BREAKING NEWS: Percy Harvin Traded to Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

kobebryant

Reaction score
falcongoggles":1kk4s8q3 said:
Zebulon Dak":1kk4s8q3 said:
falcongoggles":1kk4s8q3 said:
This situation is a complete abortion from every angle.

I disagree. I feel like they had to try. In perspective, he came through when we needed him to and got a Lombardi out of it. So it didn't work out long term, not that big of a deal IMO.

Great...what do say with respect to the rest of my post?

FACT: Seahawks win SB48 without Harvin

We lost a ton in this trade and rationalizing it away is laughable

Though I would tend to agree with that; it is an invalid line of argumentation to posit a hypothetical as fact.

pocketprotector

Reaction score
HawkWow":idyw6224 said:
[How many times during the early days, weeks, months after his acquisition was I attacked, ridiculed and scoffed at for saying Harvin will be a cancer with this team and this move will prove to be the worst decision of Pete's time with us? "Duh, are you smarter than Pete"? Yeah..it looks that way now, don't it?
Nope, it doesn't look that way. The fact that you believe it does just makes you look even dumber.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
falcongoggles":wrkv6019 said:
Zebulon Dak":wrkv6019 said:
falcongoggles":wrkv6019 said:
This situation is a complete abortion from every angle.

I disagree. I feel like they had to try. In perspective, he came through when we needed him to and got a Lombardi out of it. So it didn't work out long term, not that big of a deal IMO.

Great...what do say with respect to the rest of my post?

FACT: Seahawks win SB48 without Harvin

We lost a ton in this trade and rationalizing it away is laughable

I didn't disagree with the rest of your post so I felt no reason to mention it. Why do you always have to be so goddam hostile?

And your "fact" is in fact purely conjecture.

pehawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3oeht6xq said:
I'm down to give HawkWow his due. Took a lot of heat for his opinion on Harvin and stuck to his guns. Ended up right. Props to ya, sir.

Word...

irocdave

Reaction score
Man this thread derailed.

I couldn't believe it when I got back in the office today and saw on MSN's home page that Percy was traded. After plowing through most of the posts it seams the Hawks did the right thing given the situation. That said this is a BIG swing and miss that has and will make things more difficult for this team to be an upper echelon team. The team doesn't have the luxury it has had the past couple years of gambling in the draft. Guess it's time to see how last years receiver reaches in the draft can perform.

Just from a humor standpoint, I would have loved to see Breno included in the trade. If the rumors are true that PH was a PITA (better be true....) I really wonder how he and his new mates will handle the obvious issues causing the trade with the NY media.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
now whos gonna play wr and kick returns...this team is gonna have a long year...might be able to afford a ticket now!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":1addkk98 said:
pehawk":1addkk98 said:
DavidSeven":1addkk98 said:
I'm down to give HawkWow his due. Took a lot of heat for his opinion on Harvin and stuck to his guns. Ended up right. Props to ya, sir.

Word...

+1

Yup, we all wanted to believe things would be different here, but you can't make someone change. HawkWow was right on about Percy.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
One thing I never figured out was why was his eyes always bloodshot? Swear it's the same in every interview,etc.

Sac

Reaction score
Right? Interior line problems last year. Tackle problems this year.

But hey, we did ok with McQ at left tackle for a while so let's see how this goes.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
El Caliente":jhrq84ep said:
Who will replace Harvin's production?
:idea: Paully Shore?,,,Slim Pickens?,,, John Boy Walton?
Just rewatch the game against the Redskins last week, and you will see discontent in Harvins eyes, BUT, he did get a SB ring and a long drawn out ride in the parade that followed.
My guess is?, Bevel probably lobbied for John to get Percy here in the first place, and now I'm wondering how much longer before Bevel hits the road out of town.

irocdave

Reaction score
I read on another teams forum that AP would wind up in Seattle after the dust settles with his child abuse case / cases. I say NO MORE Vikings players, the Hawks have been abused with taking their players, seriously. Should post a sign at the VMAC entry that the GM and HC touch everyday when they come to work stating NFW are we taking another Vikings player.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
irocdave":2dh3khqb said:
I read on another teams forum that AP would wind up in Seattle after the dust settles with his child abuse case / cases. I say NO MORE Vikings players, the Hawks have been abused with taking their players, seriously. Should post a sign at the VMAC entry that the GM and HC touch everyday when they come to work stating NFW are we taking another Vikings player.

Heath Farwell worked out nicely when he was still on the team lol.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
pehawk":uaf3irfe said:
Hawknballs":uaf3irfe said:
pehawk":uaf3irfe said:
Good thing they drafted a dude who can, in a pinch, run in Percy's spot; Richardson.

I'm stoked!

you're stoked? that we threw away draft picks for nothing?

For nothing? Last I checked the Hawks got a Lombardi. And, I don't fret over isht in the rearview.

I'm also a positive dude, this gives chances to good young players.

Oh, and maybe now they can get Mike Williams.
Last I chexked we made it to the super bowl with harvin on the bench, and we EASILY would have won without him.

His impact on the Hawks falls somewhere between Christine Michael and Bryan Walters.

Harvi n was garbage for the Hawks.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
:3-1:
irocdave":2vuqllcm said:

Couldn't agree more. We keep taking vikings busts and paying them big money.

We would be a better team if we NEVER had acquired the former vikings.

Enough.

Sac

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":60plq9sk said:
:3-1:
irocdave":60plq9sk said:

Couldn't agree more. We keep taking vikings busts and paying them big money.

We would be a better team if we NEVER had acquired the former vikings.

Enough.
Plus, how many illegitimate AP babies do you want running around Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.