Browner suspended a year for non-PED drug abuse per ESPN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":3j01wl3u said:
I mean, I feel like as long as we go 3-2 and get Thurm back for the playoffs, we'll be okay. It's not like an asteroid hit Earl Thomas and knocked his corpse into Richard Sherman's car, causing Sherm to swerve off a bridge and into a canyon full of jagged rocks.

On the other hand, I am at a loss for words that Browner makes it out of the CFL only to do his best to whiff on a decent NFL contract for the only time in his career and head right back to the CFL.

I care more about Thurmond too.

Browner has already missed a handful of games this year, and when he was playing he seemed a step slow and was getting called for penalties repeatedly.

I think Thurmond has outplayed him this year. If we can survive till Thurmond is back, I think we'll be fine. Maybe even better than with Browner out there.

jblaze

Reaction score
I wasn't too upset because WT3 would be back for the playoffs but not Browner for a year? Now I'm pissed.

KK84

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":a1s5v0x9 said:
Do we actually know if any of this is true?

The ped report was false, but the year suspension for substance abuse was reported on air by schefter. Pretty certain it's true.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Only reason it bothers me is it because it makes the team look bad. Other that... Whatever. Was probably done for the year anyways.

No contract issues. Let's see what lane and Maxwell do

twelthmanfan

Reaction score
seahawks08":3jrwljx3 said:
I think if you appeal you can get it down. I know with the Saints bounty gate, there were players who were suspended for a year that got reduced if I remember right but Sean Payton had to serve one year and Greg was indefinitely but got reinstated after the year. But in terms of 1 year, it means a whole season, not number of games.

You might be correct.

Exittium

Reaction score
Ugh well, Let me say this is infuriating and sucks. Also lets not kid out selves BB was starting to become our next trufant, he's good but the injuries are starting to become more frequent. He made his bed he has to sleep in it... Wonder how his wife and kids feel.. I know the kids a re really young like 4 and 6 or whatever but still how do you explain to you kids your not at work because you made a choice that put the family in jeopardy of losing everything due to something that was easily avoidable. Either way lets move on, and speculate who we might us in his place for good, and who will be the 4th LOB member now.

Also how come its only the Seahawks that get the big noticeable "Developing story" crap at the top of the page.. I despise the NFL more and more the biased &^^#$*&Y)((&(*^^%$# ... :)

Cartire

Reaction score
Basis4day":1ovgp4to said:
Cartire":1ovgp4to said:
I don't understand was constitutes a year long ban for him. It can't just be weed or peds.

He is in the substance abuse program by his own admission last year, which means he gets tested more often than other players.

I need to step away from the computer and let this sort itself out.

Except he's never been suspended for substance abuse. If he's on the program and failed, it's should only be a 4 game suspension.

You don't combined the PED program and substance abuse program.

Smoke

Reaction score
Give the Legion of "BOOM" a different connotation, doesn't it? Didn't this same crap happen almost exactly this time last year?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
bestfightstory":3nw4p122 said:
Are we allowed to be angry yet? CANHawk? KCHawk'girl'?

I'm going to wait until the time is deemed appropriate to express my outrage at this turn of events.
On Browner? Yes. This is disappointing for sure we're fairly deep in the secondary and this can be mitigated by shifting more to the offense specifically Wilson.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
As much as I don't want this or want to think that this will affect our teams mental state, I think it will hurt them. Way to go BB.

BillHawks

Reaction score
Even if he appealed and won (apparently already denied) he'd be done in Seattle. Not worth paying a guy his age, with his history, to play half a season.

Maybe ol' Gus will do us a solid and let us have Blackmon back.

seahawks08

Reaction score
Players sometimes over celebrate being 10-1. Yes, it sometimes make them dumb expecting not to be tested randomly, even though I sense a pattern of randomness when it comes to the Seahawks. I don't blame Pete and John, but why didn't we see this in Holmgren era, is it more the rules have changed with the new CBA?

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
Cartire":37k5giwi said:
Basis4day":37k5giwi said:
Cartire":37k5giwi said:
I don't understand was constitutes a year long ban for him. It can't just be weed or peds.

He is in the substance abuse program by his own admission last year, which means he gets tested more often than other players.

I need to step away from the computer and let this sort itself out.

Except he's never been suspended for substance abuse. If he's on the program and failed, it's should only be a 4 game suspension.

You don't combined the PED program and substance abuse program.
Don't think it matters what it is, he is done, we have some selfish players on this team who need to grow and take there job seriously.

RezHawk

Reaction score
Question??? Can intake of second hand smoke cause a drug test failure? Been outside a couple bars after games this year where a contact buzz was a definite possibility.

Legion12Boom

Reaction score
I'm so pissed off right now, this is unbelievable. Right when were making a SB run, don't need these kind of distractions. What a moron, sure glad I didn't buy that Browner jersey now.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
seahawks08":1f6d7w8c said:
Players sometimes over celebrate being 10-1. Yes, it sometimes make them dumb expecting not to be tested randomly, even though I sense a pattern of randomness when it comes to the Seahawks. I don't blame Pete and John, but why didn't we see this in Holmgren era, is it more the rules have changed with the new CBA?

Tim Ruskell and his character guys...I'd rather have to put up with morons like Browner and win, frankly. As long as players aren't killing people or shooting at people or driving drunk, I can deal with them not being able to beat a PED or weed test as long as they win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts