BREAKING NEWS: Percy Harvin Traded to Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

pehawk

Reaction score
drdiags":3ph12ib4 said:
pehawk":3ph12ib4 said:
Sygollism is the "act of Sarc and Roland bickering in random threads". Please note, we're not at the sygollism point yet, for it to come to fruition Roland must answer Sarcs mating call.

Must be getting bored with actively posting again. Pithy is ready to strike you down from the Heavens.

Or trying to lighten the mood.

Rat

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":c3t4zw3z said:
There's a few WR corps like the Raiders that are worse imo
I think I'd take the Raiders guys. We're probably deeper, but James Jones is good and Andre Holmes is very intriguing.

Ozzy

Reaction score
pehawk":97a2bgbc said:
volsunghawk":97a2bgbc said:
Blitzer88":97a2bgbc said:
I am still confused by this........ Man this has put a bad taste in my mouth.

More than the loss to Dallas?

Here's a question, man... What did Harvin contribute this year that makes you feel this is a huge loss? Put aside the draft picks and the money for a moment, and tell us what he was doing on the field that we can't overcome now.

Or, what Prich couldnt replicate in passing game?

I just drowned my sorrows in a Paul Richardson highlight video. I'm actually excited about his opportunity to take over the Harvin role. He's actually a much better route runner than Harvin which is what limited Harvin's ability to run the whole route tree. PRich can actually run all the routes. Here's your chance, Go get it.

keasley45

Reaction score
volsunghawk":1mqp7cll said:
Blitzer88":1mqp7cll said:

Here's a question, man... What did Harvin contribute this year that makes you feel this is a huge loss? Put aside the draft picks and the money for a moment, and tell us what he was doing on the field that we can't overcome now.

how can you be sure that his lack of performance wasnt due to p-poor play calling? i mean the offense has looked like a gimicky NCAA knock-off. Its not like Harvin was dropping passes all over the place, fumbling possessions away or generally screwing up. how many bubble screens did we throw to him that were failures before the ball even touched his hands? and how many times did we actually get him the ball down field and utilize his speed? Once in 5 games?? i mean, Pete even said this week that they NEEDED to get Percy the ball downfield. So, we dump harvin and keep an OC that in 3 years has only proven that hes effective at calling a gameplan that MIGHT not lose us the game. not saying you should keep a player who cant control his temper or is a cancer in the locker room, but you also shouldnt allow your coordinators to get away with under-performing.

i'd hope that at some point if the meager output on offense continues, that Pete will come down just as hard on his coaches as he does on his players.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
So a guy we didn't need at all last year to win the Super Bowl, whose biggest contribution to the team was keeping its fanbase handcuffed to weekly injury reports...is now gone?

hiro_heroes_grimace.jpg

^^^ This is me trying to care, but nothing's happening.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":14xsxtyz said:
So a guy we didn't need at all last year to win the Super Bowl, whose biggest contribution to the team was keeping its fanbase handcuffed to weekly injury reports...is now gone?

hiro_heroes_grimace.jpg

We did at least have Tate last year.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Pretty sure this is the greatest thing to happen to the hawks since hiring PC. Harvin was a cancer. Two things that prove this. His name was never put in the ,Net spell checker and in the Dallas game it was clear the reason the bubble screens failed is everyone hates Harvin. Just watch the way Kearse fails to block for him in that first series. Ooh I just noticed that Kearse is cursed as he's not in the .Net spell checker either.

Spooky.

SC

volsunghawk

Reaction score
keasley45":1tcx69ga said:
volsunghawk":1tcx69ga said:
Blitzer88":1tcx69ga said:

how can you be sure that his lack of performance wasnt due to p-poor play calling? i mean the offense has looked like a gimicky NCAA knock-off. Its not like Harvin was dropping passes all over the place, fumbling possessions away or generally screwing up. how many bubble screens did we throw to him that were failures before the ball even touched his hands? and how many times did we actually get him the ball down field and utilize his speed? Once in 5 games?? i mean, Pete even said this week that they NEEDED to get Percy the ball downfield. So, we dump harvin and keep an OC that in 3 years has only proven that hes effective at calling a gameplan that MIGHT not lose us the game. not saying you should keep a player who cant control his temper or is a cancer in the locker room, but you also shouldnt allow your coordinators to get away with under-performing.

i'd hope that at some point if the meager output on offense continues, that Pete will come down just as hard on his coaches as he does on his players.

Honestly, I think part of his poor production could be because the Seahawks were going away from their offensive identity to try and revolve the offense around him. I'm not giving Bevell a free pass or anything, but I do honestly think that what we're seeing is a swing and a miss from our FO and Harvin together. I think the FO had the idea that they could make Harvin an all-purpose threat that they built the offense around, and by doing so, lessening the load on Lynch.

