Bruce Irvin suspended

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
nbk35zw":1fxdp08w said:
This community seems unimpressed with Browner. And very few have bought into Irvin as a first round pick. so let them go.

So, let's go all in on the diamonds in the rough. Ty Powell, here we come.

Cut Browner, Sherman, and Irvin. show some balls.

H759747BC

Bakergirl

Reaction score
kearly":xc03tptb said:
Doesn't it stay in the bloodstream for a while? Could have been that all these PED events occurred a while ago and the positive test results are trickling in just recently. Seems to me like the damage is done, we just have to see how much more there is. Obviously, these guys aren't going to double down on Adderall tomorrow after seeing all these suspensions.

Half life of Adderall is 10 hours an adult bloodstream, but it can be detected 3-4 days after use by a urine test.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
kearly":sfeph20i said:
Doesn't it stay in the bloodstream for a while? Could have been that all these PED events occurred a while ago and the positive test results are trickling in just recently. Seems to me like the damage is done, we just have to see how much more there is. Obviously, these guys aren't going to double down on Adderall tomorrow after seeing all these suspensions.

Not sure but we don't know when he tested positive. Could have been last year. Didn't Cushing test positive for PEDs in the first couple weeks of his rookie season and wasn't suspended until the following season? I remember some writers wanted him to be stripped of his defensive rookie of the year award.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
bestfightstory":mu8x5asl said:
McGruff":mu8x5asl said:
Lets see . . . Bruceut on 20 pounds of muscle in three months with no sacrifice to speed or agility?

You guys really think this is adderall?

Good to see somebody is thinking clearly.
Assuming he JUST tested positive during the last week or so. That's a LARGE assumption because none of us have any idea when he tested positive. It could have been early in the season, not in the past couple days.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Bakergirl":3b9ugy52 said:
kearly":3b9ugy52 said:

Half life of Adderall is 10 hours an adult bloodstream, but it can be detected 3-4 days after use by a urine test.

The half life in an adults bloodstream has nothing to do with the lower limit of detection via a urine test.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
warden":itad03np said:
bestfightstory":itad03np said:
We don't KNOW it was Adderall. It could have been a specialty roids cocktail or a blunt or he could have been roofied by Moffitt.
We know nothing. It amazes me how strong the opinions are with such limited access to facts
QFT

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I personally don't really care too much about it. Bruce Irvin, while somewhat effective, wasn't anchoring the defense down or anything. I want the guy to have a great career, but I get the feeling that PC/JS aren't going to wait around for him to develop. These guys are not going to quit turning over stones on this pass rush. That's why they signed guys and that is why they drafted guys.

The bottom line to me is wins. Taking the division from the Niners and getting a home playoff game or two. I just don't think that Irvin's suspension has a big effect on that outcome. He effed up and is taking his lumps. I truly hope it becomes a point of motivation for him and makes his desire to succeed grow in bunches.

I am a little annoyed that after the Browner and Guy suspensions that Irvin messed with it. Young people only need to learn from their mistakes. Part of me thinks the Sherman thing put some focus on Seattle too, but as others have said, who knows when he failed the test. I would think that it wasn't all that long ago, otherwise it would have been out last season.

If he doesn't do it again, no big deal to me, but if the guy dabbles in this after getting popped? He isn't smart enough to make it.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
LoneHawkFan":c0l5dyn6 said:
when we strap up for week 5 this year we will have endured 8 out of our last 10 games with a starting defender suspended for Adderall use.
What? Is someone else being suspended that the rest of us don't know about yet?

Irvin is not a starter.

Largent80

Reaction score
Irvin will not make or break us, but this shit needs to stop and stop right NOW.

We are becoming the Seattle Armstrongs.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Lol, not to derail this thread but the NCAA is a joke IMO. A year ago or so they hit Boise State football for some violation that amounted to 63 players receiving benefits to the monetary value of $4,934. The monetary violation related to a housing issue and here is the kicker, BSU was working with the NCAA to resolve this issue for months but the NCAA alleged more violations a few days prior to a game against Oregon. The violations amounted to players allowing incoming recruits to sleep on their couches prior to enrollment during summer session.

In regards to USC, the NCAA spent 4 years with a fine tooth comb to nab Reggie Bush and vilified running backs assistant coach Todd McNaire who successfully sued the NCAA for lost future earnings. The entire episode reads as the NCAA investigators had an ax to grind against USC just to make an example out of them. I think whatever is going on with Oregon is similar and a joke as far as I'm concerned.

http://voices.idahostatesman.com/2011/0 ... eated_more

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... ZfA-LWyCSo

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-footba ... cious-ncaa

sc85sis

Reaction score
12th_Bob":znm4uxrc said:
Lol, not to derail this thread but the NCAA is a joke IMO. A year ago or so they hit Boise State football for some violation that amounted to 63 players receiving benefits to the monetary value of $4,934. The monetary violation related to a housing issue and here is the kicker, BSU was working with the NCAA to resolve this issue for months but the NCAA alleged more violations a few days prior to a game against Oregon. The violations amounted to players allowing incoming recruits to sleep on their couches prior to enrollment during summer session.

In regards to USC, the NCAA spent 4 years with a fine tooth comb to nab Reggie Bush and vilified running backs assistant coach Todd McNaire who successfully sued the NCAA for lost future earnings. The entire episode reads as the NCAA investigators had an ax to grind against USC just to make an example out of them. I think whatever is going on with Oregon is similar and a joke as far as I'm concerned.

McNair is the assistant coach to whom I referred above. His lawsuit is still ongoing. The judge made an initial ruling that there appeared to be cause for it to continue. He also said he would have the NCAA emails released pending the NCAA's right to appeal within thirty days. Unsurprisingly, they did appeal. So we are basically in hurry up and wait mode at this point.

As you can imagine, many USC alums, fans and the university itself are quite interested in the case. Of course, by the time it's all said and done, sanctions will probably be over.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
You're right, my mistake asserting that he has won anything more than allowing the case against the NCAA to continue. I do believe even if he doesn't "win" this lawsuit enough of the evidence presented from the NCAA's side will show them in a very negative light.

SE174

Reaction score
As has been previously mentioned but failed to be acknowledged by some people in this thread, adderall offers no benefit to adding muscle weight. It's a stimulant that improves, focus, energy and attention. If adderall was indeed what he took, he more than likely took it for the ATL game since he was thrust into a starter role and a lot more pressure/attention was focused on him. Clearly, it didn't help him.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
Well I would personally hope it was Adderoll if he was a Niner, and not something even worse.

Not sure why some on this board are trying to take ease in the possibility that it wasn't and that it could have been a steroid or common street drug. That wouldn't be better guys.

gargantual

Reaction score
sc85sis":245u61p3 said:
12th_Bob":245u61p3 said:

McNair is the assistant coach to whom I referred above. His lawsuit is still ongoing. The judge made an initial ruling that there appeared to be cause for it to continue. He also said he would have the NCAA emails released pending the NCAA's right to appeal within thirty days. Unsurprisingly, they did appeal. So we are basically in hurry up and wait mode at this point.

As you can imagine, many USC alums, fans and the university itself are quite interested in the case. Of course, by the time it's all said and done, sanctions will probably be over.
Other than just being too lazy to look it up (sorry :) ), does any of this mean that the findings or rulings or whatever that went against USC could get overturned in the future? Does it mean that the Championship(s?) that was/were invalidated will then be re-instated (or was that just Bush's Heisman?)? It's obvious they can't give back or make up for the other lost Bowl games and taken recruiting opportunities, but at least that would be SOMETHING. If nothing else - validation that they weren't ever crooked in the first place. As Hawks fans that would be nice to shut up all the "cheat" slings that get really old to hear.

Sorry state of affairs this happening if it was all unwarranted, but undeniably fascinating, in that driving-by-an-accident-and-just-having-to-look kind of way.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
NinerLifer":1dri9g97 said:
Not sure why some on this board are trying to take ease in the possibility that it wasn't and that it could have been a steroid or common street drug. That wouldn't be better guys.

Who said it would?

seahawksflow

Reaction score
SE174":3ra1r55m said:
As has been previously mentioned but failed to be acknowledged by some people in this thread, adderall offers no benefit to adding muscle weight. It's a stimulant that improves, focus, energy and attention. If adderall was indeed what he took, he more than likely took it for the ATL game since he was thrust into a starter role and a lot more pressure/attention was focused on him. Clearly, it didn't help him.

Right I think that is the conclusion people are starting to come to... that it is not adderall. Instead, adderall was likely "leaked" to help with media. In reality it could of been something else. I would hope these guys aren't stupid enough to continue taking suspensions one after the other for just adderall. That makes absolutely zero sense to me. I would think the mindset would be that whatever they are taking has got to be worth not just negatively impacting themselves, but the entire organization and its fans. So if someone argues adderall could provide no benefit for the player, then why in the world would he be taking that with the said consequences...?

sc85sis

Reaction score
gargantual":21143kfs said:
sc85sis":21143kfs said:
12th_Bob":21143kfs said:

Other than just being too lazy to look it up (sorry :) ), does any of this mean that the findings or rulings or whatever that went against USC could get overturned in the future? Does it mean that the Championship(s?) that was/were invalidated will then be re-instated (or was that just Bush's Heisman?)? It's obvious they can't give back or make up for the other lost Bowl games and taken recruiting opportunities, but at least that would be SOMETHING. If nothing else - validation that they weren't ever crooked in the first place. As Hawks fans that would be nice to shut up all the "cheat" slings that get really old to hear.

Sorry state of affairs this happening if it was all unwarranted, but undeniably fascinating, in that driving-by-an-accident-and-just-having-to-look kind of way.
I doubt it. The NCAA isn't filled with the, "oh, we're sorry we were over zealous" types. Still, it could help in the court of public opinion.

And with that, we return to the thread topic, which I didn't mean to hijack.