Browner Benched in the first half.

Snakeeyes007

Reaction score
SonicHawk":1pfrbkk7 said:
Missing_Clink":1pfrbkk7 said:
He was atrocious early on in the game. I too think he's gone next year

I don't think there's any question he's gone. He'll definitely elect FA instead of re-signing and someone will overpay him.

If what you say is true, we may be in a difficult spot heading into next year, trying to re-sign/extend our key guys AND find a new starting CB to play opposite Sherman. WT3 is also a free agent who may get a big offer from another team (assuming he remains healthy the rest of the year), leaving us very thin at DB.

Gonna need some Johnny Football GM magic here again...

I forsee one of two scenarios with Browner; he re-signs with us on a 2 yr. deal with club/player option in yr. two, or he gets overpaid on a 3-4 yr. deal by Jacksonville. Although many teams are starting to look for bigger corners after the success we've had here, there aren't many schemes that Browner fits in around the league.

daveman918

Reaction score
I'm not quite on the "he should be gone" bandwagon yet, but I felt he had a less than stellar showing last week so I watched him super close this week. I was at the game and his coverage in the first quarter, especially the first few series, was bad. He was behind mentally or physically, not sure which. I hope he comes around because there are times when he's just awesome.

blkhwk

Reaction score
He may be back, but not on a "break the bank contract"

He is a little on the older side, and has limited coverage abilities. If BB cannot get his hands on a receiver, he has trouble. B/C of his length, he does not have great change of direction. We've seen for three years now, when teams have the smaller WR's, BB has struggled.

I would love to see him back and used a little more as a situational player to match against big WR's maybe even TE's.

As for the other DB's, Thurmond, Maxwell and Lane have all shown flashes, just not consistency.

blkhwk

Reaction score
Schadie001":20ep5p50 said:
I disagree....Thurmond was getting abused in the slot today giving up many 9 and 10 yard gains. Maxwell didn't do much better in the first half either.

I disagree with your disagree. Tenn's longest gain was the deep ball when BB was beaten, They came right back for an 11 yd gain against BB on the next play. Tenn also had a 14 yd completion to CJ out of the backfield. Walker had 4 catches, CJ had 3, when take away the two where BB was targeted back to back, That only leaves 8 other completions for the entire team. So, how many 9 & 10 yd gains did WT3 give up? I remember Maxwell getting targeted a couple times for decent gains.

Not saying WT3 didn't give up some completions, just don't think it was as bad as you think.