Broncos are good but...

drdiags

Reaction score
Broncos are #1 in an opinion poll. The NFL plays out well with high scoring, dynamic offenses. The Broncos also have not been affected by the loss of Miller and the injury of Bailey (who I figured was getting too long in the teeth to be counted on anyway).

The Seahawks offense is just not performing at a consistent enough level for the pollsters to rate them as the #1 overall best team in the NFL. No need to rag on the Broncos because they have been judged the best team by writers. I think it is only a matter of time before the Patriots or Saints are judged better as well. It is just the way things are.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Another thing to think about is the quality of defense Peyton has faced each week thus far. Namely...They are "lol" status. Broncos are missing two O-linemen and it doesn't even matter, what a joke.

Pro Football Focus ‏@PFF":5mvvofnv said:
Of all QBs w/at least 100 dropbacks Mike Vick has faced the most pressure (46.5%). 2nd is Russell Wilson (44.6%) & 3rd Matt Schaub (44.4%).

Pro Football Focus ‏@PFF":5mvvofnv said:
Lowest amount of pressure faced by quarterbacks. 1st Peyton Manning (19.3%), 2nd Andy Dalton (22.8%) & 3rd Stafford (25.8%)

I'm sure the vast majority of Denver fans think things like this are irrelevant, though. :roll:

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
I'd take Denver over us right now, maybe even at our place. Brady very nearly beat us last year, I think Peyton could. That said, if we get our O performing like they were the back end of last year (plus Harvin) then nobody's beating us.

cmc0605

Reaction score
drdiags":3jfoi3no said:
Broncos are #1 in an opinion poll. The NFL plays out well with high scoring, dynamic offenses. The Broncos also have not been affected by the loss of Miller and the injury of Bailey (who I figured was getting too long in the teeth to be counted on anyway).

The Seahawks offense is just not performing at a consistent enough level for the pollsters to rate them as the #1 overall best team in the NFL. No need to rag on the Broncos because they have been judged the best team by writers. I think it is only a matter of time before the Patriots or Saints are judged better as well. It is just the way things are.

You think that this statistic is independent of what Denver is doing offensively?

cmc0605

Reaction score
Forum noobie ^^

The above response was intended to Roland regarding pressure by opposing defenses

Wartooth

Reaction score
The Donko's have one glaring problem, no back up QB worth a crap.
Not advocating it, but if Manning goes down...
They go down with him.
He ain't a kid anymore, and it's a long season.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
cmc0605":3w13rhdn said:
You think that this statistic is independent of what Denver is doing offensively?

Not independent, no. One can't ignore the quality of the competition, though.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Wartooth":wl3khmxs said:
They go down with him.

True, but Manning has also proven pretty damn resilient over his career. He gets the ball out so quick that he avoids a lot of the beatings slower QBs suffer. There's a reason he's playing like this at 37 years old.

He missed the 2011 season, yes. But prior to that, he'd only ever missed one PLAY due to injury (when the Dolphins broke his jaw in 2001).

I'll definitely agree that if Manning goes down, that team is doomed. But I think anyone banking on Manning missing time is probably going to end up disappointed.

Wartooth

Reaction score
volsunghawk":1q8is35n said:
Wartooth":1q8is35n said:
They go down with him.

True, but Manning has also proven pretty damn resilient over his career. He gets the ball out so quick that he avoids a lot of the beatings slower QBs suffer. There's a reason he's playing like this at 37 years old.

He missed the 2011 season, yes. But prior to that, he'd only ever missed one PLAY due to injury (when the Dolphins broke his jaw in 2001).

I'll definitely agree that if Manning goes down, that team is doomed. But I think anyone banking on Manning missing time is probably going to end up disappointed.

I agree completely, and hope nothing does happen to him.
He's an all time great, and to be playing at this level, at his age...Amazing!
Makes me hope that the Hawks get Russell an Oline at some point, so he can have a long, highly productive career!

JesterHawk

Reaction score
Who cares about a team peaking in September? We're 4 and 0 and we haven't played our best by far. Things are heating up in Seattle, nowhere to go but down for the donkeys.

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
they hav'nt played a tough defense yet so i wanna see them against the Chiefs that will tell alot if they can handle the pressure when things don't go their way. I know Peyton Manning is the biggest cry baby QB in the league so i wanna see some LB's/DE's put some hits on him.

hawker84

Reaction score
Wartooth":2rllzzi3 said:
They go down with him.

this could be said about 30 other teams in this league, not including seahawks ;)

UGotHawked

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":s8bfycj1 said:
They are playing better at the moment. I have no problem admitting that. Their offense has been unstoppable. Lets see how they do when the bad weather rolls in.
The weather and I want to see how they react when someone hits them in the mouth.

hawk45

Reaction score
Bronco D allowing 22 ppg or thereabouts (some of that probably because hey why not, they're hanging 40 on everyone).
Bronco O has played maybe 1 solid defense? The Ravens?

Hawk passing O has been anemic against Carolina, SF, Houston. I'm interested in seeing what the Broncos do against a good defense.

I'm not ready to say the crazy numbers they're putting up are all about playing creampuff defenses. Manning is just unbelievable right now. They may well be the best team in the league. But I don't think that's really known yet, and if they are better than Seattle it's by a much smaller distance than is suggested simply by comparing the scoring of the 2 offenses.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I'm sorry but Peyton Manning is putting on a clinic right now.. I'd love to see how we measured up at full strength but right now if we played them we wouldn't beat them with the injuries we have..

And again power rankings are useless.. Until the nfl adopts the BCS system for the postseason who cares

rideaducati

Reaction score
We know what the score was when the first starter left the field in week three of the preseason...Peyton was pissed too.

kearly

Reaction score
The Seahawks are the better team, but the Broncos are playing better football right now. I also think it's very likely that the Broncos finish with more wins than the Seahawks do, they will be favored in every game the rest of the way and don't have any nagging issues hanging around them like we do.