BREAKING NEWS: Percy Harvin Traded to Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1ksshga2 said:
Craziness. At least Pete and John didn't succumb to a sunk cost fallacy here.

They certainly didn't with Matt Flynn.

If Pete Carroll couldn't handle this man, I'm not sure anyone will be able to in the long run. Who could possibly doubt this now? Who's a bigger player's coach than PC? It is entirely telling how little they got for him if they'd been shopping him for weeks to the whole league.

No sour grapes at all - as a fan, I loved him on the team. We all did. It's a real, real shame it spilled out this way. Stunning, stunning news.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
There is nothing to say that hasn't probably been said three times over.

But looking at this as the optimist, here are my feels:

1. Seahawks save Cap Space now and for the future.
2. This is a Huge Message to the TEAM. Wake Up Or You Could Be Next.
3. At least Harvin is still not a 49er or in the NFC.
4. Good news for Baldwin, to be the focal WR.
5. Especially good news for Kearse, RFA after this season.
6. Good news for the rest of the WR corps esp. the rooks.
7. Lastly, wonder if this could lead to the pursuring a Mike Williams trade with the Bills.

But holy crap...just crazy news... but winning the Superbowl for me tempers the loss the Seahawks took in the trade.

8. Looks like Lynch will be a Seahawks for as long as he can keep in Beast Mode gear.

WOW... just wow.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Time for a class in critical thinking:

If Harvin was not integrating properly into the offense

AND

Harvin is causing locker room problems.

Then the next step is not to whine about Bevell hurting him with a dumbed down offense you idiots.

It's highly more probable Harvin wanted to do only a certain set of plays and made demands to that effect - forcing Bevell to use him to a disadvantage. . Do some of you know anything about syllogism?

hawknation2014

Reaction score
brimsalabim":iw9dux33 said:
I respect your opinions Kip but Lynch seems awful upset about Percy being traded for him to be part of the reason behind the move.

Tate also seemed surprised and upset that the Seahawks didn't match his deal, even though he was apparently screwing Russell Wilson's wife . . .

It's a conspiracy. :2:

pehawk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1cpw304c said:

AND

Then the next step is not to whine about Bevell hurting him with a dumbed down offense you idiots.

Especially when it's more probable Harvin wanted to do only a certain set of plays rather than what the O.C. needed. Again, logic.

What if I had reasons going all the way back to his Minnesota days? And why bring this noise to an unrelated thread? You sound bitter, it's just a message board. For real, relax.

kearly

Reaction score
hawknation2014":3qoph15s said:
For those wringing their hands for Tate, I'm not saying the rumors about him and Wilson's wife are true, but the FO acted in such a way that made me think they believed the rumors. They lowballed his ass and did not make a counter offer when given the chance, even though they knew full well how valuable he was to our team.

The players believed it. I'm not saying the rumor is true, it's entirely possible it isn't. But if it was an active rumor in the locker room (which it was), that alone would be enough to explain the disinterest from Seattle's FO.

seabowl

Reaction score
Just read he missed 2 practices this week. The boy was done in Sea

pehawk

Reaction score
Well, we now know he was being shopped last week too, right? Explains his random appearance on IR.

kearly

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":1c8e9ly4 said:
And I found out about the trade immediately after returning from my garage where I just finished gluing my SB 49 patch onto Percy's away jersey.

I'm sorry but that is hilarious.

hawkfan68

Reaction score

rcaido

Reaction score
If the offense still stalls, can we trade Bevell for a bag chips...Im shock, i wish we could have gotten more for Harvin...Since i dont know the facts, just want to wish Harvin the best. Thanks for the Superbowl. Time for young players & WR to step up! Go Hawks!

hawknation2014

Reaction score
kearly":1rr32llq said:
hawknation2014":1rr32llq said:
For those wringing their hands for Tate, I'm not saying the rumors about him and Wilson's wife are true, but the FO acted in such a way that made me think they believed the rumors. They lowballed his ass and did not make a counter offer when given the chance, even though they knew full well how valuable he was to our team.

The players believed it. I'm not saying the rumor is true, it's entirely possible it isn't. But if it was an active rumor in the locker room (which it was), that alone would be enough to explain the disinterest from Seattle's FO.

The players believed it? Uhhhh, what player believed this ridiculous and insulting rumor about Russell Wilson, Golden Tate, and Wilson's soon-to-be-ex-wife? Everyone in the know who has been willing to comment on it has shot it down as the ridiculous rumor it is. For people to continue to propagate it is simply disrespectful to everyone involved.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
I stared at this thread title for about 30 seconds before clicking on it. This is wild.

pehawk

Reaction score
Umm, the Golden Tate rumor is true. But, that wasnt why Percy punched him.

billbird2111

Reaction score
Filydan":2qxxe1nk said:
Back to Beast Mode. Works for me!

The problem with that is over-reliance on just one player. Remember -- we did that with Frank Gore in San Francisco. And while Gore is a great player -- he gets run down by the end of the season and he's just not the same type of threat.

Beast Mode is a similar type of player plus he's younger. But if you rely too much on one guy, it spells problem. I hope your QB develops another relationship with another receiver -- but I hope he doesn't do it before you play my 49ers. :D

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3mw0db1z said:

AND

It's highly more probable Harvin wanted to do only a certain set of plays and made demands to that effect - forcing Bevell to use him to a disadvantage. . Do some of you know anything about syllogism?

Syllogism is what Roland does after a round of dungeons and dragons?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
vtxretro02":3qniqmti said:
NOW BRING BACK GOLDEN TATE...
Who?Oh the guy that wanted and got more than he was worth and what we couldn't pay..He is gone and never coming back .. Get over it..We might have better guys who get to play now(rookies)

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
pehawk":3lpeo0u3 said:
Umm, the Golden Tate rumor is true. But, that wasnt why Percy punched him.

o-rly.jpg

I needs proofs.

Status
Not open for further replies.