Bruce Irvin @ Hawks BB game 5/13/15 quote

OP
OP
titan3131

titan3131

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":28mrb34k said:
Before we get in a tizzy here, let's please consider the media source. Does anyone know much about blacksportsonline? I know I never have? Maybe this is akin to the Michael Bennett false report. Everyone wants a piece of you when you're on top, and we're the damn king's of the hill!

your voice of reason is not valid here.

THESE ARE DIRECT QUOTES OUT OF HIS MOUTH.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I knew this guy was a clown after his DUI tweets in April.

Classless.

And no hes not that good.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
I hope KPL plays well in the preseason and we send this jack@$$ off to the Browns or some other crap team and let him rot for a year. He says way to many stupid things on twitter, and if he doesnt want to be here see you later. He is dead to me, I hate him.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
titan3131":ysb959yb said:
Siouxhawk":ysb959yb said:
Before we get in a tizzy here, let's please consider the media source. Does anyone know much about blacksportsonline? I know I never have? Maybe this is akin to the Michael Bennett false report. Everyone wants a piece of you when you're on top, and we're the damn king's of the hill!

So are you saying the media, even a reputable outfit like blacksportsonline, has never misquoted someone? For all we know, something got lost in translation between our Hawks and the Hawks entertainment he was watching. I'm not saying he didn't say those words, but I think we have traversed into an era where we need to let more credible sources arise before going all pitchfork nation and bad mouthing a heretofore member of our team and impulsively demanding a trade.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
He's had a huge chip on his shoulder for a while now! Percy Harvin 2.0? Excise this guy now before he can poison the well.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
titan3131":22k5s4x4 said:
Siouxhawk":22k5s4x4 said:

Russell Wilson was quoted as saying "If the hawks don't make me the highest paid player in NFL history I've leaving them for the Jags."

It's a direct quote you read on the internet, must be true right?

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Another way to look at it is Bruce wants to play for only two teams.

A comment like this is forcing his current team to step up to the plate in negotiations. While telling his hometown team that he's willing and wanting to play there.

Furthermore, it really depends on Quinn. Irvin was drafted when Bradley was DC. But he was more of a Pete Carroll pick.

Does Quinn want Irvin and how much is he willing to pay? Irvin would be a great defender there But he has certain risks, namely his PED, Hell be 29 next season, and how much is he helped by a great defense?

We'll have to wait to see how this plays out.

If a trade did happen I rather it be player for player. I wouldn't be mad If it was Irvin and Simon for Desmond Trufant. He would be an elite slot defender here and could play outside when needed.

SirTed

Reaction score
This doesn't bother me AT ALL.

As a previous poster said - he's in a contract year. I'm not worried about his on field performance, whatsoever.

Plus, just consider for a second - The Hawks have all but indicated that they're not planning on pursuing Bruce after this season by not picking up his option. That's fine. I love Bruce, but we can't keep em' all.

So, if the Hawks can express their intentions by not resigning, why can't Bruce?

I hope he has a phenomenal year, and either makes re-signing him a must, or drives his market value up, and he gets paid handsomely by some other team.

keatonisballin

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":udlxkbkw said:

Yeah im skeptical as well. I can't stand all these online reporters just trying to drum up clicks.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
titan3131":385g9dop said:
Brock and salk are right the person most pissed about this is HIS AGENT.

You cant drive up a market if everyone knows you only want to go to ATL.

also he used to sell crack, but didnt smoke it...

Bingo. His agent should have done a better job prepping him for the reality that the Seahawks were unlikely to pick up his one-year option due to the uncertainty surrounding their outstanding commitments to re-signing Russell Wilson, Bobby Wagner, and others. The Seahawks have never picked up any player's one-year option and are unlikely to do so in the near future.

Irvin comes off looking like a scorned lover. Given that he has already received a suspension for use of performance-enhancing substances, making comments like these and undermining his current team does not seem wise when entering free agency.

