Browns complaining about Referees

ivotuk

Reaction score
Look, they lost that game on their own, but I can understand the frustration the comes from one bad call leading to the other calls being suspect. The Browns are a young team, and I think they went overboard against the refs, and they will pay for it. BUt I hope they learn from that, especially after they watch the film.

The blind side block against Landry, it was a bad call. But all the others, I think were legitimate.

The other broadcaster was Pro Browns, and he went off when there was a roughing the passer by the Browns. But Moose said, and rightly so, "they are setting the bar, letting players know where the calls will be." And I agree. I saw a similar call in the another game...Dallas I think it was.

IMHO, those kind of it's should be taken out of the game. Russell had his throwing arm extended, up in the air, and had no way to protect himself against hitting the ground on his right shoulder. If he wasn't so thick, that might have injured him. It would have ended Chad Pennington's career for sure.

But, again, IMHO, that kind of hit on a QB is no different than hitting a defenseless receiver. The NFL would suck if we allowed QB after QB to get injured. Well, except for this year. :p

But the worst complaint by a Brown, was Sheldon Richardson "You can't even hit a QB anymore, and the ball was still in his hand!"

No, it was not Sheldon. I'm sure he wanted to play well against a team that was not interested in re-signing him, but he didn't. He was probably free-lancing on the Brown's defense too.

By the way, what kind of team name is the "Brown's?" How arrogant. :34853_doh:

HawkerD

Reaction score
Should put to rest the conspiracy theory that the NFL and Refs are out to get Seattle. As fans we would be off the hook if we had those calls made against us. The defensive holding call in the end zone was a phantom hold as well.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I can certainly say this is the first time in ages I've thought we got the better of the referees bad decisions. But almost all the other times have been against small market teams like Cleveland, Tennessee, Jacksonville, etc. I can't recall the last time we got the better of calls against a media darling.

2_0_6

Reaction score
They should rewatch the Cowboys Jets game from yesterday. The Jets have a gripe, there was something like 5 straight penalties called against NY that led to a 4th quarter Dallas TD.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I was surprised to hear the Browns complain about officiating. I get that the blindside block call was crap. Total crap. And those suck, but in a game where you throw 3 interceptions, (or was it 4?), it's tough to blame a bad call that happened mid-game.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
They have every right to complain about them. The refs were definitely giving them the business throughout the game.

HawkerD":3e1sc0rh said:
Should put to rest the conspiracy theory that the NFL and Refs are out to get Seattle. As fans we would be off the hook if we had those calls made against us. The defensive holding call in the end zone was a phantom hold as well.
Those theories aren't going anywhere. As long as the replays are played over and over in super slo-mo during the broadcast there will be fan complaints. The commentators don't make it any better because they usually fuel the controversy.

Fans.
Of.
Every.
Single.
Team.
Do.
It.

253hawk

Reaction score
The Browns don't even score in the second half if they weren't gifted that 4th down conversion that they were stopped short on (led to the goal line stop and shanked punt that put them right back inside the 30). It was as bad as Testeverde's helmet.

HawkGA

Reaction score
253hawk":1ca6qsi0 said:
The Browns don't even score in the second half if they weren't gifted that 4th down conversion that they were stopped short on (led to the goal line stop and shanked punt that put them right back inside the 30). It was as bad as Testeverde's helmet.

Is this the OBJ catch where he rolled over the defender and didn't actually get two feet (or a knee) in bounds? That was crazy. Not sure how that didn't get overturned on review.

253hawk

Reaction score
HawkGA":280llzkn said:
Is this the OBJ catch where he rolled over the defender and didn't actually get two feet (or a knee) in bounds? That was crazy. Not sure how that didn't get overturned on review.

I think it was Hilliard, and he was taken down by KJ on the near sideline. He stretched out, but his knee was down well before that. I was screaming at Pete to throw the red flag.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Considering the missed block in the back on their opening kick return..... there were some missed calls that would have helped us too.

But I only remember the crazy blindside block, which was BS. But other than that?

We had 10, they had 9.....

Attachments

• blockinback.PNG
    blockinback.PNG
    141.5 KB · Views: 1,504

253hawk

Reaction score
They also missed a horsecollar when Ansah had his fumble recovery; pulled him down by the nameplate. I was surprised when the refs called it later when the Browns did it to Russ.

HawkStrong

Reaction score
There were two bad calls, the block in the back and the phantom PI. Other than most of the "bad" calls were borderline at worst.

irfuben32

Reaction score
I think they have a beef. There were some pretty bad calls that went against them. We have been on the wrong end of that before. That game balanced it out a little.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
NOTE: This post has been deleted 5/22/20, ------- this comes after multiple unprovoked attacks on me by the asshole acer1240. I will never post here again. This site has officially gone to hell & I'll never return.

Seahawk

Reaction score
I think the bad calls were a wash. Really bad calls both ways.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
HawkerD":2ebgzufr said:

Oh please. If those calls went against us, the national media wouldn’t complain about it. At all.

Bad calls are amplified by the media. I saw several articles after the game mentioning the referees. Doesn’t matter what it is, a missed roughing the passer, or a badly called penalty. If it’s against Seattle, the media will highlight it.

Same thing with the Clay Matthews hit. His hit was no more or less egregious than Ansah’s roughing the passer. There was also an OBVIOUS missed face mask on Lockett. Did the media talk about that? Nope. Tv analysts were literally complaining that the roughing the passer penalty, which took place on first down, “changed the game.”

AKNFidel

Reaction score
The opening kick-off showed the Brown’s player was sprung by 2 illegal blocks that were uncalled. I agree the refs were horrible, but the were equally horrible for both teams. So bad in fact I believe that crew should be suspended for 2 weeks.... it’ll never happen...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

cymatica

Reaction score
I was going to point out the block in the back on the kick return, but apparently everyone noticed it except the announcers, media, and Browns fans. There was egregious holding and several block in the backs all day the Browns were guilty of that went uncalled, just rewatch the Mayfield td run.

It is really interesting how calls that go in Seattles favor get replayed and discussed in game, then talked about the following week, yet the calls against them you never hear a peep, ever. Of course, Seattle is almost always picked to have a down season while unproven teams like the Browns are hyped up, so I guess it's no suprise the same mediots will pick on Seattle

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I thought there were bad calls on both sides. I saw Browns fan complain that they screwed up the call about advancing the ball on the fumble. He /she had no idea it’s not just last 2 minutes it’s also on 4th down .

Agreed the blindside call was awful. But I don’t see how that OBJ call was a catch. I thought the 4th and 2 may have been a questionable spot too

253hawk

Reaction score
Don't forget the drive we had going that the refs helped stall by not being ready, and then not resetting the play clock.

Latest posts