Browner 1 year suspension is for substance abuse per NFL

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Browner is dead to me. The Seahawks should give Thurmond one more chance. He screws up again then cut his ass too.

EnoughZNuff.

bellingerga

Reaction score
Both great players. Both could help the team immensely.

Both are making terrible, and idiotic decisions that hurt the team. our Players are still getting busted after all the shit the last couple years, a message needs to be sent that this will no longer be tolerated.

Cut them both.

IF not, its going to keep on happening and one of these days we are going to be without critical players, at critical times like say....... if we make it to the superbowl this year. Our depth at corner just got alot thinner.

I'm not anti Pot, but they knew the rules. It's a banned substance in the nfl and they did it anyway. It's time to send a message.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Cutting Thurmond would be a rash and emotional decision. People would sure second-guess that decision if the team were to play Manning/Welker for the Lombardi. Would cutting Irvin have "sent the message"? Would we be better off now? Browner/Thurmond just cost themselves a ton in both money and reputation. If that's not enough motivation, then these "messages" won't matter. How often do any of us even think about Portis getting cut for a DUI earlier this year?

ivotuk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1p29j8o3 said:
He won't be paid and can't be around the team through the end of his contract. "Cutting" him would be a functionally meaningless act. Not even sure it's possible, especially if he's injured to boot.

I disagree, cutting him would send an unmistakable message. "You have screwed the team and your team mates for the last time and you will not be a part of this organization. And that goes for anyone else too."

DavidSeven

Reaction score
ivotuk":c87e9hi1 said:
DavidSeven":c87e9hi1 said:
He won't be paid and can't be around the team through the end of his contract. "Cutting" him would be a functionally meaningless act. Not even sure it's possible, especially if he's injured to boot.

I disagree, cutting him would send an unmistakable message. "You have screwed the team and your team mates for the last time and you will not be a part of this organization. And that goes for anyone else too."

He's already not part of the organization anymore. A suspension would effectively end his contract. He's not allowed to be around the team while suspended.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
I fail to understand the mentality of these players. They are taking "pee tests" every week or two, how do they figure that they can fool anybody? They have to be a lot stupider than they look! I'm disgusted!

I can hear it now......and probably for the next ten years, "The Seahawks are nothing but a bunch of druggies"!

OP
OP
Rocket

Rocket

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":prvlhxci said:
I am in the cut them both mold.

Messages must be sent.

Yep. I agree. It's time.

This also means we'll need to cut Lynch in the probable foreseeable future.
So get ready.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Aros":fu8uqvbj said:
Browner is dead to me. The Seahawks should give Thurmond one more chance. He screws up again then cut his ass too.

EnoughZNuff.

agreed! :D

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":1n92m6ia said:
I fail to understand the mentality of these players. They are taking "pee tests" every week or two, how do they figure that they can fool anybody? They have to be a lot stupider than they look! I'm disgusted!

This makes me think that weed use is a lot more rampant in the NFL, and players like Thurm and BB use masking agents to beat these tests. It's the only logical conclusion other than "derrr, sorry I just like weed too much to care about the consequences."

So the conclusion is we have more than our fair share of stoners and PED abusers than other teams, or our players are stupider than other team's players and can't figure out how to mask properly.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Rocket":fu30wjzn said:
Tech Worlds":fu30wjzn said:
I am in the cut them both mold.

Messages must be sent.

Yep. I agree. It's time.

This also means we'll need to cut Lynch in the probable foreseeable future.
So get ready.

If Lynch keeps getting DWI and gets suspended so it hurts the team then hell yes.

Spiderdan

Reaction score
ivotuk":2zz9xegj said:

The only message cutting him would send is that the Seahawks are an incredibly stupid team that is going to give him a reason to file a grievance that he would win because he's injured and you can't cut someone with an injury caused by in-game activity. It would allow him to recoup funds that are currently denied him because of the suspension.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":lulufpwv said:

I can hear it now......and probably for the next ten years, "The Seahawks are nothing but a bunch of druggies"!

Right there with you.

Atradees

Reaction score
Not to be the Devil's Advocate---Am I the only one who loved Browner's game?

I am extremely mourning his demise. Sad sad sad...........Greif...... no sarcasm........

stupid, stupid stupid.....

