BREAKING NEWS: Percy Harvin Traded to Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

pehawk

Reaction score
Sygollism is the "act of Sarc and Roland bickering in random threads". Please note, we're not at the sygollism point yet, for it to come to fruition Roland must answer Sarcs mating call.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Danny Kelly ‏@FieldGulls 5m5 minutes ago
.@LanceZierlein on @Softykjr: sources tell him Percy had a confrontation with Russell Wilson after RW called him out for bad attitude

Danny Kelly ‏@FieldGulls 3m3 minutes ago
.@LanceZierlein heard from other sources that Percy punched Golden Tate in the face last year.

kearly

Reaction score
brimsalabim":38v6vzh4 said:
I respect your opinions Kip but Lynch seems awful upset about Percy being traded for him to be part of the reason behind the move.

I don't think it was a personality conflict. Or if there was I see no evidence of it. But there was definitely a difficult balancing act between getting both Lynch and Harvin their touches, and both have made little effort to conceal their pouting when they don't get the touches they want.

In Lynch's case, I sympathize. We are a better team when Lynch is fed the rock.

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
A few of us predicted this day would come when the Seahawks overpaid for this problem-child. We spoke of the injuries and attitude concerns only to be shouted down by you *true Seahawks fans*. Whatever...

The larger concern at the moment is John Schneider. He deserves a ton of credit for building a championship team and he is certainly in the top 5 GMs in the NFL, but he is not a great talent evaluator. He is like a volume shooter in the NBA: he scores a lot, will nail the timely three here and there, but his shooting percentage is shaky. With each passing draft class and trade I get more worried. Free agency has really saved his bacon, not to mention the incredible player development accomplished by the coaching staff. I like JS but he needs to kill the draft next year or we are going to be regressing to the mean.

Thank God we have Carroll.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
The only tweet that matters:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/cj55davis/status/523257422173859842[/tweet]

pocketprotector

Reaction score
Keep in mind, a Jets second rounder won't be far off the position of the number 1 the Seahawks gave up for him. The 7th round pick is disposable and the 3rd stings a little, but this is far from a disastrous trade.

VancitySeahawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":337ey45z said:
Danny Kelly ‏@FieldGulls 5m5 minutes ago
.@LanceZierlein on @Softykjr: sources tell him Percy had a confrontation with Russell Wilson after RW called him out for bad attitude

Danny Kelly ‏@FieldGulls 3m3 minutes ago
.@LanceZierlein heard from other sources that Percy punched Golden Tate in the face last year.

You mess with Russell.. that means you've got to go.

For that reason this is a great trade.

You dont mess with the franchise Percy. Enjoy New Jersey.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
kearly":ush6cbfh said:
hawknation2014":ush6cbfh said:
For those wringing their hands for Tate, I'm not saying the rumors about him and Wilson's wife are true, but the FO acted in such a way that made me think they believed the rumors. They lowballed his ass and did not make a counter offer when given the chance, even though they knew full well how valuable he was to our team.

The players believed it. I'm not saying the rumor is true, it's entirely possible it isn't. But if it was an active rumor in the locker room (which it was), that alone would be enough to explain the disinterest from Seattle's FO.

kearly, that ain't true. That is more rampant rumor-mongering. Doug Baldwin called out fans several times for spreading that rumor.

Golden's longtime girlfriend was Ashton's closest friend in Seattle. Golden is still with that same girlfriend to this day. That same girlfriend has posted pictures with Ashton in these recent months well after these ridiculous rumors.

Let's not legitimate this.

OrFan

Reaction score
Thank you Seahawks! I am being completely serious. Our offense was being tied to a player that was not working out. This has changed our team completely.

Thank you Percy for what you helped us earn, our first Superbowl. Good luck the rest of your career, I am just happy it isn't here.

Now we can get back to being a team that wants to play. There are a few more players that are full of themselves still, but I feel this will help heal that. The coaches have heard me (just kidding) in that they were too stubborn to change what was wrong. I said these things in the Aros prediction thread. I may have to go back and predict a larger margin of victory now.

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
rainger":2qxo0qnp said:
hawknation2014":2qxo0qnp said:
rainger":2qxo0qnp said:
This smacks of Pete Carroll and his philosophy.

Pete has also just sent a message to everyone else on the team. Be part of the team, compete, work hard or you are gone.

I'm glad you said this because this is the exact thing I was thinking. I really think the team needed a shake-up/wake-up from what some national pundits call the "hangover" from winning the Super Bowl. Maybe Percy becomes the scapegoat that trickles through the clubhouse and makes everyone say, "Oh shit..."

Time to turn the key on toward the drive to back-to-back titles. The honeymoon is over.

frosted21

Reaction score
Same day Hawks traded a first, third, and seventh for Percival, the 9ers traded a sixth for Boldin.

ShermanIsland

Reaction score
Lol, Schneider is not the problem. It's Bevell. He knew Harvin before coming here and still pushed for us to go out and trade for him.

kearly

Reaction score
hawknation2014":tf8wc5o6 said:
The players believed it? Uhhhh, what player believed this ridiculous and insulting rumor about Russell Wilson, Golden Tate, and Wilson's soon-to-be-ex-wife? Everyone in the know who has been willing to comment on it has shot it down as the ridiculous rumor it is. For people to continue to propagate it is simply disrespectful to everyone involved.

PM Hans Gruber, who heard it personally from a player himself about the state of the locker room on this rumor. There were a few other sources that reported this as well.

Again, this doesn't mean the Tate rumor itself is true. Read that again and again until that sinks in.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
kearly":50xeg21c said:
onanygivensunday":50xeg21c said:
And I found out about the trade immediately after returning from my garage where I just finished gluing my SB 49 patch onto Percy's away jersey.

I'm sorry but that is hilarious.

Especially because the Hawks would likely wear their home jerseys in Super Bowl 49

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
frosted21":2rmh9eyz said:
Same day Hawks traded a first, third, and seventh for Percival, the 9ers traded a sixth for Boldin.

yeah but who got that ring? :stirthepot: :49ersmall: :0190l:

Now this weekend we unleash the BEAST and we get a TON OF RUN.

billbird2111

Reaction score
frosted21":2nscx91g said:

Yeah, but you still beat us and you still won the Super Bowl -- so I wouldn't cry over it. Sure, it may have been a better deal for us.

But, bottom line is this: You got the hardware. We didn't. And that's all that really matters in this game.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
pocketprotector":eei4djfe said:
Keep in mind, a Jets second rounder won't be far off the position of the number 1 the Seahawks gave up for him. The 7th round pick is disposable and the 3rd stings a little, but this is far from a disastrous trade.

I am sure the conditions of the trade are written where the Jets would be winning games in order to get that 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts