we show right away we are not a homefield only team. I think we split the away games and go 4-4.

Buy or Sell:

Sweezy is the week 1 starter at RG.

A London Hawk

Reaction score
Buy. Another offseason with Cable I think he has a good chance to lock that spot down.

Sell: Spencer Ware starts a (late season) game at fullback.

NYCoug

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":3giv14p8 said:
Lady Talon":3giv14p8 said:
Buy or Sell:

Buy. Even haters are jumping on the Seahawks bandwagon and a convincing week 1 win at Carolina we show right away we are not a homefield only team. I think we split the away games and go 4-4.

Buy or Sell:

Sweezy is the week 1 starter at RG.

Buy. Sweezy and Carpenter provide the 2013 Hawks with the consistency they lacked on the inside at times last season. Both breakout and blossom, in Carpenter's case into a Pro Bowler, and in Sweezy's case a future Pro Bowler (future being next season).

Buy or Sell:

Bruce Irvin gets some looks at SAM and even intercepts a pass in coverage.

OP
OP
Recon_Hawk

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
A London Hawk":2gjmecgh said:
Sell: Spencer Ware starts a (late season) game at fullback.
Buy. We keep 5 RBs on the roster this year with Ware being the 5th guy. MikeRob will sit out a game w/ injury allowing Spencer to play.

NYCoug":2gjmecgh said:
Buy or Sell:
Bruce Irvin gets some looks at SAM and even intercepts a pass in coverage.
Sell. I don't think KJ Wright got even one interception last year and he was the full-time starting SAM. I'm very excited, though, to see how Pete and Quinn put together this LEO/SAM role.

Buy or Sell:

Bruce Irvin gets 11 sacks or more in the season (he had 8 last year).

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":2csuy5d8 said:
Bruce Irvin gets 11 sacks or more in the season (he had 8 last year).

I'll buy that. I think, given a stronger D-line this season and more penetration from interior linemen, he'll just have more opportunities.

Buy or Sell: We will block more kicks (punts, fieldgoals, x-points) than last year.

Atradees

Reaction score
Buy or Sell: We will block more kicks (punts, fieldgoals, x-points) than last year.

Sell: they are rare. Tha MonstR and Red together should be powerful.

Buy or Sell:
the Hawks lead the NFL in interceptions

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Buy or Sell:
the Hawks lead the NFL in interceptions

Buy. With an improved pass rush, the team that has finished 4th and 8th in interceptions the past two years should have a good chance to rise to the top in that category.

Buy//Sell: Brady Quinn starts a game due to injury this season.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
What? I thought it was a good question. Only 1 out of 4 QB's start all 16 games in any given season. Geez!

themunn

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":qenaiure said:

I'll sell that, Wilson is too elusive to take a really big hit, and he does well to avoid contact in the open field.

Also, I have no idea where that 1/4 stat comes from, it's as if someone has taken the average number of starts by starting QBs over several years and because several QBs have one season where they miss 3/4 games, has equated that to 3/4 seasons with less than 16 starts or something.

Most of the QBs that miss 1/2 games are injury prone too such as Roethlisberger and Cutler.

Buy/Sell: Golden Tate ends the 2013 seasona above Sidney Rice on the depth chart (not due to injury)

JerHawk81

Reaction score
themunn":165oqmel said:
Buy/Sell: Golden Tate ends the 2013 seasona above Sidney Rice on the depth chart (not due to injury)

Sell. Rice fills a very different role than Tate, and probably provides are more stereotypical fit. I don't know if Tate will outperform or outproduce Rice, but I don't see Tate overtaking Rice on the depth chart for a prolonged period.

Buy/Sell: Lynch leads the league in those silly new 'crown of the helmet' penalties.

getnasty

Reaction score
themunn":2bo2uhmy said:
SalishHawkFan":2bo2uhmy said:

I'll sell that, Wilson is too elusive to take a really big hit, and he does well to avoid contact in the open field.

Also, I have no idea where that 1/4 stat comes from, it's as if someone has taken the average number of starts by starting QBs over several years and because several QBs have one season where they miss 3/4 games, has equated that to 3/4 seasons with less than 16 starts or something.

Most of the QBs that miss 1/2 games are injury prone too such as Roethlisberger and Cutler.

I'll buy that, Golden has great chemistry with Russell. Plus he has gotten better every year and expext him to continue.
Buy/Sell: Walter Thrummond plays more then 10 games this year

MLTHawk

Reaction score
getnasty":435rdgho said:

I buy it. I think this is a make, or break year for Walter Thurmond. He will be motivated to last the season. I guarantee he is doing everthing possible this offseason to be ready to go. He will stay healthy.

Buy/Sell: The 12th man will create an average of over 3 false starts per game this season.

ARhawk

Reaction score
JerHawk81":7xprbca5 said:
themunn":7xprbca5 said:

Sell. Rice fills a very different role than Tate, and probably provides are more stereotypical fit. I don't know if Tate will outperform or outproduce Rice, but I don't see Tate overtaking Rice on the depth chart for a prolonged period.

Buy/Sell: Lynch leads the league in those silly new 'crown of the helmet' penalties.

Sell. It really depends on how they are going to call it. I dont think Lynch leads with his head very much anyway. Or at least not enough for him to lead the league.

Buy/Sell: We line up in more of a 4-2-5 defense, with Winfield almost like a linebacker, more often than we line up in the usual 4-3

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
MLTHawk":23zexqvo said:
getnasty":23zexqvo said:

I buy it. I think this is a make, or break year for Walter Thurmond. He will be motivated to last the season. I guarantee he is doing everthing possible this offseason to be ready to go. He will stay healthy.

Buy/Sell: The 12th man will create an average of over 3 false starts per game this season.

Sell. I don't know what an average year is, but seeing as we are in the low 100's since they started tracking it, 24 in one year seems high. could be wrong, though.

As for Tate outperforming Rice, according to Football Outsiders, Tate had the 4th best DVOA and Rice came in 12th, so Tate has already outperformed Rice.

Buy/Sell: Irvin will lead the team in sacks this season.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":38q2cd2b said:
Buy/Sell: Irvin will lead the team in sacks this season.

Sell. Anytime it's [insert person] vs [insert field of competition] the field is almost always the more likely of the two. Look at it like this: If Irvin is in fact the most likely to lead the team in sacks, that'd still mean he only has like a 25-30% chance of achieving this versus like 20-25% chances for Avril and Clemons and 10-15% for Bennett. It might seem logical to 'buy' Irvin leading our team in sacks especially for those who believe his chances are individually the highest. I mean, a 25-30% chance is no doubt better than a 20-25% chance from his closest competitors but that's not what this instance is calling for. It's Irvin vs 'not Irvin' and if Irvin has a 25-30% chance, then 'not Irvin' has a 70-75% chance. Sell!

Buy or Sell: The Seahawks won't lead the league in a single yard or point per game statistic by season's end.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
BirdsCommaAngry":ka97a42y said:
Buy or Sell: The Seahawks won't lead the league in a single yard or point per game statistic by season's end.

Sell: I honestly think that they have a chance to repeat with lowest points per game allowed. If you're talking about offensively, I'd buy.

Buy or Sell: One of Seattle's opponents will have four or more false start penalties in a game at CenturyLink Field this year.

Latest posts