Booze The illegal drugs alternative! Washington is the new Vegas.

plyka

Reaction score
BamKam":8gf1l80d said:
5280Hawk":8gf1l80d said:
I dont think we see the guy in the NFL again. Unless some team at this time next year has two injured Corners, and BB is not back in the CFL already.

certainly not in a Hawks uniform. I feel bad for all the guys wearing new Nike Browner Jerseys.

Disagree.

I think we will see him in the NFL again, just not on the Seahawks and more than likely as a backup on a team with a thin secondary.

I think everyone is underrating Browner. And overreacting on the punishment this guy deserves. Does he deserve to have his livelyhood taken away from him for smoking some weed? A 1 year suspension? That's quite ridiculous in my opinion. Everyone makes mistakes. For a guy to be suspended for an entire year when a guy gets a DUI and plays the next week is ridiculous in my opinion (Dwayne Bowe just got a DUI the other day). With a DUI you're puting other people at risk of injury or death, with substance abuse you're abusing your own body.

The truth is I don't think we know the full details of the situation. And I think people should take a step back from asking that this guy be sent to Siberia for the rest of his days, until we get an idea of what exactly happened. If he smoked weed a few times and got caught, I think this 1 year suspension is ridiculous. If he is a herion addict, well, even then I think taking a man's livelyhood away is ridiculous.
ivotuk":8gf1l80d said:
Appleegg1":8gf1l80d said:
Cut em? Really? Dude, you don't even know who else on the team has flunked drug tests and are in the program, awaiting suspension on their next failed test.

Really? Cut em? Might as well cut half the league, plenty guys smoke in the off-season and quit before their scheduled test.

I see, and did all these guys get busted multiple times after their team gave them second chances? And after their team gave them a raise?

After Bruce Irvin's mistake and the big players only meeting? Not only did he insult Pete and John, but he has put this team at risk, he has put every player on this team that has busted their ass for years to get to the possibility of a Superbowl at risk. He burned his team mates.

Yes, cut him, as soon as the suspension becomes official.

And yes, you can cut Browner, he is still under contract, a contract that can be terminated.

Edit hope this doesn't cost us draft picks: NFL Sanctions thread http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=80795

With his hefty "raise" he was making like 700k per year. For a pro-bowl corner no less. That's peanuts, so let's not act like he was making REvis type money.

Bigpumpkin":8gf1l80d said:

Well, no one is going to mistake Browner or Thurmond for Dr Ben Carson. They aren't the smartest people in the world. Still, just because they are dumb and make horrible decisions doesn't mean the Hawks or their fans should despise them like child molestors. They made horrible mistakes, and they are being overly punished (i've never heard of a 1 year suspension).

seedhawk

Reaction score
I could be completely wrong but, I think the NFL and the NFLPA need to agree on transparency for any and all suspensions. The way it is now, we get the info if it is a DUI or domestic violence or whatever because it is all in the public record. Open up the until now private files and announce who it is that busted a test and what substance they were busted for, and on what date did the sample get drawn.

chawx

Reaction score
I'm with you, plyka.

This is horse**** really. That's a huge penalty for a relatively minor crime in the grand scheme of life... and I really feel for Browner and his family.

He made a mistake, he knew he was making a mistake, and there is no denying it, but...just, it's sad. Really sad.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
chawx":1he1amjn said:
I'm with you, plyka.

This is horse**** really. That's a huge penalty for a relatively minor crime in the grand scheme of life... and I really feel for Browner and his family.

He made a mistake, he knew he was making a mistake, and there is no denying it, but...just, it's sad. Really sad.

He knew it before he did it. Is the price high? Yep.

But he knew it and still did it.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
BamKam":3mki0u6r said:
5280Hawk":3mki0u6r said:
I dont think we see the guy in the NFL again. Unless some team at this time next year has two injured Corners, and BB is not back in the CFL already.

certainly not in a Hawks uniform. I feel bad for all the guys wearing new Nike Browner Jerseys.

Disagree.

I think we will see him in the NFL again, just not on the Seahawks and more than likely as a backup on a team with a thin secondary.
He'll play for the cow patties sometime next year. They have one of the worst secondary's in the league and crazy uncle jerry has a fetish for ex-seahawks.