I think Harvin's skillset and speed sold them on that idea, which is why they paid so much for him. However, his attitude and durability issues sank that idea to a huge degree, and the fact that it was clear we wanted the offense to revolve around Harvin made it easier for teams to defensively plan around that.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Blitzer88":1vkgw4am said:
MontanaHawk05":1vkgw4am said:

hiro_heroes_grimace.jpg

We did at least have Tate last year.

That's true. But we have a couple of rookies who have barely touched the ball and whom I find very promising. My anxiety level is only about 4 out of 10 right now.

Sac

Reaction score
Percy got that Lendale White treatment, only with a little more rope with which to hang himself.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
YES YES YES YES YES

Harvin is the most overrated player in the last decade and he's been garbage for us.

THANK YOU FOR GETTING RID OF HIM BUT THE TRADE WAS A MISTAKE FROM DAY 1

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Except we could have drafted some other great players, been developing the players we drafted via playing time, saved millions in cap money and likely kept Tate who is killing it in Detroit.

This situation is a complete abortion from every angle.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
falcongoggles":26dsafh1 said:

I disagree. I feel like they had to try. In perspective, he came through when we needed him to and got a Lombardi out of it. So it didn't work out long term, not that big of a deal IMO.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Yoonhawk":2nv75yry said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/LanceZierlein/status/523241558305275904[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/LanceZierlein/status/523242026540605441[/tweet]

Once a punk, always a punk. I'd hoped he turned the corner on bitchdom. And despite the following, I am very unhappy that I was very right about Percy Harvin. How many times during the early days, weeks, months after his acquisition was I attacked, ridiculed and scoffed at for saying Harvin will be a cancer with this team and this move will prove to be the worst decision of Pete's time with us? "Duh, are you smarter than Pete"? Yeah..it looks that way now, don't it?

Pete (and I) knew the following when he traded for Harvin:

Position coach Rodrigues was Grabbed by the throat and thrown to the ground by Harvin at Florida (Urban Meyer, a punk himself, excused this as well as Harvin's and his bro Aaron Hernandez's pot usage.)

Harvin attacked Brad Childress with a dumb bell and threatened to kill him at Minnesota. He then bragged that he got Childress fired. This because of the departure of the other cancer, his mentor Randy Moss, who once told Harvin "I play when I want to play, don't play when I don't". Harvin started feigning headaches immediately thereafter.

The following year, Harvin then went after mild-mannered Leslie Frazier on national TV and also repeatedly threatened Ponder. The Vikes, hoping for a 2nd, got Pete Carroll on the phone and....cha-chang! Jackpot!

Harvin comes to Seattle then decides to have hip surgery even after Hawk surgeons said it could wait until the off-season. Once better, he supposedly hurts the hip again, selfishly playing against his old team.

Weeks later at a presser, Pete says he "feels Harvin's good to go, but not playing because of personal issues". With RW's help, this lights a fire under Harvin's ungrateful ass and he rejoins the team. And now we learn he reportedly has had problems with teammates in Seattle.

Call it whatever you want, this is 100% on Pete Carroll and has nothing to do with "Bevell's jets sweeps" and / or "Bevell's inability to work him into the offense". That's ridiculous. Harvin made his money at the LOS. You want to believe Bevell couldn't figure out how to get him the ball at the LOS? It's sounding more to me like the team didn't want to execute the plays designed for Harvin. Watch the lack of blocking from our WRS, WRs who have reputations as solid blockers. IMO, Pete was on the verge of losing this team ala Jim Mora.

Florida, Minnesota and now Seattle. Carcinogenic with every team but Pete's ego got the best of him, believing his rah rah antics would forge a relationship with a player every coach before him struggled with. Good luck, Rex. You shoulda' kept that weight on.

Thanks for the ring, Pete. For that I am forever grateful but does "we don't pay based on past performance" also pertain to coaches?

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":q5mfozy4 said:
falcongoggles":q5mfozy4 said:

I disagree. I feel like they had to try. In perspective, he came through when we needed him to and got a Lombardi out of it. So it didn't work out long term, not that big of a deal IMO.

Great...what do say with respect to the rest of my post?

FACT: Seahawks win SB48 without Harvin

We lost a ton in this trade and rationalizing it away is laughable

STAR WARS

Reaction score
Damn My Cowboys whooped dat ass into a rebuild !

Alright..... JK.

I didn't read all the post here......but it's worth re-stating that you guys did know that he was a major locker room issue with the Vikings ? Right ? That's how you guys got him in the first place.

Think Cowboys signing TO. Great talent.... but no where near worth the locker room / media magnet issues.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I'm down to give HawkWow his due. Took a lot of heat for his opinion on Harvin and stuck to his guns. Ended up right. Props to ya, sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts