Breaking down Tyler Lockett & interesting Tony Pauline notes

lsheldon

Reaction score
In my opinion, one of the most exciting picks the Hawks have made since 2012. I can't wait to see what he can do on game day (in conjunction with Jimmy Graham), to open up our run game and get our special teams game back on track.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
In my opinion he was taken where he should have been taken from what I've seen from him in college. I've caught many of his games over the years. I think he will be a reliable option on third down, and I think he will be able to do things in the open field, but I do not think he'll ever get 1000 yards, and I think he'll be more of a situational player. People are looking at him as the next Antonio Brown, or Golden Tate and I just don't see it. Overall he will help our return game, and third down percentage, but I would lower your expectations.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":3md7701x said:
In my opinion he was taken where he should have been taken from what I've seen from him in college. I've caught many of his games over the years. I think he will be a reliable option on third down, and I think he will be able to do things in the open field, but I do not think he'll ever get 1000 yards, and I think he'll be more of a situational player. People are looking at him as the next Antonio Brown, or Golden Tate and I just don't see it. Overall he will help our return game, and third down percentage, but I would lower your expectations.

In this offense unless we start throwing more your right we wont' see 1k yards for Lockett or for that matter any of our receivers. I for one think Baldwin might be able to do it this year. If people are trying to cover Jimmy, then Baldwin will be the beneficiary.

I don't know if it's true but someone posted something about Baldwin leaving after his contract will be up on fieldgulls saying he heard it on 710 (Lockett article). It's speculation but since Lockett will be backing up Baldwin it makes sense to get someone ready anyways just in case it does happen.

Antonio Brown and Golden Tate are their own being. Lockett will be Lockett and I'm pretty sure the fire in him is lit, and he will do whatever in his power to play on the outside and be more than just a situational player, so I wouldn't lower my expectation for him when he wouldn't lower it for himself.

It's fun to talk about the what ifs for now and come back later

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":27jtb3sg said:
Spin Doctor":27jtb3sg said:

In this offense unless we start throwing more your right we wont' see 1k yards for Lockett or for that matter any of our receivers. I for one think Baldwin might be able to do it this year. If people are trying to cover Jimmy, then Baldwin will be the beneficiary.

I don't know if it's true but someone posted something about Baldwin leaving after his contract will be up on fieldgulls saying he heard it on 710 (Lockett article). It's speculation but since Lockett will be backing up Baldwin it makes sense to get someone ready anyways just in case it does happen.

Antonio Brown and Golden Tate are their own being. Lockett will be Lockett and I'm pretty sure the fire in him is lit, and he will do whatever in his power to play on the outside and be more than just a situational player, so I wouldn't lower my expectation for him when he wouldn't lower it for himself.

It's fun to talk about the what ifs for now and come back later

Don't bother him while he applies a Peyton Manning-style cookie cutter to a run-first offense :lol: