Bruno Mars to sing at Super Bowl half

-The Glove-

Reaction score
kearly":18hrs1ff said:
It seems like the NFL is getting further and further from the "NFL" demographic with each of their musical guests. A few years ago it was Black Eyed Peas. Then Madonna. But Bruno Mars? Is the audience going to be 90% high school girls or did I miss something?

I'd say that the next step would be Backstreet Boys, but Bruno Mars is probably a step past even Boy Bands.

Full disclosure: I respect Bruno Mars music and terribly miss the Backstreet Boys / N'Sync days. I am a sucker for manufactured pop.
What's the NFL demographic? I don't know any other sport that brings together so many different people from so many different walks of life. The only demographic they are still trying to draw in are women. Hence all the pop acts.

chris98251

Reaction score
Demographic is those with the butt loads of money and that buy high end merchandise and seats etc. That would typically be the 25 to 55 year olds, i'm being generous with 25 used to be 35 due to having disposable income.

That would be bands of the 70's 80's and 90's with a push. Madonna used it to kick off her tour, marketing wizard she is 55 million grossed on it, but the others meh. I am suprised Lady Gaga hasn't been asked.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
chris98251":3n4mdr28 said:
Demographic is those with the butt loads of money and that buy high end merchandise and seats etc. That would typically be the 25 to 55 year olds, i'm being generous with 25 used to be 35 due to having disposable income.

That would be bands of the 70's 80's and 90's with a push. Madonna used it to kick off her tour, marketing wizard she is 55 million grossed on it, but the others meh. I am suprised Lady Gaga hasn't been asked.
Ah I see...those guys will be there regardless. They're trying to bring in even more viewers that are not a part of that

HawkGA

Reaction score
Just posted this in the main forum. Definitely think Super Bowl news is Seahawks news this season! Go Hawks!

chris98251

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2hv2nwc0 said:
chris98251":2hv2nwc0 said:

Ah I see...those guys will be there regardless. They're trying to bring in even more viewers that are not a part of that

True it's about pumping ratings up so that the Network can charge more advertising dollars, half time and the commercial onslaught during that time is huge. Non Football fans will tune in to watch the show at least halftime.

rjdriver

Reaction score
JSeahawks":28jva8uh said:
kearly":28jva8uh said:
It seems like the NFL is getting further and further from the "NFL" demographic with each of their musical guests. A few years ago it was Black Eyed Peas. Then Madonna. But Bruno Mars? Is the audience going to be 90% high school girls or did I miss something?

I'd say that the next step would be Backstreet Boys, but Bruno Mars is probably a step past even Boy Bands.

Makes sense though. The NFL demographic will be watching anyway just because its the Super Bowl. They want to get as many of those Non-Nfl fans as possible to turn on their TV's.

Yep

I see Taylor Swift in the near future.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Well, at least the guy can actually sing, even if you don't like his music. He does have a good voice.

Axx

Reaction score
I wonder what happens to the ratings during these past half time shows
Surely they cant go up

Jville

Reaction score
kearly":8rhahxhk said:

Full disclosure: I respect Bruno Mars music and terribly miss the Backstreet Boys / N'Sync days. I am a sucker for manufactured pop.

I might not fit the demographis profile ...... but I wouldn't mind seeing his Elvis Presley impersonation.