Browner suspended a year for non-PED drug abuse per ESPN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
And weed is most certainly NOT physically addicting. I know some people develop a "habit", and being stoned has become their "normal". But I was a fairly heavy weed smoker for years back in the day, then I got a job out of college that required random drug testing. I stopped smoking without any "jonesing" or anything. No problem, at all. I simply switched my buzz to alcohol... :sarcasm_on: And oh boy, I'm so happy I did that! :sarcasm_off:

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3n1ny1ct said:
Jesus Browner.

Thurmond was bad, this is even worse since he's already been caught before. What in the holy rhymes with duck is going on?

Thurmond's been caught before too, at least twice, for it to be up to a 4 game suspension. It just wasn't public knowledge

RichNhansom

Reaction score
OK help me out. Just got off work and don't have time to read 17 pages. Did BB get popped for a PED or something like pot?

SeaTown81

Reaction score
I get being pissed about these guys letting the team down. I am upset with them as well. They screwed up. They hurt the team. It's cool being upset with such mis-steps.

I just draw the line with people here acting shocked and outraged, as if before now they thought that these guys are all goody two shoes. And that the only guys smoking weed are the ones we hear about failing tests or getting arrested.

This is an article from a couple weeks ago.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/sam- ... oys-111213

Sam Hurd will be sentenced Wednesday for his role in a 2011 drug trafficking operation, and now that he’s meeting the prospect of a life in prison head on, the former Cowboys and Bears receiver is opening up about everything from his role in the process to drug culture in the NFL.

Speaking with The MMQB, Hurd said he spent the last few years of his career — which began in 2006 as an undrafted free agent out of Northern Illinois — smoking high-grade marijuana “all day, every day.”

Hurd also said he smoked marijuana and sold it at cost to several friends during his time in Dallas, including “20 to 25” teammates on the Cowboys.

Hurd didn’t mention any players by name, aside from former Cowboys safety Patrick Watkins, but according to his estimate, which he called “conservative,” at least half of the NFL smokes weed during the season and can avoid testing positive for the substance by knowing when the annual sample will be collected.

Hurd is facing jail time for a role in drug trafficking. So he's a bit of an extreme case. But retired lineman Lomas Brown also recently estimated that half the league smokes weed.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... -smoke-pot

And here's some findings from that article from recent studies:

*Four out of 10 draft-eligible prospects from the 2012 class failed at least one school-administered drug test for marijuana; two in 10 failed multiple times, per a CBS Sports report from April.

* "About 70 percent" of prospects at the combine admitted to using marijuana, per an ESPN report.

*A 2009 report by the NCAA stated 26.7 percent of all football players admitted using marijuana over the past 12 months, the highest number of any athlete group they surveyed.

It's ok to be upset with guys being irresponsible and hurting the team. To get suspended, it means they failed more than one test. That is inexcusable. That is unacceptable. It's also ok to not like people who take part in recreational drugs. But it's foolishly ignorant if you don't think that many of your favorite players smoke marijuana. You're holding your head in the sand if you think otherwise.

These failed tests aren't exposing to us the Seahawks who smoke pot. They are telling us which guys were stupid enough to fail MULTIPLE tests. That's it.

Teqneek

Reaction score
Apparently Pot.. but to be suspended for a year means he would have been caught three times now.

He's physical yes... He's tall yes... Hes slower than shot and benefited from having Sherman on his other side.. I personally wont miss him. I say get rid of thurmonds ass as well.

I like MJ as much as the next person, but when you have a silver damn platter in front of you piled high with money and a future, you dont put it in the trash and empty out your Zip of Primo... I forgive mistakes.. these two are not mistakes, they are ignorant.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Beating the Saints will make me feel so much better about all this unbelievable BS. But if we lose because we can't stop Brees from picking us apart, expecially if our "next guys up" get consistently burned, I'm gonna break something! :evil:

chris98251

Reaction score
I see everyone jumping on the excuse bandwagon of them being addicted, I see it more of them hanging out and being one of the boys and being stupid. Addiction would be something that followed them more routinely, if addicted they would either be in a program after first offense and have someone there to help them, teams won't let that stuff slide with the investment they have.

How many people you know that have recreationally just smoked up a bowl when in that environment but don't touch it other times.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Mike Tirico just stated with absolution thst Browner is suspended for a year. For whatever that is worth.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Sickening. Just sickening. We need to clean house and get ride of guys who don't want to be clean.

2_0_6

Reaction score
More money to go around for the guys who put the team first.

This way the hawks can save face by letting him go and moving on, without a media backlash.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Updated per Seattle Times. He failed a weed test. Not PEDs which explains the 8 game to 1 year suspensions.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
I still find it hilarious that Browner was morally outraged about the slightly inaccurate initial NFL report.

Status
Not open for further replies.