Anyway, players tend to make stupid comments like these at this time of year. Once they rejoin the team for camp and have a chance to interact face to face with one another, these sort of resentments usually fade away . . . that is until the next off-season.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We seem to follow a very familiar pattern here:

1 - Admiration and appreciation for said player

2 - Tremendous fan loyalty to the player

3 - Expectations player loyalty is shared with team

CONTRACT NEGOTIATIONS

4 - Denigrating the player

5 - Piling on

6 - Attacking the player in other areas

7 - Being shocked that the player is not "being loyal"

8 - Dismissing the value of the player

PLAYER SIGNS

9 - Going right back to being huge fans of the player

PLAYER LEAVES

9 - Spending massive amounts of time trying to justify why that player was not really that good.

Last year, Marshawn was being ripped for "wanting too much" when his presence was important to both the offense & defense, and his success was the #1 contributor to team success. Yet his position forced him to take significant punishment that will impact his quality of life for years to come.

This year, we see plenty of people ripping Wilson for doing the same thing.

Now we have Irvin, who is understandably upset that he won't be getting the big contract and is clearly taking some of this personally. They ask him, at what seems to be an Atlanta basketball game where emotion is already flowing through all the attendees - where he wants to play. He answers Atlanta.

I am pretty sure that if a team came offering 1.5x what Atlanta offered he would pick that, but in the middle of an emotional playoff game? Is anyone really that shocked at his answer - especially considering that is nearer his original home?

I am more shocked that people are shocked.

Tical21

Reaction score
It doesn't feel right that the cool new trend is to be unhappy in Seattle. I know this isn't much in a vacuum, but the overall feel just doesn't seem right. There isn't a team in the league that would have picked up that option. He's whining for the sake of whining. Does it feel a bit like the first bricks are starting to fall off the castle, or am I reading way too much into this?

hawknation2015

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":og0lofc7 said:
We seem to follow a very familiar pattern here:

1 - Admiration and appreciation for said player

2 - Tremendous fan loyalty to the player

3 - Expectations player loyalty is shared with team

CONTRACT NEGOTIATIONS

4 - Denigrating the player

5 - Piling on

6 - Attacking the player in other areas

7 - Being shocked that the player is not "being loyal"

8 - Dismissing the value of the player

PLAYER SIGNS

9 - Going right back to being huge fans of the player

PLAYER LEAVES

9 - Spending massive amounts of time trying to justify why that player was not really that good.

Last year, Marshawn was being ripped for "wanting too much" when his presence was important to both the offense & defense, and his success was the #1 contributor to team success. Yet his position forced him to take significant punishment that will impact his quality of life for years to come.

This year, we see plenty of people ripping Wilson for doing the same thing.

Now we have Irvin, who is understandably upset that he won't be getting the big contract and is clearly taking some of this personally. They ask him, at what seems to be an Atlanta basketball game where emotion is already flowing through all the attendees - where he wants to play. He answers Atlanta.

I am pretty sure that if a team came offering 1.5x what Atlanta offered he would pick that, but in the middle of an emotional playoff game? Is anyone really that shocked at his answer - especially considering that is nearer his original home?

I am more shocked that people are shocked.

People on this board make stupid comments too, all the time. The difference is people here can do it anonymously, while Irvin will have to live with the consequences of his actions. Some GMs are going to be turned off when they hear comments like these coming from a player . . . much less a player with a prior suspension.

themunn

Reaction score
Until he goes I'll treat this as an example of "lead singer telling the crowd this is their favourite place to play in the whole world"

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
Laloosh":m6a9n5rh said:
Come up a yard short, don't get a big payday, start undermining the team? Some of these guys are grown children.

I tend to agree on this opinion.

SirTed

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":v0vcwhne said:
SirTed":v0vcwhne said:
This doesn't bother me AT ALL.

As a previous poster said - he's in a contract year. I'm not worried about his on field performance, whatsoever.

Plus, just consider for a second - The Hawks have all but indicated that they're not planning on pursuing Bruce after this season by not picking up his option. That's fine. I love Bruce, but we can't keep em' all.

So, if the Hawks can express their intentions by not resigning, why can't Bruce?

I hope he has a phenomenal year, and either makes re-signing him a must, or drives his market value up, and he gets paid handsomely by some other team.

Well, except that the Hawks said they hope to sign him long term...

I think we can all assume pretty safely that they want to sign him long term in a similar fashion to how they wanted to sign Golden long term.

"We'd be glad to have you, but at significantly less than market value." kind of thing.

grizbob

Reaction score
Well, the off season might as well last forever now it's too late to save my sanity :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :smilie=angry016.gif: