Bruce Irvin

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I predict 3 sacks for him this weekend. I think he's going to go off. Starting his first game in his home town. Gonna be reppin and wreckin the dirty south.

hawker232

Reaction score
This will be a huge game for Bruce, not just cause it's in his hometown, but aso cause pass rush is going to be a HUGE factor. I bet we see new and creative blitz packages created in favor of Irvin.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
His team needs him more than ever. It is time to step up and do your part in winning a playoff game on the road.

If we win this game, we are going to win it all.

treefidy

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2zp8q2oo said:
I predict 3 sacks for him this weekend. I think he's going to go off. Starting his first game in his home town. Gonna be reppin and wreckin the dirty south.

I predict Matt Ryan throws for 650 yards and 6 TDs.

See. I can do it too...

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
treefidy":3w1vlnzl said:
JSeahawks":3w1vlnzl said:

See. I can do it too...

I predict we see your back up QB before the end of half.

vant

Reaction score
Bruce Irvin has been involved in removing 2 QBs from the game so far. Kolb & RG3.

Vaclav44

Reaction score
treefidy":c8gz679v said:
JSeahawks":c8gz679v said:

See. I can do it too...

I know you are but what am I?

HansGruber

Reaction score
treefidy":26ya6pq4 said:
JSeahawks":26ya6pq4 said:

See. I can do it too...

I sure hope he tries. Every pass into our secondary is a possible turnover, and the likelihood grows with each one of them.

Zabooni

Reaction score
I agree. I think he's more of a physical freak than Clem, just obviously no where near as refined. If he's learned enough and is able to play up to his potential he should have a fantastic game.

Think of it this way, IF our pass rush really abuses Matt Ryan is there any way you see the Hawks losing this?

Blitzer88

Reaction score
We need him to have a big game for us if we want a good chance to win on Sunday. If we can't get pressure on Matt than we are in for a long day.

Twisted

Reaction score
Blitzer88":t9eqbwcr said:
We need him to have a big game for us if we want a good chance to win on Sunday. If we can't get pressure on Matt than we are in for a long day.

why? just fill the gaps and cover receivers, whats Matt gonna do, run the ball himself? lol

the Falcons are no better at running than the 49ers

the important thing here is to just force long 3rd down situations and just wear them down as a team, as players, my Wheaties are better than your Wheaties.. :th2thumbs:

Twisted

Reaction score
Zabooni":1lp0vtzb said:
I agree. I think he's more of a physical freak than Clem, just obviously no where near as refined. If he's learned enough and is able to play up to his potential he should have a fantastic game.

Think of it this way, IF our pass rush really abuses Matt Ryan is there any way you see the Hawks losing this?

don't really even need to abuse him, just don't give him enough time for receivers to get open, force him into throwing some bad passes or hand the ball off it should be game on, their best 11 against Seattle's best 11 you have to like Seattle, I like that 3-4 swap they were using thrown into this game

also, contrary to belief the Falcons aren't playing the Eagles or the Bucs, the Saints or the Cowboys this Sunday, they're playing the HOTTEST team in the NFL playoffs, the only people that really need to know that are the Seahawks... ;)

mrblitz

Reaction score
it will be interesting to see if they line up or stunt irvin to the inside on any plays. from what little inside rushing that he's done so far; irvin is fairly effective.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
DutchHawk":2tgx69au said:
I expect the Falcons to run the ball right at him.....

The Falcons don't run the ball so much as give it to Turner for 2. I'm not worried. K.J. Wright has his back.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":33igaynk said:
mrblitz":33igaynk said:
it will be interesting to see if they line up or stunt irvin to the inside on any plays. from what little inside rushing that he's done so far; irvin is fairly effective.

I've noticed this same thing all year. When they rush Irvin outside, he's fairly ineffective, but when they stunt him inside he gets excellent pressure and can use his speed to better advantage. I'll be watching to see what they do with him.

Judging from Hasselbeck's post about the game post, they should find a way to get him into the middle.

hawker84

Reaction score
As sherman said on mic'd up.. you wanted more plays, now you got em.... let's see what you can do with them.